Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 51,981 to 52,000 of 69,981

TheFrenchiestFry

I don't expect an info dump. Another teaser would be more likely, but Nintendo would probably share explicit details on their own terms. I can absolutely see Bayonetta 3 though. A teaser that showed brief snippets of gameplay or in engine footage revealing her new design would be more than enough for Nintendo's presence at the event, and would draw in both Switch owners and action game enthusiasts.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magician

I assume Bayonetta 3 and Metroid Prime 4 are 2022 (or later) games. I wouldn't expect either to show gameplay at TGA this year. BotW 2? Sure, maybe. But would Nintendo want to show alpha footage at TGA, roughly a year before it's expected to arrive in November next year? I'd say SMT V is closer to going gold than BotW 2 is and we probably won't get gameplay footage of that either.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheFrenchiestFry

@Magician Bayonetta 3 has literally been in active development for 3 years. It would be goddamn embarrassing if they didn't have enough concrete gameplay to show from that title soon.

TheFrenchiestFry

Magician

@TheFrenchiestFry

Hideki Kamiya is too busy working on Project G.G.

That sweet Tencent funding isn't going to spend itself.

He'll get back to Bayonetta 3 when he feels like it.

/sarcasm

@Ralizah

I think the departure of Yusuke Hashimoto from Platinum sidelined Bayonetta 3's development worse than Platinum are willing to admit. Although Hideki Kamiya might be supervising, they probably gave the project to some fresh faced whippersnapper. Assuming an early 2021 release for Bayonetta 3 feels like wishful thinking.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/02/bayonetta_2_directo...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

I think Bayonetta 3 will be a 2021 release.

Unsure about BotW2. I'd like to think that it is, but experience tells me that Zelda games tend to get delayed a lot.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah I think BotW 2 is early 2022 at the very earliest. I'd be shocked if Bayo 3 wasn't at least a fall release next year like Bayonetta 2 in 2014.

TheFrenchiestFry

rallydefault

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I do think BotW2 is gonna be the 2021 Holiday title.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

I think Nintendo will aim for BotW 2 to be the big Holiday 2021 title but could see it delayed to early 2022 with some limited time old games being the holiday lineup in that case (3D All Stars has done more than well enough for Nintendo to want to continue doing limited time releases).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

What can we do to get Nintendo staff to the front of the queue for the Covid vaccine? This is imperative... Hyrule is at stake!

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Giancarlothomaz

@Ralizah like i have said here and others places severals times, i believe Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 is gonna be the 2021 holiday title for Switch and to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the franchise, and i hope and expect Bayonetta 3 is a 2021 Halloween release.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

TheFrenchiestFry

@Giancarlothomaz Nah I 100% guarantee holiday 2021's title will be some Zelda Collection like Mario 3D All Stars that bundles either the first 3 2D Zeldas or potentially Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and Skyward Sword HD.

BotW still seems way too early, especially after Aonuma's comments prior to revealing AoC

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry I think it's more likely a Zelda Collection is in Spring 2021 to be nearer to the actual anniversary (just like 3D All Stars). I don't it'll be as close as with 3D All Stars to the SMB 35th anniversary because that would burn bridges with Square Enix (3D World on February 12th, Zelda Collection on February 19th, Bravely Default II on February 26th would mean potential Bravely Default II sales would massively tank) so I think April would fit better (maybe late March to do the Zelda + Monster Hunter combo like on New 3DS).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

TheFrenchiestFry wrote:

@Giancarlothomaz Nah I 100% guarantee holiday 2021's title will be some Zelda Collection like Mario 3D All Stars that bundles either the first 3 2D Zeldas or potentially Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and Skyward Sword HD.

BotW still seems way too early, especially after Aonuma's comments prior to revealing AoC

Save this for posterity lol j/k

Isn't this whole upcoming year (2021) Zelda's anniversary or something? I bet we'll see a Zelda collection, but that will be a big Spring Game. I bet they've already had Wind Waker and Twilight Princess ported over from Wii U, the big work being Skyward Sword.

They've had tons of time for BotW2. Assuming they did absolutely nothing on it until after the DLC (I'm not totally up on the articles, sorry), they'll be at 4 years next holiday season. For a game reusing lots of assets and with so much push behind it, that's not far fetched.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

Finally got around to Pikmin 3. Went through the demo content (for the unlocks) and transferred the data into the full game. It's been really enjoyable so far, I do wish Bingo Battle had online multiplayer though as it's always a shame when multiplayer modes are local only and no bots (where applicable).

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

I'm replaying botw again. Between this, AoC, immortals (although not zelda), possible collection and/or botw2, the next year to 2 is lined up pretty well for me zelda wise.

NintendoByNature

Giancarlothomaz

@TheFrenchiestFry how Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 could be so early?if the game is in development since the release of Zelda Breath of the Wild second DLC, 4 years of development is enough for Nintendo to release Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 during the 2021 holiday season and be the best game of the franchise(beating Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time/Breath of the Wild).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Giancarlothomaz

@rallydefault you are right to expect a 2021 holiday release for Zelda Breath of the Wild 2, since after the Champions Ballad DLC, was released, Nintendo started the development of a third DLC to Zelda Breath of the Wild, until they realized, they fit so many ideas in this third DLC, they decided to make a sequel to Zelda Breath of the Wild, istead of releasing another DLC for Zelda Breath of the Wild.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

Sakuna is legit! I am now too emotionally invested in rice cultivation, but such a good game. Very much worth the wait.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I just fired up Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin a few minutes ago. What a charming, gorgeous little game.

Also just grabbed Pure Pool. Been waiting on a top tier pool game for Switch. Wish it had motion gestures with HD rumble for when you contact the ball, but this is a multiplatform title, and those usually don’t include such Switch specific features (except gyro and HD rumble for shooters). Still, it looks great. Playing pool on an HD handheld hybrid has been on my wishlist.

Now, we just need a Mario Golf game with Wii Sports Golf like motion. I LOVED Mario Golf: World Tour on 3DS. That game was superb... Absolutely superb.

edit

Also grabbed Ghostrunner which looks super dope. Had a weird eShop issue though, said it’s coming Dec. 9th, but it’s out now. After purchase, it shows up in your redownload list.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic