Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 52,001 to 52,020 of 69,964

link3710

Mario Golf is by far bigger than most TGA announcements... but it's also totally missing it's target audience if it's announced there. So no way. Mario Golf isn't aimed at the hardcore gaming audience at all. Not to say some won't play it but...

I'd say at least one of the following is likely:
1. NMH Trailer + Release Date
2. Bayonetta 3 reveal
3. Metroid Prime 4v2 reveal (though I still think it's too far out)
4. A third part exclusive, likely either Capcom, Sega, Ubisoft or Squeenix.
5. Mother/Earthbound Trilogy
6. Something new in a core gamer IP with high western appeal such as Star Fox, F-Zero, Sin and Punishment, Xenoblade, Punch-Out!!!

Not to say those are all likely, but they're the kind of things that would make sense at this event.

link3710

HotGoomba

@Anti-Matter The Game Awards

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH Isn’t it though? I totally froze my Spiderman Ps4 play through because this is so good. Guess I’ll open MM next year. Sakuna and HW:AoC will keep me till the end of the year if not longer.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NintendoByNature

2/3D zelda Allstars. (2) 2d and (2) 3d remakes. Just imagine!

NintendoByNature

DarkRula

The Legend of Zelda Generations

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JaxonH

Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory is really good. And it’s perfect on Switch. Looks fantastic, runs flawlessly, and that goes doubly for handheld mode.

I’m shocked by how much I love playing this game on Switch.

Ghostrunner is really good too. Don’t care what anyone says. I think it looks fine on Switch. Doesn’t have super low resolution or anything and it seems to play smooth. Camera sensitivity is way too high for joycon analogs by default, so I lowered the sensitivity and now it’s perfect.

Also, instant reloads on death, even on Switch. Kinda like how Trials Rising did it. If you mess up and die, you’re IMMEDIATELY trying again at the last checkpoint 5 seconds prior. Makes it super addictive.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

Fun fact about Melody of Memory: Apparently the character models for the playable characters like Sora, Donald, Goofy, Roxas, Aqua and Vanitas are ripped straight from the 1.5 . 2.5 Remix collections on PS4/Xbox One according to Nomura lol

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Heavyarms55

So it's November, are we just not getting a big first party Nintendo game this holiday season? Or am I missing something?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

TheFrenchiestFry

@Heavyarms55 Age of Calamity is technically the big first party game this holiday. It may be developed by Koei Tecmo but it's still using Nintendo IP and is being published by them as well

There's also the localization of Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon & Blade of Light in December but that's it

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

HotGoomba

@Heavyarms55 I think that 3D All Stars, Pikmin 3 DX, and Hyrule are supposed to be those games.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

Grumblevolcano

@Heavyarms55 Nintendo is hoping that Age of Calamity being a canon BotW prequel is enough for it to do well.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Giancarlothomaz

check out the games Nintendo can show or reveal at TGA 2020 that is gonna happen in dezembre 10th, personally i hope and expect Nintendo reveal a trailer of Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 or for Bayonetta 3, if one or both of this games i mentioned release in 2021.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Toy_Link

Why after last year do we expeCt all these big games from Nintendo duRing the GAme Awards? I feel like some people are just settiNg themselves up for disappointment.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

TheFrenchiestFry

@Toy_Link idk man the BotW trailer at TGA 2016, Bayonetta 3 teaser at TGA 2017 and Joker in Smash + Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as an exclusive in 2018 were pretty great announcements

And all things considered the NMH3 trailer and Bravely Default II announcements were still hype

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

@Toy_Link Because 2021 is even more unknown than 2020 was, at least the September 2019 Direct gave us some idea of what to expect in the first half of 2020 (TMS#FE, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade [while release date was shown as 2020, it seemed likely to be 1st half of 2020 which it did end up being]).

Though I could see Nintendo saving reveals for a Direct and pulling another "Nintendo Switch has Games" situation at the Game Awards.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano To be fair, we already know Bravely Default II (February) and Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury (February), so we're only one game behind last year, while simultaneously having far more major exclusives as well (Monster Hunter Rise - March, Monster Hunter Stories - Q3, No More Heroes 3, SMT V, Story of Seasons - March, Rune Factory 5, Disgaea 6).

It's entirely possible they won't release more than a single other game (probably in May) in H1 2021.

link3710

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano Not what I would hope for. But I am sure COVID has delayed things.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Magician

If you ask me, there are already too many games and not enough time to play them. Nintendo can keep quiet until June and that would be fine by me. But we know Nintendo won't keep quiet. I think it's fair to assume they'll broadcast something in January to outline their release schedule for the first half of 2021.

Come on Nintendo, what are you delivering from April onward that'll keep MS and Sony on the ropes?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic