Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,701 to 47,720 of 70,008

BruceCM

How about Jade Empire for Switch .... ?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

My guess is we'll get the rest of the EA published indie games. Unravel is rumoured but I'm guessing we also get A Way Out and Sea of Solitude. Maybe Apex Legends regarding other EA games as the free to play Battle Royale genre is still very popular on the Switch and Respawn don't use Frostbite engine.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

I'd soil my pants for Mass Effect Trilogy on Switch. If they also included every single player and multiplayer DLC, I'd soil your pants, too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Bioshock and Borderlands seems to be creeping up the Amazon video games chart, XCOM 2 is still very low:

Xenoblade - #36
Bioshock - #496
Borderlands - #527
XCOM 2 - #1,752

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
That's a very respectable improvement all around, even if XCOM 2 is still in 50k sales territory.

Wonder if it's correlated to ACG talking up XCOM 2 in his Upcoming May Video Games video. His channel caters toward gamers who favor these types of games, and may own a Switch but fall in and out of keeping tabs on upcoming titles. Interest seems to come and go in waves, surges of interest that pops up here and there.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

HobbitGamer wrote:

I'd soil my pants for Mass Effect Trilogy on Switch. If they also included every single player and multiplayer DLC, I'd soil your pants, too.

Awarded comment of the day 😁

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Is that international or territory specific charts. Will be interesting to see how well these all sell upon release.

Where do people get numbers for third party releases in terms of Switch sales? Is it something the publishers give at financial meetings?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
A number of ways. Some are announced by publishers (MH Gen Ult, Ultra Stret Fighter II, DB Xenoverse 2, etc) some by watching JP sales and roughly estimating global by tripling sales (often it's an even 1/3 split among JP, EU and NA, though personally I don't favor this method as NA is seeing sales 2-4x , sometimes even 10x that in JP for many games nowadays), sometimes estimating by comparing sales rankings with those of games with known sales (Skyrim compared to Xenoblade 2 over year 1, Skyrim consistently ranked a little higher so we can surmise sales at least matched Xenoblade 2), or by unique players in online leaderboards for games that automatically connect online and thus account for the vast majority, such as Trials Rising, and then as a bonus we can compare sales rankings of other games similar to Trials Rising's rankings to estimate sales numbers).

Alot of it is rough estimates but, I'd say well correlated and data-driven.

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed US, the chart stats are different on other Amazon sites like Amazon UK has these stats for the same games (except XCOM 2 as there's no physical release):

Xenoblade - #285
Bioshock - #476
Borderlands - #304

Grumblevolcano

OorWullie

PGA 2K21 was announced earlier. No platforms stated but I reckon there's a good chance it'll come to Switch. It's been too long since I played a great golf game, Tiger Woods 09 on Wii was superb.

I had no idea 2K acquired the rights to PGA.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Okay thanks, and wow Xenoblade is really low in the U.K. charts compared to the US. But we do have odd tastes over here in the games we buy.

@JaxonH Wow thanks for the detailed insight. That’s really quite interesting. Still pretty amazing work people do to figure this all out, even if it’s not necessarily accurate.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

FragRed

@OorWullie I did see the trailer earlier on Pure Xbox for that game. I always wondered why EA dropped the license - surely the Tiger Woods scandal wasn’t enough to sink the sales? I am kinda worried about 2K handling it, not that EA would be better, but how monetised will it end up being?

FragRed

@DarthNocturnal When you look at how many years EA had held that license for, to drop it after 1 game that didn't meet sales expectations... ... oh wait, this is EA - dropping games, and closing studios after a single game not meeting expectations is their "thing".

But seriously, it's not the only sport EA has struggled with. NBA is one that they every few years try and compete against 2K by releasing a new game and then disappearing afterwards.

I know nothing about NHL or Madden as they aren't things we hear about in the UK but I am surprised that golf wouldn't be bigger in terms of international sales than either NHL or Madden are. But again, I have no idea about these sports/licenses.

NintendoByNature

Finally opted to get my daughter a switch lite. Itll be the first lite in the house. Pretty excited to get my hands on it as well..got her grey only because turquoise
yellow and coral (would've been her first choice) were all sold out. On the bright side, it wont get as dirty 😉.

Side note: are there any good cases you guys would recommend? Not carrying cases, but guards almost.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed To be fair even Nintendo had dropped their big golf franchise (Mario Golf) in favour of just releasing Mario Tennis nowadays on the sports front. Hopefully in the case of no Mario Golf, Camelot is working on Golden Sun.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Wasn’t there a golf game on the 3DS? The Wii U likely never got one because it was a failure of a system.

Toy_Link

Did I miss some announcement from Nintendo not doing a Mario Golf? Because I see no reason to assume that the Switch won't get a Mario Golf in the future. Especially with the success of Aces compared to past games, I'd think Nintendo would be wanting more Mario sports games.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed 6 years ago was Mario Golf World Tour, since then we've gotten 2 Mario Tennis games.

Grumblevolcano

OorWullie

@FragRed EA gave it one more go after the Tiger Woods scandal and if I rememeber correctly, the game didn't sell too well and reviewed poorly. Rory Mcilroy's PGA Tour doesn't have quite the same ring to it. They should have just went back to the PGA Tour brand they had before, I doubt tagging a name onto the title really makes much difference. If the game is good, it'll sell.

Some of EA's sport games for Wii were superb. Grandslam Tennis and Tiger Woods 09 and 10 were close to greatness. The Motion+ controls worked brilliantly well. Imagine how good they would be now if they kept the series going and kept evolving the gameplay. Fight Night is another brilliant series they allowed to die. They went after the UFC instead.

As for PGA 2K21, the last golf game its developer made 'The Golf Club 2019' reviewed really well and that was published by 2K too so hopefully they won't mess it up this time.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Tyranexx

HobbitGamer wrote:

Where do I drop off an old pair of my pants to fulfill this request?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic