Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,141 to 52,160 of 70,035

Grumblevolcano

@Haruki_NLI I checked and it's not on the Switch eshop (recent releases, coming soon or searching) so I guess it's delayed in Europe.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

Yeah, although the news feed takes you to a 'page', it isn't available to play or pre-order .... While it still has today as it's release date! Hopefully, it'll be sorted out soon

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@BruceCM It didn't appear in the news feed for me, only news feed article that happened today which appeared on the Switch for me was for Rhythm Boxing 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

I can't find Serious Sam Collection on the PS4 app either, so perhaps there is something wrong even though Devolver Digital have tweeted about it's release today.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
Depends on the difficulty setting. I can’t play on the sniper elite setting or any of the higher difficulties because the more advanced bullet ballistics are just too much for me. It’s totally awesome to have because some people really get into the realism. And maybe one day I’ll get there. But for me, at least right now, the normal difficulty is just fine.

No aim assist btw. Doesn’t mesh with the gyro. In fact, I didn’t even know there was aim assist in the game for sniping.

Are you picking it up?

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Digitaldigdug

I'm still getting used to the control scheme on pikmin 3 deluxe. Anyone else keep impulsively trying to lock with the ZR button? Mappable controls would be sweet if they added that in a patch.

Edited on by Digitaldigdug

Digitaldigdug

MsJubilee

@JaxonH Let me tell you it takes a lot of practice in the shooting range to understand the mechanics. But, it's worth it in the end. Makes the games a lot more exciting, in my opinion.

No, I'm not picking it up on the Switch; I bought it on day one for the PS4. Truth be told, you talking about this game(Sniper Elite 4) has awoken my love for this series. Just been playing SE3 on hard mode, and timing everything perfectly has been a blast. Going to go for SE2 and then SE4 later this month after I finish SE3. Can't get enough.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

JaxonH

@MsJubilee
I believe it. I’ve been spending all my time practicing in the shooting range thus far. Haven’t started the campaign yet, because I wasn’t that good in Sniper Elite 3 and want to hone my skills this time before starting.

This game is so awesome. Like, for anyone who ever dreamed about being a sniper, it lets you live out that experience. I looked in the options and ya, I do have aim assist on. But it’s not the kind I was thinking of. Usually aim assist means bullet magnetism and propensity to snap to targets, but in Sniper Elite it gives you the true aim cursor for where the bullet will drop over such a long distance. I imagine in higher difficulties you have to account for wind also? Not sure.

But I do love the letting out your breath mechanic, and how it stabilizes your cursor and slowly zooms in further, and the breath meter that fills up if you do it too much, and have to let it slowly drop down if you overdo it. It’s just such great gameplay design.

Of course, experiencing the game with HD rumble, feeling your heart beat as you let out your breath... it’s so immersive. I love it. Not to mention the gyro aiming which complements it perfectly. They did such a great job on the gyro, too. It’s the perfect sensitivity and it’s super responsive and stable, but they also give you a bevy of options for adjusting the sensitivity in each axis and inverting.

I’m surprised the series hasn’t proven to be that popular on Switch. It’s just such a great game.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

Another day, another Gamestop SKU leak.

1x $40
2x $60
2x $110 (???, that's an odd msrp.)

Any guesses?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Retrodouche

As a wii u owner and a longtime nintendo fan I'm actually kind of disappointed at nintendos first/second party output on switch. Don't get me wrong there are great games on switch but it seems a little bit underwhelming while I look at this list I made.
On this list are the big nintendo 1st/2nd party wii u games versus their switch equivalents/counterparts

-New super Mario bros 2012 vs ported to switch= port
-Nintendo land 2012 vs 1-2 switch

-Game & Wario 2013 vs ??
-Pikmin 3 2013 vs port
-Wonderfull 101 2013 vs port
-Wind waker hd 2013 vs ??
-Wii u party 2013 vs 1-2 switch
-Wii U sports club and wii fit u 2013 vs Ring fit adventure
-Mario 3d world 2013 vs port and
Mario odyssey

-Donkey kong tropical freeze 2014 vs port
-Mario kart 8 2014 vs port
-Hyrule warriors 2014 vs port +sequel and Fire emblem warriors
-Bayonetta1+2 2014 vs port
-Captain toad 2014 vs port
-Nes remix pack 2014 vs nintendo switch online
-Smash 4 2014 vs Ultimate

-Kirby rainbow paintbrush 2015 vs Kirby star allies and Kirby clash
-Mario party 10 2015 vs Super Mario party
-Splatoon 2015 vs splatoon 2
-Yoshi woolly world 2015 vs crafted world
-Mario maker 2015 vs mario maker 2
-Amiibo festival (Yeah... I don't think this one counts)2015 vs new horizons
-Mario tennis ultra smash 2015 vs Mario tennis aces
-Xenoblade x 2015 vs chronicles 1 and 2+ golden country
-Tokyo mirage 2015/2016 vs port

-Mario&sonic Rio 2016 vs Tokyo 2020
-Pokken tournament 2016 vs port
-Twilight princess hd 2016 vs ??
-Star fox 0 2016 vs starlink??
-Paper Mario color 2016 vs Origami king

This is the point where we are at switchs life

-Breath of the wild 2017 vs breath of the wild + unreleased sequel

So here's the list of big games that switch has over wii u/ there's no equivalents on wii u

-Arms
-Astral chain
-Fire emblem 3 houses
-Links awakening
-Luigis mansion 3
-Mario rabbids
-Animal crossing new horizon
-Octopath
-Pokemon s&s
-Pokemon lets go
-snipperclips
-Super mario 3d allstars

Considering that the switch online sucks compared to virtual console it seems that switch relies heavily on indie + 3rd party support and of course its main gimmick of being portable homeconsole.
And what about the fact that there's only 1 console they have to support instead of 2 ( 3ds & wii u)??
And yes I know it takes more time to make games to switch compared to 3ds but still ... like I said, it feels underwhelming. Thoughts on this?

Retrodouche

jump

@Magician Given the dates I wouldn't be surprised if these are old place holders for Mario Kart Home Camera Racer, Hyrule Warriors AOC, Super Mario 3D All Stars and Cadence of Hyrule.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

@Retrodouche
Wii U was a full generation. We’re barely halfway into the Switch generation, and already we’ve gotten new and improved ports of virtually the entire Wii U catalog, many with extra content, on top of a huge pile of new games, and many more to come. The VC isn’t as good. That’s probably the one thing that makes holding on to a Wii U worthwhile.

I’d say 1st party support has never been better. Of course, that statement presupposes support continues for the next 3-4 years with quality games (which, I’m quite sure it will).

Edited on by JaxonH

Retrodouche

JaxonH wrote:

@Retrodouche
Wii U was a full generation. We’re barely halfway into the Switch generation, and already we’ve gotten new and improved ports of virtually the entire Wii U catalog, many with extra content, on top of a huge pile of new games, and many more to come. The VC isn’t as good. That’s probably the one thing that makes holding on to a Wii U worthwhile.

I’d say 1st party support has never been better. Of course, that statement presupposes support continues for the next 3-4 years with quality games (which, I’m quite sure it will).

Was it a full generation though? Wii u was released in november 2012. Star fox 0 came in april 2016 color splash in october and breath of the wild in march 2017 when the switch came out. Wii u lifespan was 4 and a half years. Debatably 3 and a half because after spring 2016 nintendo didn't give a flying *uck about the wii u. I'll admit things will be better once they run out of wii u games to port.

Retrodouche

gcunit

Retrodouche wrote:

Was it a full generation though? Wii u was released in november 2012. Star fox 0 came in april 2016 color splash in october and breath of the wild in march 2017 when the switch came out. Wii u lifespan was 4 and a half years. Debatably 3 and a half because after spring 2016 nintendo didn't give a flying *uck about the wii u. I'll admit things will be better once they run out of wii u games to port.

Good point. Switch is pretty much the same age now that Wii U was when games development dried up.

I usually take it as a good sign though. If it feels like Nintendo have been holding back, it should hopefully mean there's some good games on the horizon.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

Standard console generations from Nintendo are 5 years, 6 years on a rotation. Ending with Gamecube at 5 years, Wii at 6 years, and Wii U back to 5 years. So it only cut short by half a year compared to the norm.

And support always dries up before the end of the generation. That's the case for other Nintendo consoles also.

So ya, it was a full generation. We're still 1.5 - 2.5 years away from the normal end of this gen (which would bounce back to 6 years this time), but Switch is going to last even longer, more like a handheld.

Edited on by JaxonH

Magician

The western release for Persona 5 Scramble listed for February 23rd by Asian retailers.
https://www.gematsu.com/2020/11/english-version-of-persona-5-...

It's probably nothing more than wishful thinking, but what are the chances those $110 Gamestop SKUs from the leak are collector editions for Persona 5 and Persona 5 Scramble? Shhh, quiet. Let this crazy old man dream wantingly.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheFrenchiestFry

@Magician That is possible. Consdering KT in particular loves the hell out of collectors editions for their crossover musou games, I think it's highly likely they're bringing over the Treasure Box Edition the game got in Japan for PS4 and Switch

Either way definitely picking this up on PS4. Considering the circumstances of the world right now I couldn't care less about portability, and playing it on PS5 will probably fix a lot of the more glaring technical issues like the long loading times and excessive aliasing problems, even though they're far more pronounced on Switch. Plus this game is gonna look smooth as butter at 60fps

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

@Retrodouche I'd argue Nintendo moved on when they announced NX in March 2015 (they saw MK8 + Smash Wii U couldn't save the Wii U so moved on), games that were already announced for Wii U were kept for Wii U (except BotW which went crossgen) meanwhile the only additions were:

• Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
  • Animal Crossing amiibo Festival
  • Twilight Princess HD
  • Paper Mario Color Splash

Mario Tennis Ultra Smash was probably an early access version of Mario Tennis Aces and Animal Crossing amiibo Festival was probably originally part of Animal Crossing New Horizons.

Twilight Princess HD was probably planned specifically for the Zelda 30th anniversary and Twilight Princess 10th anniversary. Color Splash seems to be an odd one out.

Everything else moved to Switch which a big chunk is the new Switch game lineup you've seen over the past nearly 4 years.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic