Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,821 to 46,840 of 69,969

Grumblevolcano

@Heavyarms55 Maybe because 2019 onwards has been handheld focused, mostly franchises whose last console game was over 10 years ago. Like Three Houses was the first Fire Emblem game that could be played on a TV since 2008's Radiant Dawn.

Meanwhile the special edition pro controllers have all been for TV focused franchises (Splatoon always had TV as an option, Xenoblade was TV except a 3DS port of the Wii game, Smash was TV except the 3DS version). I'd imagine the next special edition pro controller will be BotW 2 or Metroid Prime 4.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano Hmm I suppose but then, we could have gotten themed Switch Lites or joycons for those franchises and we didn't. FE Awakening and Luigi's Mansion both had special 3DS units.

Animal Crossing is getting a Switch, which is nice, and Pokemon got a Lite... which is... I LOVE Sw/Sh, but I really don't like the colors used for the special Pokemon Lite.

And even setting special editions aside, when was the last new color joycons we've gotten? Almost a year ago? And there still is only the basic black Switch pro controller for standard colors.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

HobbitGamer

@Heavyarms55 The paint swatches team is under self-quarantine, maybe.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@Heavyarms55 Possibly because of the whole save data backup mess. People are less likely to want a Switch Lite as a second system if they can't easily access their save files for Splatoon 2, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, etc. between the 2 systems.

I'd imagine the Animal Crossing Switch launches a week early so you can do the full transfer from your old Switch to the new one before you start Animal Crossing hence not having to deal with Animal Crossing's transfer problems.

The 3DS save data situation was less problematic.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Ugh, I had forgotten about the one island console deal. I suppose I’ll play New Horizons on the OG. I wonder if the save file size is huge or something?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I think the vast majority of people don’t know about that, don’t care, don’t own those select games in question, or do but have moved on from playing them.

It’s a big pond with lots of fish. When 99% of your library can easily be accessed back-and-forth, I don’t really think a small handful of games is going to change the incentive for most people. Especially considering many second systems are purchased to provide individual systems in a household vs sharing.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@Grumblevolcano @JaxonH and none of the save data issues relate to any explanation for why we haven't gotten any more special edition or even just different color pro controllers since the Smash one.

Though if I am honest, I really reeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't need any more controllers for my Switch, I have 4 pro, 4 sets of joycon and 2 8Bitdo controllers. XD

But if they had dropped a FE3H one or an ACNH one or a Pokemon SwSh (of course with colors and designs I like) then I'd have bought all 3. Because self control? Financial responsibility? I'm a millennial, we don't do those things.

MsJubilee

I have to say for the past few; weeks I was enjoying God Wars. But this difficulty spike in chapter 3 is brutal! Unfair at most times. Every fight is the same BS, and it's getting annoying, I'm going to quit this game. I like difficulty, but this is outrageous. I expected NIS to fix these balancing issues with this rerelease, But I was wrong.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Buizel

Glad I'm not the only one longing for a new Pro Controller design. I will admit I was enamoured of the joycon for the first year of the Switch's life...and while they are still great, I find the Pro Controller to be functionally and aesthetically the best controller Nintendo have ever made. I've currently got the Splatoon, Xenoblade, and Smash editions and I'd love a fourth one to round off the collection. I would've loved a Luigi's Mansion 3 one...especially had they gone for some sort of glow-in-the-dark casing. A Xenoblade 1 controller seems reasonable considering that the Wii game was one of the few to have its own controller.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

NintendoByNature

Just checked out upcoming games on the eshop and it looks like ittle dew 2 is being relisted next week. I think it was taken down last year? It's a great game if anyone missed it thats clearly inspired by top down 2d zeldas.

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature Good to hear it. I already have the physical copy, but glad to know NIcalis' iron grip on the game has finally been broken.

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 for sure . That physical is really nice with the map and CD. One of the better physicals I've had.

NintendoByNature

Heavyarms55

@Buizel I had to google that. I had no idea about that Xenoblade controller for Wii. I bet it's one of the rarest Wii controllers around at this point.

IceClimbers

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag plays really well on Switch. Bit of a battery drainer though.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Buizel

@Heavyarms55 I think it was reasonably common to buy it bundled with the controller - at least in the UK.

That said - how many actually bought Xenoblade on its initial release?

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Grumblevolcano

Decided to go back to Daemon X Machina as my next backlog title (finished the prologue demo in September, got the full game in December but hadn't returned to it yet).

Continuing DQXIS will be my "Direct is here but Smash Challenger Pack 6 is the only thing announced for release between its airing date and Wonderful 101 Remastered" backlog title.

Grumblevolcano

SKTTR

I bought all 4 Xenoblade games at launch. Why? I enjoyed playing the game with the red Classic Controller Pro that came with it.
It was just as nice as the golden WiimotePlus that came with Skyward Sword.
And man, those editions were cheap, like the controllers were just +10€ on the basic game.
Same for all the other controller/hardware bundles that came out back then (Wii Play, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Party, FlingSmash, Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City, Wii Play Motion, or even the Gamecube games that came with special controllers like Dancing Stage Mario Mix, Donkey Konga, Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat, Odama, Mario Party 6).

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

darkfenrir

Was trying to finish DQXIS so I have no more games in my backlog then a boss in Arc 2 just killed me because of the constant beguiling / charming thing and my god that just grinds my gear so much :V (+ MP drain almost constantly)

I always hate bosses that kills you not because you can't handle it but because you can't heal before fighting them, and that they keep making you skip turn

darkfenrir

Cubs017

I wonder if we will see any big sales on the eShop next week. As terrible as it is, a lot of people and kids are going to be stuck inside for the next few weeks. Now would be a great time for developers to capitalize with some sales...

Cubs017

gcunit

@Cubs017 Nah man, now's the time to crank the prices up and squeeze us cos we've got no alternative 😈

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic