Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,781 to 46,800 of 69,981

link3710

@JaxonH It's not like there won't be games that target next-gen, we already know Elder Scrolls VI and Beyond Good and Evil 2, for example, are targeting next-gen from the get-go. But if titles that don't need next-gen power are going to be stagger released like that, then I think that's not much to worry about. As the power of systems ever increases, it becomes more and more possible to do what you want without maxing out a system's capabilities after all.

link3710

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
I'm split on DLC. If it's done right it can extend the life of the game by adding fresh new characters, items and story (if the price is right it don't hurt either). On the other hand of the game is so dependent on dlc just to have a decent game, or is massively overpriced (say equal of not more than the main game) then it really turns people off. I'll give a good example of each, Good: Smash Ultimate, Bad: Power Rangers BFTG. Smash easily has a large base roster of around 50 give or take. Lots of modes including a story mode and multiplayer. Even now I've not done everything I'm the game! As far as Power Rangers goes though it only has 12 characters with 6 more as DLC in a 3v3 fighting game. That's a lot of fighting the same characters over and over with slightly altered teams! With over 20 years of content this should've rivaled Smash as far as characters go.

Personally I'd rather they ditch the dlc model or rework it a little. Maybe have content unlockable in game but if you are impatient or can't complete the necessary requirements to unlock you can then buy to unlock.

GameOtaku

wyzau

How would you rate Pokemon Mystery Dungeon compared to Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon? Which one is better?

Edited on by wyzau

wyzau

Anti-Matter

wyzau wrote:

How would you rate Pokemon Mystery Dungeon compared to Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon? Which one is better?

My impression:
Chocobo Dungeon >>> Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Anti-Matter

Bmartin001

@Anti-Matter this looks like a fun 3d platformer might have to check this out when it comes out..

Nintendo Switch Freind Code: SW-0713-2551-1043

link3710

@scubydo
The bottom of the sidebar has an up to date list of upcoming releases.
https://old.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/

All notable upcoming releases with dates:
Mar 10: Langrisser 1&2
Mar 17: RBI Baseball 10, La Mulana 1&2
Mar 20: Doom 64, Animal Crossing: New Horizons,
Mar 27: Saint's Row IV
April 24: Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 4, Trials of Mana
May 19 (NA) / May 22 (PAL): The Wonderful 101

Edited on by link3710

link3710

link3710

@IceClimbers That's highly unexpected. I thought we might see an existing mod or two available (pretty sure there's a notable fan mod for Doom 64) like with the first two, but a new chapter...?

link3710

JaxonH

Think this is reasonably up to date, at least.

March
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX (3/6)
Langrisser Collection (3/10)
My Hero: One’s Justice 2 (3/13)
Fairy Tale (3/19)
Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III (3/19)
Animal Crossing New Horizons (3/20)
DOOM 64 (3/20)
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4 (3/27)
Saint’s Row 4 (3/27)
RPG Maker MV (3/30)
Zombie Army Trilogy (3/31)
April
Trials of Mana (4/24)
Bubble Bobble (4/28)
May
The Wonderful 101 (5/19)

Notably Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III and Animal Crossing for March. Trials of Mana for April. Wonderful 101 for May. Hopefully Xenoblade Chronicles Remake or Pikmin 3 for June. And for anyone with a PC, Ori and the Will of the Wisps this Wednesday (still need to finish Blind Forest though, still it’s exciting).

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH DOOM 64 is March 20th, only Eternal got delayed later on Switch compared to the other platforms.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Right on. Updated.

DOOM Eternal on PC 4K 60 Ultra, a killer port of DOOM 64 on Switch with gyro and new content, Animal Crossing, and Trails of Cold Steel III on a hybrid system all within 24 hrs of each other.

That’ll make for a nice weekend.

And then get to relive part of that excitement when DOOM Eternal drops on Switch later (along with Outer Worlds, which I also held off on from Epic Store... will grab on a Steam sale now, probably around the time Switch version drops).

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

I'll be finishing up my backlog and current games for switch pretty soon here. Should have just enough time to dip into something newer in early April before trials of mana

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@scubydo @Ryu_Niiyama
I haven’t been keeping up with all the delays, evidently.

Trails of Cold Steel 3 releases March 24th on PC, and just got a demo along with a Japanese Switch demo, just today I think. Which is odd if they’re releasing it later. Especially when they revealed it first, for Switch, in the West.

Word is, Switch demo is great too. A noticeable upgrade from YS VIII in handheld mode (which I thought looked fine in handheld, tbh).

Edited on by JaxonH

Magician

@JaxonH - RPG Maker MV was quietly pushed back to June 30th. It'll probably fail to make that date as well.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic