Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,161 to 52,180 of 70,082

JaxonH

Even if it's not a western release, it's at the very least an English Asian release.

Which I will likely import if they dont announce a western release alongside it.

And of course, gotta go with Switch. Even with C19, hybrid play still trumps all. Still play on the Lite while watching Netflix, still bring my Lite to work, still bounce the saves to the TV over the cloud. C19 hasn't really changed anything for me.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@Retrodouche As a fellow Wii U owner, I prefer the Switch ports still. I regularly do make heavy use of the hybrid nature of the system, going back and forth between TV and handheld. I am in the camp of wanting everything we can reasonably get on Switch, on it.

But I also agree, Virtual Console on Wii U is so much better. Sure the games must be bought individually and that can drive the price up quickly, but we have so many more systems to choose from. Most notable for me personally being GBA and N64. When Switch was first announced I fully believed that Nintendo would improve on that legacy support even further. But clearly that hasn't happened.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Grumblevolcano

@Giancarlothomaz As soon as Nintendo announced Monster Hunter Rise a day after the September PS5 event, the Switch's success in Japan during next gen was basically guaranteed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

I'd go a step further and say nothing except maybe Wii U levels of bad marketing could make people in Japan want to abandon the console that can be a handheld in order to play regular consoles that aren't handheld.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

KryptoniteKrunch

Yup, both UK and Japanese charts prove that the Switch will still remain strong despite next gen officially here now. I never understood the logic of Switch sales completely dropping off a cliff anyway.. Just because there are more powerful consoles people automatically won't buy BotW 2, MH Rise, the next Mario etc.??

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Magician

Doom Eternal preorders being delisted and preorders cancelled en masse in Murica.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Haruki_NLI

Irony there is that's the first meaningful update on the game since last November when the delay happened and Switch was "only a few months after".

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

jump

@Slowdive I’m not sure I’d call 3 months as a timed exclusive.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@Magician
Because it's not getting a physical release. Its digital only.

Let's hope it turned out well.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

DannyBoi

Gonna call it, switch is made for when streaming goes main stream. Console is hybrid(ideal for streaming). Switch has bought gamers together more than ever(display between consoles people own both a switch and PlayStation or xbox). Sounds crazy, but if you really think about it, it makes sense.

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Giancarlothomaz

@Magician oh no! this is not good, this could point up the Switch version of Doom Eternal is cancelled or is planned for the rumored Switch Pro, and @Slowdive this Ghost 'n Globlin reboot that the same Insider that predicted Monster Hunter Rise e Monster Hunter Stories 2, is in the Capcom leaks?strange a timed exclusive for 3 months?

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

@Giancarlothomaz There's no way they're making games exclusive to a Pro revision of the Switch

It's still a mainstream home console so Nintendo can't apply the same mentality they've used for dedicated handhelds to it considering it's likely a Pro Switch revision will be to the Switch what the PS4 Pro is to the base and slim models. This means when Eternal comes to Switch, it will have to work with both consoles by design, but have benefits to being played on the Pro model

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly I'm fine with the idea of DOOM being digital only on Switch

Considering current gen games being ported to the console require a massive download just for the game to be playable with all the content intact, it always defeated the purpose of releasing it physically to begin with.

That and there was no way in hell I was ever considering picking this up on Switch of all things. Already played and beat it on Steam

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Marcalous

@Slowdive hopefully its as difficult as the original

Im.hoping the recently announced AEW game is coming onto the switch

Edited on by Marcalous

Marcalous

Ralizah

@Giancarlothomaz This has already been addressed...

Game is digital only now, and we'll hear more about it within the month.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Been waiting on Doom Eternal for Switch. Got on Steam but didnt play much of it. Dont want to ruin the fun when I could save it for the handheld.

I just hope it turns out well. If it's at least as good as DOOM 2016, I'll be playing the heck out if it on Switch. If it's more Outer Worlds then I'll just play the Steam version. But I'm hoping its good. I really want this game on handheld with gyro.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic