Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,041 to 55,060 of 69,992

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I didn't play it all the way, but I liked Mario Tennis Aces story mode. Never understood the hate. A little short, I suppose that's a legit complaint. But it was fun.

Mario Golf looks insanely good. I'm a massive, massive Wii Sports Golf fanatic and a diehard Mario Golf World Tour fan. Put the two together and you can't lose. Especially with a story mode that involves leveling up with stats.

The only complaint I have is, it doesn't seem the motion gestures for swinging the club will be able to account for twist to veer the ball off to the left or right. Because Mario Golf just doesn't work like that. I wish they'd incorporate full Wii Sports Golf mechanics for the motion controls. But... it's fine. I'm just happy we're getting a dope looking Mario Golf with motion.

BTW, we don't need a distraction leading up to Monster Hunter Stories 2- we'll still be playing Monster Hunter Rise! Even so, we'll have New Pokémon Snap, Trails of Cold Steel 4, SMT Nocturne and Mario Golf.

And then MH Stories 2 launches just before Skyward Sword. My goodness this is a banger year.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Luckily for me, it'll be years before I play ToCS4, have no interest whatsoever in Mario Golf, am in no rush to play Skyward Sword atm, and can happily wait on Pokemon Snap.

Only game that'll potentially interrupt my Shin Monster Hunter Tensei-athon are the Great Ace Attorney ports that seem increasingly likely to be localized. When that collection comes out, I'm playing it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

PSA: Only 100 hrs left to preorder Monster Hunter Rise and get the preorder bonus. Layered Palamute and palico skins are cool, but that novice talisman is going to come in handy. I’m sure it’ll have Divine Protection like in MH World, which I believe randomly lowers damage received by 25% a fixed percentage of the time.

Untitled

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ninfan

Is there a game on switch that let's you get into a big robot and fight with other people in there's. I thought I saw one advertised on e shop but I can't remember the name of it...❓

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

Ninfan wrote:

Is there a game on switch that let's you get into a big robot and fight with other people in there's. I thought I saw one advertised on e shop but I can't remember the name of it...❓

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@NintendoByNature I immediately jumped to Xenoblade X but I remembered... it’s not on Switch.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jump

There's a few mecha games on the Switch. Daemon X Machina is probably the most notable but there's a few it could be.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Snatcher

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get scott pilgrim but before I do I just want to know what you guys think of the game solo and Co-op.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Magician

@Ninfan

War Tech Fighters?

Or the upcoming Megaton Musashi...perhaps?

For a company like Level-5 that struggles to remain solvent, Megaton Musashi feels like a hail mary.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician Are Level 5 struggling?* I know they closed down their American publishing office but their games do well in Japan which is where they are aimed for anyway and before that they seemed to be a company over preforming with unexpected international success.

*that's a genuine question rather than sass by the way.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Magician

@jump

I didn't mean to imply that Level-5 were in dire straits, only that they aren't flourishing.

It feels as though they're just getting by.
https://www.destructoid.com/stories/level-5-head-akihiro-hino...

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician yeah they are no longer the developer they were back in the 3DS day. Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven and Yo Kai Watch have all lost their sparkle and new titles like Snack World did not pop in the West like the others did.

It's a shame as I really liked the Layton games and Ni no Kuni & Fantasy Life were great too. Ushiro sounded cool, I hope that is still coming as it was announcecd like 3 years ago.

Nicolai wrote:

Jackpaza0508

@jump I really want level5 to localise Yo Kai 4 and the remake of the first game but we all know that Yo Kai watch was a bit of a flop in the west (I mean I ate all the merchandise up) so I don't see it happening

He/Him

jump

@Jackpaza0508 I wouldn't be shocked if Ninty picked it up for a Western release like how they recently did with A Train. They had a good working relationship with each other and Ninty published most of their game in the West before Level 5 set up an American branch.

I'm not fussed about Yo Kai myself, it never clicked with me the same way Pokemon did. I'm much more keen on remasters or return to the orginal style of Layton games rather than the collection of small mysteries the last Layton game was like, Ushiro and a new Fantasy Life.

I love how creepy Ushiro looks!

Nicolai wrote:

Jackpaza0508

@jump Ooh! A horror rpg? That sounds really interesting! However, I'm not gonna play it because I am a huge wimp and if I look at the genre of a game and I see the word horror, I run for the hills.

Edited on by Jackpaza0508

He/Him

Magician

@jump @Jackpaza0508

Mmm, I can't remember the last horror/rpg I played.

Koudelka? (We need a Koudelka remaster, SNK.)

Darkest Dungeon might qualify too I suppose.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic