Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,021 to 55,040 of 69,983

rallydefault

Amidst all the Monster Hunter hype, I'd like to contribute:

I just got 100% in Origami King! Holy cow do you need to work a bit for that, but man... the little addition to the ending was worth it. What an amazing game.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

BruceCM

SMT Nocturne pre-orders are up here, at least in Game ..... I expect other places will get them, too!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

@BruceCM

Yeah NA retailers like Best Buy, Amazon, and VGP are on the verge of accepting preorders.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM It straddles the line between my wanting to buy it physically or digitally; being sized at 8.4GB on the eShop. I've been frugal with space recently, and P5S was one such game I decided to get physically because of how large it was.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

BruceCM

Well, I tend to get physical for most games that have those easily available on Switch, @TheJGG ....As well as the internal memory saving, it means I can trade it in afterwards for about half the cost back, which is worth having

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM Really? I never consider trading games in OR getting second hand games. I always buy them all from a normal shop in mint condition. Of course having said that I may well change my nefarious ways if I become more cash strapped.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

JaxonH

Ya, I bought GameCube, Wii and DS games used because I amassed my collection after those generations were already over. But even then I was super picky about condition.

Now, I only ever order brand new, and don't sell my games (although, I did recently trade in 100+ PS4/X1 games to Gamestop since I switched to Steam and had no need of a legacy physical library, and only plan to buy digital on PS5 for whatever games I get there).

It's not a very good store of value. You'll probably lose 80-90% of what you spend, unless you list individually on eBay, which is a massive pain for a full collection.

But, at least it's worth something, right? Even the PS4/X1 games I traded in netted me nearly $1,000 in store credit (although I did trade my Xbox One X console in too, which accounted for a few hundo). I paid way more than that, but at least I got something in return.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@JaxonH
I feel granted if i can get very rare Gamecube games even they are used condition.
Last time i got Ty Tasmanian Tiger 3 and Starfox Adventures from Tokopedia just for Rp 300,000 or US$ 20.87 each game.

Anti-Matter

BruceCM

Switch games aren't much cheaper pre-owned, anyway, @TheJGG .... There's a few games I'll replay, so I've kept a few physical ones but generally, once I've finished with it, I might as well trade it in! Especially with Switch ones, that keep their value a lot better

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

Indeed, @BruceCM, I’ve looked and the disparity isn’t great enough to justify buying second hand games. The proprietary media that is the Switch cartridge means they’ll be expensive as long as Nintendo wants them to be. They control the production of these things so they also control price.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

rallydefault

I replay my games all the time, so I never trade stuff in. I'll usually beat something fairly quickly, shelve it for a few months, and then go back to 100% it.

rallydefault

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
In Indonesia, peoples sell Sushi Strikers Switch version with very low price (Rp 99,000 or under US$ 10 for the cheapest price) due to not really succesfull with $60 price tag.
Also, LABO 01 - 04 got drastic price cut in Indonesia, under US$ 20 for the cheapest price and brand new condition.
My LABO toys are literally catching dusts on my shelf, i found the rubbers that holding the cardboard already melted.

Anti-Matter

Magician

(random)

I'm disappointed in the Switch ports of Assassin's Creed III and Grip. AC III has some audio issues, and although Grip runs well the low rez textures are really off putting. I'll be adding those to the trade pile.

[OT] I'm happy to see a common theme in the nscollectors reddit.

Hades, Hades, 2x copies of Hades, Hades, Hades...

...I'd venture a guess that the physical release for Hades did well.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@rallydefault The change at the ending of TOK just kinda felt like dagger twisting to me.

Although I am happy the game stuck to its narrative guns. Unlike TTYD where the game doesn't commit to TEC's death, which largely ruins that aspect of the story. For such a light-hearted adventure, IS really wasn't pulling its punches.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

rallydefault

@Ralizah
Yea, I'm glad they stuck with the emotional plot points and didn't cheapen them later. There are honestly some really touching moments in that game, like top emotional moments in my gaming life lol

The secret ending was just like the other emotional parts of the game for me - so powerful, and can be thought of from different perspectives. Some may see it as kind of, I don't know, like inconsequential almost. But I took it more as a finality (based on what the origami maker said earlier in the game) with such a bittersweet twist.

And I assume most people just watch it on Youtube lol It really does take quite a bit of effort to earn. Shy Guys Finish Last, speed rings, and the river boat trophies definitely took some time for me. I have like 80 hours in the game now lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

@Magician
I heard AC3 had compressed audio, but I didn't have my headset back then, and it sounded fine on my Switch Lite. Maybe it was slightly less quality? Too hard for me to tell, so it didn't affect me at all.

That said, I have started noticing audio quality more now that I use a headset when at home. Haven't played that particular game since, but I can't imagine it's too big a deal as a handheld title. Surely it's better than what 3DS games sounded like (I would think?). Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection had no such issues though, as I recall.

Grip just wasn't a very good port. I was pretty unimpressed with the Switch version. Thankfully, the average quality of most Switch games has noticeably improved over the last year or so. It's like devs finally realized this isn't the Wii, it's not a "quick, throw some trash out and cash in quick" kind of system. It's actually a viable platform that can offer sustainable revenue. And if you throw out trash, you'll get a bad reputation and people won't buy your games (note the impact MXGP3 had on all future racing games from the publisher- people just ignore them now automatically because of the bad taste left from that monstrosity of a port).

BTW, I bought Hades physical too. Too good to pass up. Gotta have all the great games in hybrid format on cartridge.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

There's always a distraction from MH. The distraction from MHGU was XC2 getting so much DLC and now the distraction from MH Rise is Bravely Default II as there's no chance I'll complete it before MH Rise launches (I'm on Chapter 2).

So by this logic Mario Golf Super Rush will actually have a good story mode (Mario Tennis Aces story mode was rather meh) and be a distraction from MH Stories 2

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
If Golf's story mode is even marginally better than Ace's, I'll be really happy. I wasn't all too disappointed with Ace's story, to be honest.

rallydefault

link3710

@Ralizah Wait what? Did TEC come back in some optional post-game thing or something? I always thought TEC was dead for good.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic