Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,041 to 52,060 of 70,011

Grumblevolcano

Provided Nintendo doesn't overshadow its release, I think MH Rise will sell a bit more than MH4U (around the same as MH4U + the Switch factor which puts it over) but Capcom expecting sales to be around the same as MH World is Square Enix levels of ridiculous expectations (particularly Tomb Raider 2013 comes to mind).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

I wish Airu Cat have their games on Nintendo Switch.
There were Airu de Puzzle and Poka Poka Airu Mura DX / G on PSP.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Magician @Grumblevolcano
They don’t expect it to sell as well as World. That was a mistranslation which Gaijin Hunter promptly pointed out.

They said they expect it to increase sales of previous games in the franchise just as MH World did.

This is further clarified when considering their last statement, which was, “we expect MH Rise to sell over 1 million copies” (referring to Japan, obviously) and they just said preorders are on par with expectations. Clearly, if they were expecting it to sell 15 million pre-orders would not be meeting expectations.

But it’s also important to keep in mind that MH World Iceborne sold 6 million, which is more or less in line with historical trends. And Rise has a shot at 6 million (though it may take a few years for sales to accumulate). So in a sense, MH Rise very well may outsell the last version of MH World that released, and on a single platform instead of 3.

I know I’m preaching to the choir here but anyone who thinks MH Rise is going to do horrible is living in their own, make believe reality.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh down to 100GB. May have to get a second 1TB.

Edit: buying a second 1TB.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ryu_Niiyama

@HotGoomba___Rebrand Yep, bought it last BF. Sadly, it seems to have only bought me a year of space lol! Granted I was at 509GB when I bought it.

Keep in mind I’m only about 60% digital so this is with a hundred and some change physical games. Just bought a case for the ones that aren’t in my travel/playing now case ( 38 games plus the one physically in the Switch).

That also doesn’t count buyer’s remorse purchases that I have deleted.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

jedgamesguy

@Ryu_Niiyama Bruh.... that's immense. Personally I only have one 128GB card, and that's close to getting full after three years... the coronavirus made me buy more digital games but man! That's insane.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ryu_Niiyama

@theJGG I’m sure you meant that generically but please don’t call me “bruh”; I am female. Thank you!

I don’t think it is that bad. I have had the Switch since launch and gaming is one of my more active hobbies. That, plus games are smaller than their PS/Xbox counterparts so Switch is my main platform. Plus I like a wide range of genres which means that unlike some gamers, I always have something to play or that interests me. Plus I am juggling two regions and my JPN purchases are all digital. I also buy physical when I can/it matches my playstyle. So pretty normal for an avid enthusiast .

I think we have a user or two that are on their second 1TB card.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

gcunit

Me 5 minutes ago: Hmm, Sunday morning lazing in bed, perfect for trying out Abzu.

Me just now: Delete Abzu.

Could be a good experience, but the complete lack of water effects meant I felt like I may as well be swimming in space. Just not immersive enough for me. £1 I'm never getting back.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
You can consider Go Vacation Switch.
There is a Scuba diving on it (4 different places, even the deepest part)

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter I can't remember with that game. I have the Wii version and seem to remember the Switch version was just the same but HD.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Oh, there were some differences.
The addition new contents never before on Wii and also... the removed activities on Switch version.

New contents:
1. Better graphics (the trees / bushes on Wii version was like folded paper but the Switch version has better rendering despite still looks like folded paper)
2. Animals
3. Taking photo
4. Food trucks
5. Fishing

Removed:
Some activities such as Light Saber Kendo, Dancing with Wiimote, etc that utilizing Wii mote Plus are removed on Switch version.

I still keep the Wii version as well but i prefer playing the Switch version at least my eyes will not get hurt by looking at the poor rendering trees / bushes from Wii version.

Anti-Matter

jedgamesguy

@Ryu_Niiyama My sincerest apologies, I meant it generically. But all in all I do it game by game. Buying a game like Breath of the Wild digitally was a bit of a mistake, because of how big it is. And with Age of Calamity dropping soon I'll have a headache thinking about what to do there, since where I live there is no clear way to buy physical games.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Grumblevolcano

Looks like this is the first time Nintendo has mentioned Galaxy 2 as part of the SMB 35th anniversary celebrations. The Grand Prize features a pin set featuring all the Mario platformers (though uses 3DS for Mario Maker instead of Wii U).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

Random thought.

I think THQ Nordic does the bare minimum when marketing their releases.

Keep an eye on Chronos: Before the Ashes, the game looks great.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HotGoomba

@Magician They do have a low budget for all their games.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy there.

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano i found very suspicious and difficult that Super Mario 3D World+Bowser Fury could be the Holiday title for Switch this year, Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 or a Super Mario Odyssey 2 or a brand new 3D Mario game, would fit well Nintendo Holiday scheadule, do you honestly believe Nintendo would release a port of a game to be a Holiday title? specially with PS5 e Xbox Series X/S releasing during this Holiday season.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Giancarlothomaz Well the best selling Switch game is the best selling Wii U game (MK8) and 3D World is the 2nd best selling Wii U game.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

Now that Sony has removed the ability to back up saves for PS5 games via USB, I wonder how many people will complain given the sheer volume of complaints that Switch “blocks off save backups with a paywall”. You can backup to the cloud manually on PS5, but it requires PS+ to download to your console. So you absolutely cannot restore saves at all without paying for a subscription, which is much more expensive on the PS side.

Personally, I never had an issue with it, and still don’t. But I am eager to see how people respond, so we can determine if the years of complaining about Switch was legitimate criticism or hypocritical BS.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic