Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,561 to 49,580 of 69,963

NotTelevision

Rest easy Switch owners. I got Bloodstained:RotN on PS4 a while back and the game feels extremely unpolished at times. Weird glitches and crashes, random long loading times, and the boss fight with Valefar was basically broken. I tried restarting the game thinking it was a memory leak or something, but nope. The boss kept going off screen with extreme slowdown. I had strange stuff happen a couple of times with Gebel as well.

Overall a really fun game and worth it, but a buggy one. And this is not just the case on Switch.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Buizel

This has been...reassuring? I don't know, it's kinda discouraging that the game performs so badly across all platforms.

That said...no one's denying that it's a good game so I think I'll pick it up anyway. I've yet to be put off a Switch game because of performance.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

I didn't have a single problem with it on PC near launch.

The game isn't perfect on the consoles, but the Switch, far and away, has more issues than the other console versions.

Which doesn't mean it's a bad time on Switch. It's not, now that they've fixed the input lag. It just looks and performs worse. It's still perfectly functional, though.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

I played it on Switch before the fixes, too, @HunterLeon.... Wouldn't have known there were any significant issues from that, only from others saying about them

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

JaxonH

At launch it had frequent frame drops and input lag.

Now both are fixed, though I hear the frame rate isn’t perfect and later on it still has some issues. But early game it’s a noticeable improvement over what I experienced at launch. Looks a smidge better too, but not much. It’s not a bad looking game on Switch though. It’s really not. It just looks worse comparatively speaking.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

So I'm probably the only one here who cares, but a brand new action-adventure game starring my favorite Kamen Rider (Kamen Rider W) was just announced. And it's surprisingly big budget looking for a Kamen Rider game too, instead of the usual small budget fighting game, Bandai Namco is going all in for this one. I'm just hoping it has an English release, but I'll probably get it either way.

Also that it turns out to be good but... it's certainly promising looking.

link3710

JaxonH

Gotta be honest. I’m not digging Crysis.

First, the gyro is NOT well done. The sensitivity is far too low and there’s no way to turn it up aside from a single camera turn sensitivity meter in the settings. And even on Max, Which makes the camera go too fast for my liking, the Gyro sensitivity is still way too low.

Secondly, it has the same PC like issue where you can’t use gyro while simultaneously turning the camera. Not all games on PC have this issue when you map mouse movement to gyro, but some do (seems to be an issue with detecting a mouse and controller simultaneously- the Steam controller solves this by mapping everything as mouse and keyboard- mouse for gyro but instead of controller for the rest, it maps keys to the buttons and mouse to right pad so there are no mouse/controller conflicts... this is why Steam controller is CRUCIAL for pc gaming when gyro is a must for every game).

It really kills the game for me. Gyro is the corner stone of enjoyment in FPS console gaming. Get it wrong, and the entire experience suffers.

@link3710
Actually looks pretty dope.

I’ve heard the Kamen Rider games have been pretty mediocre so I never bothered importing. But if this one steps it up I’ll definitely import. An English sub Asian release has already been confirmed (won’t be releasing in the west, that’s for sure).

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH Thank you for the wonderful news on the english release! I only have played two (Kamen Rider Dragon Knight which was pretty good, and the Zi-O one which was more because I happened upon a copy for 10$.) Still this one is looking like something special.

link3710

Ninfan

Some nice game's next month on switch, was looking at them on nintendo uk/ireland website, about 4 of them look really good, skully, swimsanity, boomerang fu ,samari jack: battle through time, 4 of them look good. strange that the games look better on nintendos website than on eshop!!! or maybe there just planing to do some top release's.

Ninfan

Buizel

Picked up Bloostained and - I must say - I don't regret my choice.

Most noticeably the game is low-res, but it appears to run at a solid 30 fps. Resolution really doesn't bother me for such a game - as it's quite an old-school-feeling game to begin with (it's just bizarre that they couldn't get something like this running better!)

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

@JaxonH Too about about Crysis. Hopefully you and other people are tweeting at them so they can fix it. The issues with it all seem like they should be easily fixable via patch. The core game runs well, so I'll hold out hope that the gyro will be improved in the future.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jump

PrincessAzunyan wrote:

Been trying to play Ninjala but this is basically rock paper scissors lol, can't be doing with it

Yeah, I was really looking forward to it but there’s little skill in it. It’s a shame as there’s some good mechanics in it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BruceCM

So, how about that Balan Wonderworld game....? It's already got a next Spring window for Steam & XBox, while it's also coming to Switch, probably the same time

SW-4357-9287-0699

Solaine

@BruceCM Probably not my type of game but i will keep it under my radar if it really turns out to be good

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

BruceCM

Well, I'm not usually into platformers, @Solaine.... I'll probably see just what it turns out to be and how difficult it looks

SW-4357-9287-0699

Solaine

@BruceCM same here, mostly 3D ones though. Used to love them back in earlier days but now i guess i only played Super Mario Odyssey recently which was no disappointment in any way. If we turn towards 2D plattformers though its a whole different story to me

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic