Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 47,661 to 47,680 of 69,981

Grumblevolcano

I think Burnout Paradise Remastered may have a different soundtrack for the Switch version. Back in the Game by Airbourne (the Switch trailer song) isn't in the original game (didn't exist when the original game came out) or the remaster for other platforms. Also the trailer for other platforms used Paradise City.

The last gen versions of Crazy Taxi come to mind.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Wonderful 101 Remastered is now on the eshop for preorder. As implied by the free Steam codes for backers, the digital release date is unchanged.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

I preordered digital + physical so I'm waiting on the digital code.

But I'll gladly take the free Steam code. Wanted a Steam version anyways.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tyranexx

I think I'll end up giving my Steam code away to someone. Playing TW101:R on my laptop won't be ideal, plus I'm not keen on getting a Steam account right now. I'm not fussed about playing it as soon as it releases. Not much different from my usual pattern of picking up games. XD

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Grumblevolcano

I honestly thought Nintendo would've promoted the May/June lineup more. Xenoblade promotion has been limited outside the Japan accounts, 51 Clubhouse Games has gotten a bit here and there meanwhile the 3rd party stuff has gotten an XCOM 2 trailer and a Burnout Paradise Remastered trailer.

The promo is still pretty much just Animal Crossing.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

Nintendo’s in hibernation mode right now. El snoozo gamo.

I’m starting to think we won’t hear anything all the way up through Club House Games, then they’ll announce a Bravely Default II release date to skate through summer, and only then, in August or September, will we finally see some news.

Just give me my Wonderful 101 code this Thursday and that’ll shut me up until the May 29th onslaught.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I think we'll get a Pokemon Direct focused on the expansion pass and Smash DLC video like the Joker one last year for the ARMS character in June but apart from that I think you're spot on. Animal Crossing focus throughout the year, Bravely Default II release date announcement soon after 51 Clubhouse Games launch to have a Nintendo published game with a release date. Then normal early September Direct.

Grumblevolcano

roy130390

@Tyranexx I enjoyed Steam for a while, but there's something about gaming on computers that just isn't as enjoyable as playing on console for me, even with controllers.

Fortunately unlike most of you, my Switch is quite recent and I'm enjoying all the titles that got my attention and I couldn't have because I lacked the console, so I don't worry much about a Direct happening or the content of it (unless it's Metroid related which I doubt). It would be great to get more pleasant surprises though. Right now I'm having a blast with New Horizons since I never gave an opportunity to Animal Crossing in the past.

Edited on by roy130390

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

Tyranexx

@roy130390 My main issue with Steam will be the temptation to pick up all the games on sale; I've read/heard sales are quite often, and I'm trying to work on downsizing my backlog lol. The best prevention method I've found is to not even open an account at all.

I'm set on the Switch front too. I stockpiled a few games (mostly sales, gifts, and a couple of preorders) before finally getting the console itself this past holiday season. Some are major timesinks as well, so I'm definitely not hurting on games to play for awhile.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Ralizah

I always have a large number of games in progress in addition to a huge backlog of unplayed games. If I had an ounce of self-control, I wouldn't be worried at all about new releases for the next few years. But I like getting swept up in the excitement of new releases as much as anyone else.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Wonderful 101 will last until Xenoblade Chronicles, XCOM 2, Borderlands Legendary and Bioshock Collections, and Club House Games, which will last until Burnout Paradise, Trails of Cold Steel 3 (and Catherine Full Body).

But they really do need to sort out what’s happening after Club House. I grow tired of waiting. Goodness, it’s the perfect time to throw out some of those [presumably] held back releases like Pikmin 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy. If this isn’t a rainy day Idk what is.

Grumblevolcano

Later this week will probably reveal a lot as it's the fiscal year results. Either in the specific sense (e.g. replacement to E3 Direct is on [insert date]) or in the "silence is deafening" sense.

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

Finished trials of mana tonight. I absolutely loved it and highly recommend to anyone into arpg's.. once you get a hang of the combat, you start crushing enemies. It was so satisfying, as long as you get use to the dodge Button. My favorite game of 2020 so far along with animal crossing. Go check it out if you haven't yet 😊

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

They'll probably reveal a lot........by saying nothing?

Well if that counts as revealing, Nintendo has been a borderline stripper for the last 6 months.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

FragRed

@JaxonH Nintendo has had plenty of time to make that announcement, and I assume they knew while producing the Mini Direct back in March that there was going to be no Direct in June (assuming the rumours are true), so the lack of anything being specifically revealed at that time or shortly afterwards make me feel like perhaps nothing was planned and that it’ll be up to indie support and what ever third party support the Switch gets, to fill in the first party gap. They do still have Bravely Default 2, Deadly Premonition 2 and No More Heroes 3.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@Dezzy Silence can be interpreted as 2 main outcomes. Either there's big announcements and they're being held back for some reason (e.g. 2019 was thought to be a barren year until the February 2019 Direct happened) or the silence is because there's nothing.

If even in the face of Nintendo's investors there's silence, it's much more likely to be the nothing outcome and would corroborate with the rumours that there's no Direct in June.

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

@FragRed
Not really excited for Deadly Premonition 2. In fact it looks pretty awful imo. Well, graphically anyways. But the first was loved by quite a few so who knows, maybe itll turn out to be another cult classic.

As someone who largely skipped the PS3/360 era (aside from Metal Gear Solid 4, DKC Returns, Metroid Prime 3 and Zelda Twilight Princess) and has voluntarily skipped most PS4/X1 games banking on them inevitably landing on Switch, and generally having not played many games I do own, most of the 3rd party lineup is brand new for me. So I'm perfectly content in 3rd party ports right not. In fact, they're often more exciting than 1st party announcements.

So I'd be ok with that. Nintendo could not release another game all year, but if we got some quality 3rd party games announced I'd be set. That's why I'm so excited for the next 2 months or so, because theres so many quality 3rd party games releasing.

I really am craving a new handheld Monster Hunter though. We know the Generations Ultimate team is working on something, but it's starting to feel like it'll release late in Switch's lifespan, similar to how World released late in 8th gen lifespan. Gone are the days of a new MH every other year 🙁

If Mass Effect Trilogy made the jump though, with gyro... that would do it. If EA wants redemption this needs to happen.

FragRed

@JaxonH Was it confirmed they were working on a Switch game in the Monster Hunter franchise? I assumed the team that did Generations were behind the PS4/Xbox One game, but then I don't really follow the franchise. I just recognise it's crazy popular especially in Japan. It's Capcom though and they haven't been great at showing the Switch much love even though there are a lot of games they could port.

It is somewhat reassuring that Square Enix are creating games for the Switch, and to be fair to Ubisoft, they are putting more effort into supporting the system than most other western publishers. I expect to hear something else from them this year, that we don't currently know is coming and which isn't Just Dance. After the success of Mario + Rabbids I am sure they have something else exclusive in the works.

You would think EA would have wised up to the fact there's clearly easy money on the table given the success of the Switch and the success other third parties are seeing on the system. Yet, they have happily just ignored it with the odd exception. I am interested in Burnout Paradise though.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
There's two teams. The team that did MH4U went on to make World. The team that made Generations and MH Gen Ult went on to make "MH Next" as it's coded. They hinted with a tease picture with letters spelling out N-E-X-T. Which was not unprecedented as they did something similar for their previous MH game before it was announced.

We only assume it's the new Switch entry since Capcom said they wanted to continue the franchise on Switch, and sales on handhelds speak for themselves (4-5 million per entry on one platform both for original and ultimate versions, which, despite the massive one time surge in sales for World, actually still exceeds the sales of Iceborn (World Ultimate) which is only 5m across 3 platforms and much more in line with sales of games pre-World (meaning they see and understand a Switch release would likely be just as if not more profitable). Everyone assumes they're basically handling the next portable entry, while I imagine the World team is moving on and doing something for next gen consoles.

Square Enix has done well. They still need to being Kingdom Hearts over, and we'll see if they can get Final Fantasy 7 running after it releases on other consoles next March (not getting my hopes up, but it's on a better engine than FFXV and not open world). Aside from that, they've done an A-tier job. Especially with Bravely Default 2 which looks and feels much higher budget than precious entries.

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed It'll be interesting to see if there is a Just Dance game this year. With Just Dance 2020 being the last Wii game, Ubisoft may just focus more on the subscription service (Just Dance Unlimited) instead of yearly retail releases.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic