Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,361 to 52,380 of 69,997

jump

@DannyBoi The only problem with saying the Switch is designed for streaming is that it's a portable console too which will mean it's internet connection would not be consistent enough for cloud gaming when you're taking it about.

I'm also not sure how not having voice chat is related to it being a streaming console.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

gcunit

DannyBoi wrote:

... it primarily being designed for streaming

Checks age of Switch.
Checks number of streaming games for Switch and ratio of streaming to non-streaming.
Checks definition of 'primary'.
Checks sales of non-Switch hardware & software made by Nintendo.
Checks 'Ignore' button still works... just in case.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

link3710

@DannyBoi Then why is there no ethernet port built into the dock? And why does it have a terrible Wi-Fi chip?

link3710

Anti-Matter

@DannyBoi
I never like streaming games idea.
It will annihilate the joy of video gaming by offline.
Just bury deep inside that terrible idea.
We don't need that feature for the future.
The future is should be Anti-Streaming only video gaming. šŸ¤Ÿ

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi

To answer some questions raised about my suggestion of the switch being designed for streaming, in regards to the problem of no internet on the go, 5G will fix that, due to its intense strength of signal. Yes the switch isn't 5G ready, but 4G devices will be able to make use of 5G in some way, not to its fullest potential. And even in that state, 4G devices will still perform better than 4G on 5G. In regards to the lack of features, the switch would not need a lot of them if it was mainly designed for streaming, it would only need to have a basic OS(like it does now). And a lot of people buy the switch as a handheld(or they buy a switch lite) so they would not need an ether net cable as they would not play much(if at all on the tv). If Nintendo wanted to design the switch for a future time when streaming comes, they would not need to do much with the switch(so make it basic) other than release games.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

link3710

@DannyBoi ...but the Switch isn't 4G ready either?

Aaaanyways, with P5S finally confirmed for February, Switch is looking at an incredibly strong Q1 in the west.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

DannyBoi

@link3710 The switch will be using 4G. What else would it be using?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

jump

The Switch isn't a phone, it's neither 4g or 5g. It uses wi-fi and Bluetooth.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

jump

@NintendoByNature get with the times old guy, it's all about AltaVista now!

Nicolai wrote:

NintendoByNature

@jump ah you're right. My apologies. In my little kid heart I still want to party like its 1999.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@DannyBoi Jump already answered, but the Switch has no mobile data of any kind. What would make you think otherwise? It doesn't have the hardware for it either, so it's not like they can patch it into the OS.

link3710

JaxonH

gcunit wrote:

DannyBoi wrote:

... it primarily being designed for streaming

Checks age of Switch.
Checks number of streaming games for Switch and ratio of streaming to non-streaming.
Checks definition of 'primary'.
Checks sales of non-Switch hardware & software made by Nintendo.
Checks 'Ignore' button still works... just in case.

Lol lol this post was legendary šŸ˜‚

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Ralizah
In between Sniper Elite 4 and Immortals Fenyx Rising, Iā€™ve actually been playing more AI The Somnium Files. Iā€™m so glad I bought this game digitally (I donā€™t really play games much that I own physically only, because I primarily use my digital only systems, for convenience). Itā€™s so good. Iā€™ve never really been into visual novels but Iā€™ve always wanted to get into them (ya know, the whole ā€œI believe any person can get into any genre, it just takes playing the right gameā€). Steinā€™s Gate just never did it for me, despite all the praise Iā€™d hear from others.

But this game is different. Itā€™s easily the highest budget visual novel Iā€™ve ever played, and the 3D sections actually elevate it to feel like much more than your typical VN. I swear, sometimes Iā€™m just not in the mood to deal with reaction times or stress, and I just want a game I can relax with and play at my own pace. Some thing with a good story... this game fits that bill to the tee. Itā€™s exactly what Iā€™ve been missing this whole time. I finally found a game that has sold me on the genre.

And to be honest I probably wouldnā€™t have bought it if it wasnā€™t for you championing the game leading up to its launch. As the years go by, there are fewer and fewer new experiences that give me that rush, that sensation of discovery I used to get all the time back in the Wii U era and early Switch days. But this game is proof enough thereā€™s still genres left that are worth discovering.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Oh, nice! I've been meaning to get back to it myself. I had leant it to a family member who had just gotten a Switch and was looking for something 'meaty' to play, but I was in the middle of my playthrough at the time, so... I'll probably just start over.

The game's writer, Kotaro Uchikoshi, has solid cult cred both from his work on the Infinity series VNs from the early 2000s as well as his Nintendo DS/3DS Zero Escape trilogy, the latter of which blended mind-bending science-horror scenarios with engaging escape room puzzles. If Spike Chunsoft ever gets off its lazy butt and ports over The Nonary Games collection to Switch, it'll be an absolute must-buy.

Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MPSSislit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The Player's Voice category for the Game Awards gone live (winner is 100% decided by the public) and a few Nintendo games are eligible:

• Animal Crossing New Horizons
  • Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition
  • Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity

@Grumblevolcano
Sorry for the last response, I was busy this week.

• Oh, that's cool.
    Checks Player's Voice category
    Once again, Ninjala has been snubbed of another award. šŸ˜
    At least Genshin Impact got another nominee, though. šŸ˜ƒ
    I wish Ninjala had gotten (at least) a couple of awards from TGA.
    You know, something that has surprised me this year is the amount of praise that Genshin Impact has gotten, and how quickly people have dismissed Ninjala. šŸ¤”

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. šŸ¤”
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

JaxonH

I think Ninjala had some serious issues. Namely the Rock Paper Scissors showdowns which was entirely luck based, and the fact many people just didnā€™t find it that fun/fulfilling long term. Of course, more power to anyone who loves it. I donā€™t think itā€™s a bad game. Itā€™s just... it only ever reminds me how Iā€™d rather be playing Splatoon 2.

edit
Chronos Before the Ashes is a pretty good little game! And it looks decent in handheld mode (always a huge sticking point for me after Outer Worlds). Not spectacular, but decent. Better than most games of this caliber do, lets just say that.

Itā€™s not a masterpiece by any means, but itā€™s a really solid Souls like game, but with multiple difficulties and more of a Bioshock/Metroid Prime atmosphere. Iā€™m surprised that I canā€™t seem to put it down. I just keep playing, and playing... more than Dark Souls ever got me hooked. Maybe because itā€™s not soul crushingly difficult. It feels kinda hard, but not really.

Edited on by JaxonH

MPSSislit

@JaxonH
I get that the Rock Paper Scissors combat can be annoying to some because it's luck based, but that doesn't bug me for some reason.
Also, they added an option (in either 1.2 or 2.0) in which you can get out off the Rock Paper Scissors combat by pressing the L button.
TBH, I haven't played Splatoon 2 since January, and I'm enjoying Ninjala currently more than Splatoon 2.
EDIT: I hope that my response didn't come off as harsh or rude.

Edited on by MPSSislit

Please give Ninjala a chance, guys. šŸ¤”
As @Sunsy said,
Ninjala Gang FOR LIFE!
Also, if I don't respond to your post within a day (or two), don't worry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm going to be busy, though I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic