Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 48,401 to 48,420 of 49,538

Octane

@Buizel The pachinko game works fine if you understand how it works. The amount you tilt left or right during your jump will affect how far you'll get flung in the machine itself. Once you 'get it', you can do it on your first try.

Octane

IceClimbers

If those Mario rumors are true then Nintendo probably had an absolutely magical booth planned for E3 that we'll never get to see now because of the virus

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

HunterLeon

@Octane I'm willing to believe this but I'd still argue that the physics are counterintuitive to anything else you experience in the game. Fludd is effectively useless and you often end up actively repelled from certain areas despite controller inputs and your current momentum. I think it would make a lot more sense if it followed the physics of the rest of the game.

@link3710 @Toy_Link both good solutions. I would be very disappointed if Nintendo forced pointer controls into Galaxy, making it unplayable in handheld mode. The loss of certain cappy moves in Odyssey was already annoying enough!

Previously "Buizel"

Xyphon22

Maybe a silly question, but is there any danger (probably too harsh a word, but hopefully you know what I mean) in just accepting friend requests on Switch? I put my friend code in my signature here and have now received 4 requests and my son received one on his profile. Is there no reason not to accept, even though I don't know who any of them are (surely they are all from these forums). And my son just accepted his blindly without asking me (he's 8). Is there anything that person could potentially do that I wouldn't want happening? Sorry for being ignorant and maybe an overprotective dad, but I've heard about the dangers of just accepting anyone on Facebook and the like, so I thought I'd make sure.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 I'm not sure myself but I received 8 since yesterday morning, All from the AC thread and I had to stop following that thread since anytime i commented I would recieve receive a few requests.

And I had no idea who they were,plus they never told me that they sent it. Not sure there's a problem with blindly accepting but for animal crossing i think it means any of them can come to your island whenever they want ( if your gate it open).

I usually only accept people from here i regularly talk to or are regulars. ACNH has brought in a sworm of new randoms.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

I played some Zombie Army Trilogy and it really is basically Sniper Elite mechanics with hordes of zombies to shoot like Resident Evil Revelation 2 RAID mode (x10 lol).

I can definitely understand why some would think the mechanics aren’t great for this genre if you were using an analog stick only, but with gyro, it’s a match made in heaven. When the zombies jerk and twitch, adjusting with the analog is nearly impossible. But with gyro, it’s very natural to quickly adjust your aim in response. I couldn’t imagine playing this game without Gyro, but since it does include it I have to say it’s pretty fantastic! I would even rate it as fun as Resident Evil Revelations 2 RAID mode.

It also looks and runs great. Full 720p in handheld, solid frame rate... its just a really nice release all around. Rebellion can do no wrong imo. They’ve shown fantastic support for the Switch, included gyro for every single one of their games, they all look and run great with peak resolution and sound frame rate, and they all have that certain flavor pertaining to Nazi Germany. In fact I would say Sniper Elite III feels like Metal Gear Solid: WW2 Edition more than anything else.

Also, Ninjala looks like Splatoon: Melee Edition. And that’s not a bad thing.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Wonderful 101, Trials of Mana
PC: Trials Rising, Gears Tactics

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Xenoblade, Borderlands w/gyro, Club House Games, Persona 5S, Trails of Cold Steel 3
PC: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Xyphon22

@NintendoByNature Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I can't really think of anything bad that could come of it other than them trashing my AC island, which really isn't that bad. But I think I would feel more comfortable if whoever they were had just messaged me saying they were submitting a request so I would know who they were. I think I'll just do nothing with the requests for now, but I may go in and delete the one my son accepted just to be safe.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

NintendoByNature

@Xyphon22 yea i think you're ok. But I usually just decline them if it's someone i haven't talked to. I would do the same if it we're my kids switch too.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Ninjala gameplay trailer in 60 fps. 😀

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

Woohoo!

Trails of Cold Steel IV is officially coming to Nintendo Switch! So it's not just a one-off with Trails of Cold Steel III!

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020
NS: Xenoblade, Borderlands w/gyro, Club House Games, Persona 5S, Trails of Cold Steel 3

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Pre-orders up in Nisa for Limited Editions, @JaxonH ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

JaxonH

@BruceCM
🤗

And... I'm off!

[zoooooom]

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Lols, I thought you might do .... I'll be sure to let people know when they're up in Europe, too

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
I cant believe we're actually getting Falcom's best games... after all these years of excuses and blah blah blah. I dont care if its outsourced. Bottom line is, they're coming.

And I think nobody was expecting the level of success of YS VIII on Switch. But going forward they're putting alot more time, effort and polish into future titles brought over. Trails of Cold Steel III is an incredible Switch port. Trails IV will surely be just as good.

And this means YS IX is almost certainly releasing on Switch as well. I just hope people step up and support these great games.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm very pleased by it, too, @JaxonH .... Y's IX looks awesome, I can't wait for that

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

@JaxonH - I placed a preorder for the ToCS IV LE as well.

I wonder if there's any chance of XSEED ever getting us ToCS I & II on Switch?

Switch Physical Collection - 596 games (as of May 26th, 2020)
Currently playing: The Grisaia Trilogy (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Tangerine

Time for The Touryst to get a discount maybe? In the European e shop sale tomorrow? I hope so!

Tangerine

JaxonH

@Magician
I think its possible, but it would probably be down the line, I imagine. For now, I have them on PC, PS4 and Vita. But I decided to just skip them because... well, they felt a little dated in comparison. And I didnt want to commit to 200 yrs playing them just to catch up on the story. Read the summary in Cold Steel III and it's been surprisingly adequate.

I'd still buy them if they came though. Without question.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR 2020

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic