Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,061 to 55,080 of 70,081

jump

@Jackpaza0508 it's still a Level 5 game, I wouldn't worry too much about it being scary.

@Magician I'd consider the Shin Megami Tensei games as horror myself with Apocalypse being the last one I played.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

It could be that Sakurai has a different project in mind once his SSBU obligation has concluded.

His next game could be a Kirby Air Ride sequel for all we know.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FragRed

@Magician Plot Twist: Nintendo will never let him free of SSB and he will forever chained to oversee the franchise.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Magician

(confession)

I'm having a difficult time getting into the crpg genre. Games such as Baldur's Gate and Planescape specifically. I guess "choice paralysis" is real problem for me. This particular subgenre of rpg gives me a borderline panic attack because of the degree of build diversity you're given. I'm used to rpgs that are more simplified, streamlined, and refined. It makes me leery about the arrival of Disco Elysium on Switch later this year.

Will I skip one of this generation's best games because I can't "git gud"?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

urrutiap

I was browsing the Switch eshop for upcoming games and noticed I Saw Black Clouds which is an interesting interactive horror movie for a "videogame".

urrutiap

jedgamesguy

Anyone else just getting sick of Smash? I'm not asking just for extreme reactions, I legitimately feel like even Sakurai is starting to get burnt out by the fans' incessant whining, despite his decent efforts to make this game as good as it can be. This whole DLC pack shouldn't have existed, and the only reason it does is because Sakurai had characters he had already wanted to put in, apart from the candidates submitted by Nintendo.

I do think he should try something new after he finishes the last fighter, the concern of course is that he gets so burnt out that he flat out retires on the spot. So @Magician, @FragRed, if he tries something new it'll act more as proof that Smash isn't his only avenue for good game design. I heard that Kid Icarus: Uprising was very good, but it's been almost ten years since.

And @Magician, I don't like them either, but Disco Elysium has this feeling... that it'll be something worth getting regardless of skill. I like reading and video games, and this blends both, with over a million words of script. I've neglected reading lately so this'll be the best thing for me.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Mondos

@Giancarlothomaz a port wouldn't be possible because of the controls, but I would love to see a sequel, it would need rebalancing around a twin stick control scheme in terms of speed/accuracy but I pumped so many hours into KI:U and would love to see a continuation of the story. I loved the whole weapons farming/fusing model too.

SW-6431-6461-9719

Giancarlothomaz

@Mondos i don't think it would be hard/impossible to do a port of Kid Icarus Uprising on Switch, it can use both analogue stick for the controlller or the Gyrocoscope feature of Switch for aiming for a future sequel on Switch.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

BenAV

@Mondos Completely agree with you that there's no way that Uprising could work well with the Switch's controls. Even gyro aiming wouldn't be remotely sufficient. It's one of my favourite games ever so a sequel would be cool but it was also so perfect as a standalone thing that I feel pretty satisfied by it if they do just leave it there.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

jump

@TheJGG I swear you spend more time complaining about Smash fans complaining than the actual time Smash fans complain. ;p

Nah, Smash is great so the more tham merrier and I'm happy for a fighter pass to exist, it keeps interest in the game going after day one and that is always good for a game that has a big online to it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

@Giancarlothomaz I'd guess the difficulty is Nintendo wants the focus to be Smash. Kid Icarus Uprising is 9 years old (released March 22nd 2012 in Japan, March 23rd 2012 in NA/Europe, March 29th 2012 in Australia/New Zealand) which means for the past 9 years Sakurai has only worked on Smash.

Smash 3DS/Wii U (2012 - 2014) -> DLC for Smash 3DS/Wii U (2014 - 2016) -> Smash Ultimate (2015 - 2018) -> DLC for Smash Ultimate (2018 - ?)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jedgamesguy

@jump Everyone’s gotta have a trigger word, or something they hate with a passion. There’s two things I hate at the moment; the Ferrari F1 team, and Smash fans. I mean... we get it guys, Waluigi’s not in smash so you’ll commit mass murder.

Kinda deplorable. I like Smash, the idea and the fighting but the fan base, or rather the vocal fans, are cancerous.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

FragRed

Sorry spoilers alert, but I thought this was important. Tomorrow’s Bloomberg/WSJ announcement is to be the New Switch will come with rockets allowing it to hover in front of you as you walk along the street, allowing you to use your hands for “other” things.

In addition, the nee console will beam across all gameplay to your brain so you can control it with your mind. However, if you do so for more than 30 minutes at a time, it will result in permanent frying of the brain due to the intense heat of the laser.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

rallydefault

@FragRed
We predicted all of that.

@Magician
Yea, I tend to enjoy the concept of those games more than actually playing them. I owned Baldur's Gate on PC when it first launched (all those discs lol), I own the remaster, and... still have never finished it lol

rallydefault

FragRed

@rallydefault Damn, you must personally know the Nintendo Ninjas to get these predictions so accurate.

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano problaby yes, Kid Icarus compared to Super Smash Bros is not a major franchise for Nintendo to focus, so is wise to spent on franchise that is garanteed to be a critical and sales sucess like the Super Smash Bros franchise.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic