Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,021 to 52,040 of 70,008

IceClimbers

I think 2021 will mostly focus on Zelda and Pokemon's anniversaries from a 1st party perspective. Outside of that they'll focus on the big 3rd party exclusives coming next year, of which there are quite a few.

Wouldn't be surprised if Monster Hunter Rise is intended to be the big title for the 1st half of the year.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Heavyarms55

@Giancarlothomaz I really do find that very sad. It's just one game for starters, and it's not even really a Nintendo game. It's a Nintendo property sure, but still.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

@Heavyarms55 I think it's pretty safe to assume that wasn't their original plan, but whatever was aimed for this holiday is either being delayed out to the next holiday (oof) or going to be the big title for the first half of next year instead, like how Animal Crossing was supposed to be 2019's holiday title.

Of course, they did have Pokemon luckily have a release that year, but they've never leant on Pokemon to be their big holiday release before.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@link3710 No, but Pokemon was always a handheld thing. Now that they've unified their systems, I don't see much issue there.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

link3710

@Heavyarms55 My point was more that this isn't the first time the big holiday title has missed it's mark.

Also, Pokemon is basically an annualized series, so I wouldn't count it as the big special release since there's always a Pokemon game (or major DLC now) released in the fall. It basically has its own calendar release spot there.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

Don’t know what Nintendo has planned beyond March, nor do I care.

Because once I get Monster Hunter Rise in my hands, I won’t be playing anything else anyways for a good, long while. And of course, Pikmin 3 and Hyrule Warriors will hold it down for December and January, Bravely Default 2 and Mario 3D World will hold it down for February and March, and then it’s hunting season.

Knowing Shin Megami Tensei V and Monster Hunter Stories 2 is also coming sometime after MH Rise is enough for me. Along with YS IX and Trails of Cold Steel IV. I could probably last through 2021 on those games alone. Of course, there will be plenty others.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

Honestly same. Right now my priorities are both with uni work and getting a PS5, so I really haven't been using my Switch that often

I literally only care about SMTIII HD and SMTV right now in regards to Switch. I probably won't be picking up Hyrule Warriors until after I get my PS5 and finish both Spider-Man Miles Morales and Demon's Souls

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Grumblevolcano

Given Age of Calamity appears to be on the shorter side and no DLC, I'd guess I'll need to delve back into my backlog in December/January.

• Up to Age of Calamity = Pikmin 3 and Gears Tactics
  • Age of Calamity to Shadow Dragon = Age of Calamity, Galaxy and Gears Tactics (From progress so far I'd guess I'll finish Pikmin 3 before Age of Calamity launches)
  • Shadow Dragon to 3D World = Shadow Dragon but don't know what else outside of finishing DQXIS and Ori (I'd guess I'd finish Age of Calamity and Gears Tactics before Shadow Dragon launches)

Could do with either a general Direct in November revealing something for January or a decent Game Awards showing.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Well this is a bold prediction.

It's funny because you could say this about most of Grumble's posts.

Hah. Not trying to be snarky or anything, I just happen to see them trying to predict the future most of the time.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

@kkslider5552000 Everything is tied into the map so at best there'll be some stuff appearing on the map once you've finished the final story mission. What made the first Hyrule Warriors so lengthy was Adventure mode and DLC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Adventure mode was patched into the first game after launch though, wasn't it? I don't think challenge mode was there at launch either.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Adventure mode was available at launch (Adventure map and Rewards map) and the rest came as DLC. Challenge mode was DLC (the 4th DLC pack).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

rockodoodle

Heavyarms55 wrote:

@Giancarlothomaz I really do find that very sad. It's just one game for starters, and it's not even really a Nintendo game. It's a Nintendo property sure, but still.

Agreed. Thankfully there are plenty of other indie and third party games, which Age of Calamity sort of is. As far as Nintendo originals, this is a pretty long drought. Paper Mario and ACNH are the only memorable releases in a year that weren’t ports/remakes.

rockodoodle

Duboiss

Take it like you want but a friend works for a company that translate games and there’s an unannounced English localization that people will be happy.

Duboiss

TheFrenchiestFry

@Giancarlothomaz MH Rise being Switch exclusive won't affect its sales negatively whatsoever lol

World was literally the outlier in regards to modern installments in the series. It was actually better that specific game was multiplatform due to the very social nature of the game itself and how it encouraged online play, for which the Switch's infrastructure is not suited for long term

MH has literally moved sales of consoles like the 3DS all on its own, so a Switch exclusive installment in a similar fashion will be fine without PlayStation, Xbox or PC versions.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magician

I expect Rise to become the best selling entry in the portable series, 5m conservatively. But if Capcom are expecting Rise to sell 20m+ like World did? Whoo boy, are they in for disappointment. World is on five platforms versus Rise being on one platform.

Lets dial back those expectations a tad, Capcom.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic