Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,681 to 47,700 of 69,997

FragRed

@JaxonH I think for games like FF IIV we will need to wait until the Switch successor comes out, assuming Nintendo is able to create something that matches current the power of PS4 - that will heavily depend on what Nvidia has in the works. Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 should have no problem coming to the Switch as they were remasters of PS2 games.

I now understand how the development of Monster Hunter works, so it's hopefully good news that a new Switch game is in development for those who like the franchise.

I hope Square Enix continues to support the Switch going forward, though I don't see any reason why they won't judging by the output. It's really going to be a question of whether others step up their game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Just Dance must make a good amount of money for Ubisoft every year, right? How much of the sales was down to the Wii? I assume it must have reached a low point if they finally ended support for the system last year. Maybe that crowd is now on the Switch instead, or mobile? Ubisoft does seemingly want their big games to be live services going forward so we will have to see what happens. But, I think Just Dance is a sure easy money maker for Ubisoft.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I think Wii being dropped might be more to do with Nintendo shutting down the Wii Shop Channel in 2019.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Did Just Dance need the Wii eShop to function? I also didn't realise it was as late as 2019 that the Wii eShop shut down. For some reason I thought it was around the time the Switch launched.

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed March 2018 was no extra points could be added and February 2019 was can't buy anything. Just Dance didn't need the Wii Shop Channel to function.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
And even now, you can still redownload purchased software, right?

Not bad for 15 years later on a half-baked debut storefront.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

Apparently EA told investors that they are putting multiple games on Switch this year.

Its better than the past two years of evaluation.

But realistically, FIFA 19 again but Covid Legacy Edition, and Burnout.

Its two, thats multiple. Lets not get excited.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

@Haruki_NLI I guess that’s one way of batting away those yearly shareholder questions about why they aren’t putting more games on the Switch.

IceClimbers

@Haruki_NLI I suspect we'll get the first Unravel, but otherwise you're probably spot on lol

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Between FIFA, Unravel, Burnout Paradise and Crisis Remastered, I’d say that’s a respectable jump from previous years.

4 games definitely counts as multiple. Could be more to come too. Clearly there’s been a policy shift, The only question is to what extent. If they’re willing to put Crisis on Switch, I’d be shocked and amazed if we didn’t see more to come. I don’t necessarily think we’ll see more this year (though SIMs 4 and Plants vs Zombies wouldn’t surprise me) but we might. I’m pretty sure they weren’t telling us anything we didn’t already know though. We already knew we were getting multiple games from them this year.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@JaxonH Yeah, I was about to say. We already know there's a minimum of a jump from 1 to 3, and with Unravel rumored to, we likely will see at least 4. I'd expect another one in September too, since that's always the month of third party ports. Probably Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH EA's no longer publishing the Crysis franchise, Crytek is doing both development and publishing for Crysis Remastered.

So we're currently on par with previous years when looking at games outside FIFA (2018 had Fe, 2019 had Unravel 2, 2020 currently has Burnout Paradise Remastered).

So the Unravel rumour being true and FIFA 21 Legacy Edition being announced would mean the statement about more Switch games is technically true.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

HobbitGamer

FIFA Legacy CoViD Edition

• No fans or audience noises
  • Injury benching expanded to include whole clubs for isolation
  • Online multiplayer only, to encourage social distancing
  • $0.50 MTX on every software launch, because EA

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

OorWullie

Streets of Rage 4 is so damn good. As much as I loved Streets of Rage 2 back in the day, I've always been a Final Fight kinda guy. I used to play it often in the arcade so was already a fan but the day I bought the arcade perfect Final Fight for the Mega CD, an add on no one I knew owned, and played it on my own TV actually made me proud. I bragged about it often to my mates at the time and they were for sure jealous. A few of them owned an Amiga and were a bit snobby, they used to mock my Megadrive. My copy of Final Fight shut them up though.

For nearly 3 decades I've waited for a beat em up that beats it there's been a few pretenders along the way but in the end, none of them could topple it.... until now.

The feel of the characters is absolutely spot on and the extra moves add so much variety. I'm up to stage 5 and each one has been brilliant, with it's own unique theme and hazards. On normal difficulty, it offers a pretty stiff challenge. Unless your really skilled, you won't be finishing it in a hurry. Even if you do, the variety in characters and stage ranking will keep you coming back.

To those who haven't warmed to the artstyle, ( I wasn't a fan of it myself initially) you'll surely love the retro filter. It gives the graphics a Street Fighter 3 kind of look and it's looks so good. I much prefer it to the modern style, as nice as that is.

What a game!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Magician

I'm trying to keep my hopes and dreams for EA's presentation to a minimum. I'd love to see the Mass Effect trilogy and Dead Space trilogy get remastered. But that's probably too much to assume. Even Switch ports of Madden or NHL still might be too much to ask for.

Yeah, I assume EA is bringing their Android/iOS games to Switch.

The Sims Mobile, Madden NFL Overdrive, Command & Conquer: Rivals, etc.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Oh, I'm very much looking forward to EA announcing Mass Effect Trilogy Remastered, the #1 game I want from them on Switch, and then confirming it for every platform on planet earth, iOS and Stadia included, but not the Switch.

Just realized the Wonderful 101 codes being sent out tomorrow won't actually provide access to the game early... which means there's still a two week wait. Ugh.

rallydefault

I would go bonkers if they actually did a full remaster of the Mass Effect Trilogy. Like, maybe add a couple special quests here and there, flesh out some side missions, spruce up some dialogue trees, stuff like that. Nothing that changes the narratives of the games, but goes beyond just new coat of paint. Fix some of the Mako controls and tedium in the first game (that was the first game people complained about the Mako vehicle, right? don't even know if I'm spelling that right).

Even if they release one game of the Trilogy every year or so, it would be so sweet.

If it's just a straight dash of new paint, I won't buy it. Very good for the Switch to have no matter what, but wouldn't be worth my money.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

They could literally just port the 360 version in 720p and not change a thing, and I would buy Mass Effect.

Right now the PC version is broken garbage that wont work properly with a controller without some convoluted Nexus Mod which can only be obtained by signing up and all this jazz, and even then modifying install files.

Right analog doesnt turn camera, just makes hardware error beeps. Keyboard and mouse only. My brother says he got the controller mod working but after 30 minutes of hoop hopping I gave up.

And the 360 version that's BC on Xbox One doesn't have gyro, obviously. Right now the only one I'll play is Mass Effect 3 on Wii U, where it actually has gyro. Port Mass Effect, even just to Steam (but of course itll be Origin exclusive) and I'm happy.

A Switch version doesnt need anything but the games themselves. Just having them portably is enough (though I'd be cranky if they released on Switch but without gyro). But I figure they won't come to Switch anyways. Will settle for PC.

Edited on by JaxonH

Cotillion

Magician wrote:

Yeah, I assume EA is bringing their Android/iOS games to Switch.

Beyond them just bringing 2 games (which is technically 'multiple'), I think this is the most likely scenario.

Cotillion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic