Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 49,541 to 49,560 of 69,981

Ralizah

@rallydefault If Nintendo loses an exclusive (or upgraded port, in this case), it's a crippling loss to the library. If the PS4 loses an exclusive, it's an old game that doesn't matter anymore.

Untitled

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MarioVillager92

@Ralizah I just saw the Balan Wonderworld trailer, it looks awesome! I enjoy a good 3D platformer - I'd love to give it a shot.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Not directed at you here, but you mentioned Sony "doesnt count" those.

Yet, I'm not really sure what "Sony says counts" is relevant. At the end of the day, it's their games on an alternative gaming platform (one that I myself am now using in place of PS4, and will continue to use in place of PS5). So they can count it or not count it, but ultimately that's what it is.

For years people said "why buy Xbox when all their games are on PC" and it's a fair point (especially when PC offers gyro). There are other reasons (price, for example) but really, it's a totally viable argument. You can play the games on a different platform. Likewise, the argument is just as viable with regard to Sony as it is MS. Why buy PS when I can play most of their games on PC? And with gyro at that.

The only platform that wouldn't be a viable argument for is Switch, since PC doesnt replicate the hybrid experience. But it's not like Nintendo is putting Switch games on there anyways, so it's a moot point.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@Haruki_NLI You do realize they only published half those games, and they don't own the IPs (except Wonderful 101). Whenever their exclusivity contracts ran out the companies were free to do what they want. Nintendo owns the Astral Chain IP completely.

They only published Octopath and DQ XI in the west. In Japan, Square Enix published it. They do this with most of Square Enix's major titles, it's never made them guaranteed exclusives. Travis Strikes again wasn't Nintendo published at all, nor was Daemon Ex Machina.

So in other words, the only title that was published by Nintendo in all regions and went to other consoles was... Wonderful 101. Which again, I already discussed the differences there.

Not only is the whole gatekeeping thing rude, these aren't Nintendo published titles like you're claiming.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

Y'all need to take a chill pill or something coz I was only being half serious based on the comments from SquareEnix that this was tailor made for Switch. The irony there being that's exactly what the other systems are now getting: the Switch release, visuals and all.

@link3710 Regarding what Nintendo does or doesn't own, no one really knows. I mean heck, according to the amiibo, Bandai Namco still owns some aspect of Chibi-Robo. God knows what or why.

I will say of all the "exclusives" that are on Switch I'm shocked Octopath hasn't moved to other consoles yet after it hit PC. But they will move the exactly as is Switch release of DQXI and charge it again to people who can already buy DQXI.

Maybe they saw Persona 5 do it and figured it'll work.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

link3710

@Haruki_NLI It's been stated in multiple interviews that they own both the W101 and Astral Chain IP. And Nintendo is credited there and isn't credited in the other games. Its not that hard lol.

And yeah, that doesn't mean the game wasn't tailor made for Switch. The game was optimized to run perfectly on Switch, as opposed to something like Doom 2017 that was reworked to fit on the console. I'm not sure I see the irony?

link3710

JaxonH

Oh, it’ll work. For all the cheap jabs taken at Switch gamers for buying games that already released, elsewhere people are all too happy to buy the exact same games on the exact same system they already own it on just for extra content. Not that I haven’t done the same on occasion, but I’m not the one always going out of my way to criticize others for the games they buy. At least buying a second time on Switch got the extra content AND two versions in one. That being said, I’ll likely grab DQXIS on Steam in a sale down the line. The game is virtually unplayable without the 2-3x speed battles, and I like owning all my games twice across Switch and Steam, so I have the best of everything- best graphics, best load times, best versatility via hybrid tv/handheld, and gyro across the board for both of them for every game that needs it.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

So do Nintendo officially have no first party games schedule for release now? Or am I missing something? Surely we've gotta be getting an announcement quite soon. Maybe monday?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Magician

@Dezzy

No confirmed release dates for Nintendo-published games for the rest of 2020, that's right. Plenty of games marked with TBD 2020 or TBD 2021 though. But Nintendo isn't going to remain quiet throughout the rest of the summer. I assume we'll get one of those Wii U ports announced in August and released in September.

I get the sinking feeling that the retail release for Cadence of Hyrule is the Switch's Holiday game.

Doom and gloom, my friends.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy The only thing with anything close to a release date is an Animal Crossing update in early August which given early August is around a week away we'll get info on it within the next week. Apart from that, every else is vague release windows like "Fall 2020" for Crown Tundra DLC, "5 more Smash characters between now and December 2021" for Smash Ultimate and for the Nintendo published side "2020" for Bravely Default II.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Magician I'm pretty sure a Wii U port would be a better holiday game than a retail release of a title that's already been on the system. If that's all we're getting, I'd wager the Wii U port would be November.

link3710

JaxonH

3D World. Big holiday game (could be the Mario Collection too I suppose, but I don’t think that would go over as well because the games are older).

I’m banking on Super Mario 3D World Deluxe with added content. Set expectations accordingly. I’m good with it though. I’ll play the heck out of that game again. And I never did play Sunshine or Galaxy so, if that pans out that’s a lot of game to play through. And Mario galaxy is considered one of the greatest games of all time so I’m definitely down if that’s the case.

But I really want Pikmin and Metroid. Give me that and some decent 3rd party on Switch and I’m good. Otherwise I’ll coast through on backlog and all the games hitting Steam between now and then (namely Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk and Horizon Zero Dawn with gyro)

Then again, by the time I finish Paper Mario and all 3 Trails of Cold Steel games, it very well might be 2021 anyways.

Edited on by JaxonH

NotTelevision

@Magician So do you think whatever “holiday game” they had planned for 2020 has been pushed back to Q1 2021?

Surely they must’ve planned something bigger back in 2019.

NotTelevision

NotTelevision

I’m still holding out hope for the 2D Metroid. Otherwise, what is the meaning of the end of the Paper Mario trailer? That wasn’t an accident. I think Nintendo knew what they were doing.

Unless I’m just a fool seeing Jesus’s face on the morning toast. Time will tell I suppose.

Edited on by NotTelevision

NotTelevision

Buizel

Tempted to pick up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night in the sale, but very concerned about the performance and can't really find a reliable account of how it plays today.

Anyone played this on Switch and managed to enjoy it?

At least 2'8".

NintendoByNature

@HunterLeon I had a great time with it. Just be warned, some textures and NPCS were muddier at times. There was some slow down during certain scenes. There were also some parts that had longer load times. And I had about 4 hard crashes during my 13-14 hours with the game. Bare in mind, I played this at launch before the big update. Some of this could very well be fixed. But based on what I played pre-patch, I had an awesome time. And, its not nearly the atrocious mess people make it out to be.

I compare it to how a few people said the battle system of paper mario tok was boring, ridiculous and pointless so all the other media outlets jumped on that band wagon and said the same. When in fact, I feel it's light years ahead of the battle system that was in the original n64 version.

My advice is if you like any of the metroidvania castlevania games, you'll love this. Just note there will be a few hiccups but not enough to really hinder your play through. Unless you're really into performance.

NintendoByNature

Buizel

@NintendoByNature Thanks for the feedback, that's encouraging.

I have no doubt I'll enjoy the game itself. In fact, I've been trying it out on PC via XBox Game Pass - but even on PC it doesn't seem to run incredibly well. But it's by no means unplayable.

I don't really care about muddy textures etc. as long as the game has okay performance. Good to hear it wasn't bad enough to impair your enjoyment.

At least 2'8".

Magician

HunterLeon wrote:

Tempted to pick up Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night in the sale, but very concerned about the performance and can't really find a reliable account of how it plays today.

Anyone played this on Switch and managed to enjoy it?

@HunterLeon

It's a good game.

Just go into the game understanding that the Switch version is the worst version.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

@NintendoByNature
I've been wondering the same about Bloodstained, so thank you for that! (I also agree with you about the Origami King battle system.)

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic