2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

NEStalgia

Planning ahead for spending my vouchers by the end of July, assuming no new eligible games other than Paper Mario come out between now and then, I'll have to find two things I don't already have to spend them on.

Looks like my options will be:
DxM - I don't have it and haven't played it. I played the demo and it seemed kinf of "meh" but also had some positives.

TMS#FE: One of my favorite RPGs of all time. I played the heck out of it on WiiU already, though, but yet, it's like FF7, it's a game you have to rebuy every time it's reissued because it's just a happy place....but...it's also a repeat.

Bayo 2: Played it already. Bayo is bayo....and I do credit it with partly destroying the Gamepad stick....can't imagine what it does to joycon. yet I haven't overplayed it as much as TMS.

2 passes remaining after Xeno and Paper Mario take my other two. IF there's nothing new in the next month and a half to use it on, which would you guys recommend skipping of the above?

NEStalgia

JaxonH

If anything the PC release convinces me more than ever Persona may come to Switch. For the first time ever a mainline entry is releasing on a platform outside of PS. Not saying it is for sure, but the chances just got exponentially higher.

Regardless, I'm glad it's coming to PC so I can finally sell my Vita along with my other consoles. It was the last game worth holding onto it for. And PC isnt quite as good as a Switch release but it's the next best thing. With Win 2 the game will now be hybrid.

With P5 already being playable on PC, and now Persona 4 Golden and Persona 3 coming to PC, Catherine Full Body and Persona 5 Scramble on Switch... it's a whole new paradigm.

My how the tables have turned

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@Magician No, it's the exact opposite. If they're finally porting Persona to non-Sony platforms, the chances increase of a Switch port. I'd wager that statistically, a PC release of a title makes it more likely a game will come to Switch, and vice versa. Or more generally, any port outside of the initial ecosystem a game was released in makes further ports more likely.

link3710

Magician

@JaxonH @DarthNocturnal @link3710

I appreciate the optimism you each demonstrate.

But I don't share it.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
I wouldn't say its "optimism" so much as simply acknowledging the series (and Atlus games as a whole) branching out more than ever now. For the first time in the history of the series, it's no longer officially exclusively available on PS (I say officially because ya, we can play P5 on PC). I think its pretty clear that it was always a niche series few cared about and wasnt worth the effort trying to sell anywhere else. Now that it's more popular, they're finally branching out. Took longer than folks expected, but that's Atlus for you.

Even if it doesnt come to Switch specifically, eh, who cares (I mean ya, people care, but it's just not that big a deal- people put this game on a pedestal like it's the second coming of Christ for some reason, building it up to be more than it is). If it comes it comes, if it doesnt it doesnt. But at least we'll finally be able to play Persona 3, 4 and 5 all on PC, with Catherine Full Body and Persona 5 Scramble on Switch.

That's a huge win, irrespective of whether we see it on Switch specifically or not. And that's where my optimism, if I am indeed being optimistic, is stemming from. Persona 3, Persona 4 Golden, Persona 5, Persona 5 Scramble and Catherine Full Body will all be playable on either Switch or PC. Coming from complete PS exclusivity at one point, I'd say we're doing pretty well.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

I'll chime in to agree it's looking a lot more likely they'll bring at least some Persona games to Switch, now they're finally coming to PC .... While I'd probably get them on Steam, there's plenty of people who don't have PC & do have a Switch

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

I disagree that PC release increases the chance of Switch release, I think it's more like the Horizon Zero Dawn PC release. Under Sony's recent leadership, they have decided to gradually put exclusives on PC. There's rumours suggesting other Sony exclusives like Bloodborne are also coming to PC.

With Microsoft also treating PC gaming a lot better in recent years (e.g. play anywhere, lots of Xbox Game Studios games coming to Steam, Gears Tactics coming first to PC), PC really is its own bubble where games releasing on PC says nothing about the console side of things but instead is a sign of more console games coming to PC.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Except this isn’t a first party title, and Sony has nothing to do with it. More Sony exclusives are indeed likely coming to PC, but those are all first party owned titles. That’s a whole different conversation than a property not owned by Sony from a 3rd party company. Hence why Atlus is revealing it at the PC gaming show, not Sony. Because it’s Atlus’ game to reveal.

Edited on by JaxonH

redd214

You guys go back and forth over the strangest things lol.

Anyways, any US folks Ring Fit Adventure is going in and out of stock at Best Buy and Amazon right now. I ended up snagging one, keep trying and refreshing if you don't get it at first!

redd214

BruceCM

Anyone want Alex Kidd on Switch....?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

BruceCM wrote:

Anyone want Alex Kidd on Switch....?

@BruceCM - Are the Sega Ages version or the Sega Genesis Classics version not enough?

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GeeEmm

@BruceCM

Yep, I’m getting it for sure. Looks great.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

JaxonH

Not really interested in Alex Kidd. I think I’m just tired of so much retro.

Took a break from Xenoblade and Borderlands 2 (both masterpieces btw) to play some more Bioshock Remastered. SUCH a timeless classic. I am astounded at how much I’m enjoying it and despite not having Gyro, I’ve really found it to be a non-issue. 50% of the game is atmospheric exploration like Metroid prime and even when you are aiming and shooting the enemies aren’t zigzagging all over the place like in Borderlands. Plus, the analog aiming is very well done so it’s super easy to hit what you’re aiming at, not to mention when you’re using plasmids instead of guns, they really don’t need much precision anyways.

All of these games, highly recommended. Absolute must-own titles. Can’t wait to play through the entire Bioshock trilogy on Switch. I am making good progress in Xenoblade, and Borderlands 2 is on pause while I wait for my brother and co-worker to start playing so we can co-op. But Bioshock trilogy I’ll be playing off and on in between games, or whenever I need to change things up a bit. May take a long time to beat them all but, what’s the rush.

Who knows when I’ll get back to XCOM 2. And with Burnout Paradise, Trails of Cold Steel III, Catherine Full Body and Paper Mario Origami King all on deck it’s just going to get even more hectic. Granted, Burnout Paradise is not a game I’ll sink 100 hrs into. It’s more of a game you play here and there when the mood strikes. But Trails of Cold Steel III? That’s like Xenoblade Chronicles all over again.

Edited on by JaxonH

rallydefault

I'm just treading water until Origami King. I did pick up Moonlighter last week and it's a fun game to play in little bursts.

Got back into God of War on my PS4, actually. Just wasn't getting into it, but now I think I'm near the end and it's ok. I still much prefer the older games. This one is just more of that contemporary game design where the developer has to flood you with stuff to do and markers on your map and crafting/upgrading blahblahblah. Ugh. I hope we get out of that design fad soon.

I was thinking of getting Enter the Gungeon and The Messenger in the big sale, but I'm also a bit burned out on all these retro-looking indie games lol

rallydefault

Magician

@JaxonH

The July release schedule for Switch is stacked.

I'm genuinely scared about deciding what to play.

JaxonH

@Magician
Solution: Play a little bit of everything, and finish nothing! Like me 😂

You gettin‘ in on some Trails of Cold Steel III too? Catherine? Or are you more of a Burnout Paradise/Paper Mario kinda person

@rallydefault
I liked what I played of GoW. There’s nothing in particular I have to criticize about it. It was pretty awesome all around (I really loved that axe too, best part of the game). But... I did prefer the more Bayonetta-style, fast paced, flashy approach of previous games more. At one point in time, we had Bayonetta, Devil May Cry and God of War, the big three. But now, GoW has branched off into something else, leaving just Bayo and DMC. And while I do love DMC, I never thought it was as good as Bayonetta (plus the new one really put me off by monetizing movesets into MTX... the DMC reboot is the gold standard of the franchise imo, and one I hope comes to Switch at some point). At least we have Platinum Games holding down that style and genre. Bayonetta 2 was essentially flawless. I can’t wait to see what they have in store for Bayonetta 3.

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault messenger is one of the best indie games on switch in my opinion. It's up there with shovel knight.

I wasn't crazy about enter the gungeon, personally.

NintendoByNature

NotTelevision

@rallydefault I’d also recommend Hotline Miami at the current E-shop price, if you haven’t yet played it. It’s the benchmark Devolver Digital published title that Ape Out, Katana Zero, and My Friend Pedro take from. It also offers a lot of variety in how you approach the different scenarios.

NotTelevision

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic