Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 46,441 to 46,460 of 69,962

link3710

Mhm, this is why id get a Switch revision if it had more power. Almost certainly better battery life than my OG, and something like Bluetooth headphone support or better internal storage (at least 128gb) would be enough perks to make it worth it for me.

link3710

JaxonH

I think most of us would be down for a revision. Mostly for the power increase though.

Bluetooth headphone support is nice but honestly, you can already do that with an adapter. And once I discovered how horrible Bluetooth headphones are with lag, I started to wonder why anyone wants to use headphones with Bluetooth in the first place, unless it’s the Arctic 3 Wireless + Bluetooth, in order to connect to the switch via headphone jack and your phone via Bluetooth, and mix the audio. But even then it’s really just so you can connect to your phone with them, not the switch. Arctis 1 Wireless is my new headset, and it comes with its own dongle with no noticeable latency at all. You really need a headset that comes with a dedicated dongle if you don’t want to deal with the Bluetooth lag (which can be considerable).

I’d definitely take more storage but, even a jump to 128g is pocket change with a micro SD. $10 for a 128gb nowadays. It’s crazy cheap.

So really, it all just comes down to power. I’m actually pretty happy with where Switch is at right now though. I don’t feel super thirsty for an upgrade at the moment. I’d totally take one and would definitely pre-order, but I just don’t feel the thirst like some do. Think most games on the switch look good enough. There are some exceptions to that but, I think I’d be OK if the next jump we saw was the Switch 2 in 2024.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Metroid 4 is still in development.
Just wait until Nintendo officially announce the game.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@Ninfan
I know what everyone else knows.

The game was rebooted with Retro Studios taking the helm about 14 months ago. They’ve since hired quite a bit of new talent.

The Prime Trilogy is all but confirmed by practically every insider known to man, but was curiously held back despite being ready. Most speculate this was to time its release closer to that of Prime 4, and since Prime 4 was delayed... so was the trilogy. Or so goes the theory anyways.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

It's always weird to me when people complain about the lack of big PS4 games that end up on Nintendo.

I've brought this up a lot, but I feel like people don't...fully understand what has happened in big budget gaming since Nintendo abandoned current gen graphics with the Wii? There are not like 100s of major games from major publishers coming out every year. These companies often focus on an increasingly tiny selection of massive games to monetize for as long as they can, with only sports games and COD continuing annual releases. Also some hit or miss mobile games.

The reality is that not only are a lot of the interesting stuff in gaming NOT big budget games that need PS4 power, but so are a lot of the popular games. Ubisoft, Activision and EA are the tiniest segment of gaming nowadays, regardless of the popularity (or occasionally quality) of some of their games. And as someone who had a 360 and played quite a bit on it, I feel like I haven't missed out on remotely as much as I would've expected. Bioware put out disappointing games(YMMV on Dragon Age 3), Bethesda tanked their reputation (and put their best published game of this gen on Switch), Ubisoft did some cool things but over-relied on their formula from Assassin's Creed, which I was kinda done with by 4. Bioshock vanished, Rockstar released ONE GAME. A lot of what I loved from that gen vanished and was seemingly replaced with worse things I don't want (which to be fair, happened last time as well).

For me, I'll never be able to play half of the cool games on Switch I want to, so I don't get people who in 2020 think the same few publishers are making all these cool games you're missing out on. They're not. And that's true of nearly every genre.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TuVictus

Ordered customs shells for the pro controllers and am Sooo happy with how they've turned out. They're gorgeous, and replacing the buttons is really refreshing since the originals were worn down a bit

TuVictus

JaxonH

There’s some truth to that.

The list of games I actually buy on PC that aren’t on Switch or coming to Switch... is a lot smaller than one might expect. That’s not to say there aren’t some great games it misses out on but, it’s just not as many as you would think. Of course that can largely be attributed to the upward trend in support we’ve seen these past two years.

Most of the big modern AAA games don’t interest me. And of the ones that do, at least a portion of them make their way to Switch it seems.

I’d say about 80% of the games I’m interested in come to Switch, and at least 15% of the ones that don’t land on PC, one way or another. Which means I can play the vast majority of games I’m interested in on Switch or PC, with only the occasional outlier not releasing on either. One thing I’ve noticed with PC and Switch though, is you just have to be patient. There’s a lot of games that make their way to these systems, just not on day one.

IceClimbers

Yup the big AAA game that I'm looking forward to this year (Doom Eternal) just so happens to be coming to Switch. The other two are PS4 exclusive anyways.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

IceClimbers

I finished Luigi's Mansion 3 today. 10/10, one of my favorite Switch games and a must own imo.

Now I'm playing Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. The soundtrack is soooooo good. Expected nothing less from Grant Kirkhope and David Wise.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@JaxonH You actually pointed out exactly why I want it. While I do have an adapter, I'm hoping that if the Switch uses the built-in bluetooth with proper audio passthrough (there's no reason it can't run in an exclusive audio mode afaik), then we could see gigantic reduction in latency, approaching nearly the same latency as a direct connection. I mean, I assume at least, based on how bluetooth audio works on the windows OS and the fact that we're using an external bluetooth fob.

As for AAA games, yeah... Doom + Doom Eternal were big for me this gen, Persona 5, Spiderman, Control, God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Nier: Automata, RDR2, Shadow of the Colossus Remake, Witcher 3, Devil May Cry 5, Crash/Spyro trilogies, MH: World and DragonBall FighterZ. Those were the games that made me sit up and actually consider getting them (probably missed one or two but...) And if you take Sony's games off the list, we only have a tiny list (Control, Nier, DMC5, MH: World and Persona 6) that haven't come to Switch as well.

@IceClimbers Luigi's Mansion 3 was an incredible game and deserves all the praise.

link3710

SaszaPL

I see the case a bit different.
If one is playing a lot of games, like really A LOT, than should definitely get a Switch, just for the exclusive titles that are published for this platform.
If you do not play that much of games, but just occasionally - I think it is more important when, with whom and how you want to play. Switch does have it's strong features that defends it pretty well and will be difficult to be replaced by another one (i.e. if you wish to play on a train, while travelling to work). Would you miss on any games? Maybe, but to be honest, do you play that much that you will "notice" those misses?

I find myself checking on some titles and after some time I simply forget that there were such games - there is so many new ones, and the queue of bought-and-not-yet-played, plus the games I have on my watch list... that is triple the time I have to spend playing...

SaszaPL

OorWullie

I only own a Switch but I don't feel like I'm missing out on too much. The 3 games I most wanted to come, Doom, The Witcher 3 and Rocket League, I got and all have lived up to expectations. Others that interested me, Inside Layers of Fear, Dragon Quest XI and Alien Isolation have also released, although I've yet to play the latter 2. Nier Automata would be great to have and I have some hope that it will be announced, perhaps next week? Red Dead Redemption 2, Yakuza 6, GTA 5, The Witness and Resident Evil 7 / RE2 Remake I would also love to play but other than that I'm not too fussed about what the Switch doesn't have.

I've watched my nephew play Spiderman and wasn't too taken by it. I've played the opening 3 or 4 hours of God of War on a mate's PS4 a few month ago and didn't think too much of it. It's clearly a good game and in the unlikely scenario that it ever comes to Switch, I'll buy it and likely enjoy it but it didn't seem anything special to me. I also had a go at Horizon Zero Dawn and was of the same opinion. Uncharted and The Last of Us seem too cinematic for my tastes but again I'd probably enjoy them. Would I trade them for Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2,Luigi's Mansion 3,MK8D, Astral Chain and soon Xenoblade Chronicles HD, Bayonetta 3,Breath of the Wild 2,Metroid Prime 4.....though? Not a chance! If I did own a PS4 instead of Switch, not having those games would bother me.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

Honestly it's been so long since Prime 4 and SMTV info that I've been treating them as vaporware until more news comes for awhile now. Bayonetta 3 is the only 1 of the 2017 trio I believe will happen for certain.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

I don't miss a thing on this year.
I don't even need or care for something called AAA games.
I don't care if the games labeled AAA or not, as long i saw something cartoonish / cute / interesting & still appropriate, i will pay attention to those games.
While waiting for upcoming games, i can digging for more never knew before casual games from previous gen.
So far, i have discovered some unusual games that some of them got my attention.

Anti-Matter

gcunit

I'm hoping that the hybrid is here to stay and that the bigger multiplat games Switch currently misses out on will come to the Switch successor.

I kinda need to remind myself of that potential because I found myself recently buying Kingdom Hearts 3 (and 1&2 again!) for PS4 recently. It's unlikely that I'll get round to playing them much in the next couple of years and they would seem like a good bet for a port to Switch or Switch2 sooner or later.

But yeah, I won't be buying a PS5 or XSX for a good few years I reckon (if at all) so from 2021 it will be hybrid-or-die for any games wanting me to open my wallet.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ralizah

I won't buy a Switch successor if it's not either a portable or hybrid device. There's no stuffing this genie back in the bottle.

I want to say that sales data makes the hunger for a hybrid device obvious, but this is Nintendo we're talking about, so I really have no idea what they're ultimately taking away from the success of the Switch.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
I found from playasia there will be Kingdom Hearts:All in One Package

Untitled

The KINGDOM HEARTS All-in-One Package includes:

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX

• Kingdom Hearts Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days (HD Remastered cinematics)
  • Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:coded (HD Remastered cinematics)

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

• Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep –A fragmentary passage–
  • Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover (movie)

Kingdom Hearts III (does not include “Re Mind” downloadable content)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Interesting, thanks. Let me know when you see the Switch version on there

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

toiletduck

I totally missed Sonic 2 dropping in the eShop. It was announced over a year ago but then it became silent. Wasn't there any drum roll anticipating it?

For the people who picked it up already: any good?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic