Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,861 to 44,880 of 69,964

GameOtaku

@JaxonH
The frequency of releases could be because of sheer laziness or to help promote shovelware games on the eshop. All modern consoles are essentially PCs anyway. The way nso games are set up its all on one emulator and they ARE just dumping ROMs on the service.

GameOtaku

link3710

@Cotillion Nintendo does full testing on each ROM to make sure that there's no emulator induced buginess before release (or at least they used to on VC, dunno about NSO), that's where the per game part comes from.

@GameOtaku You do realize that Switch is an ARM device, not anything like a PC over on X64 (like XB1 and PS4). It's the only one that's not a rebranded PC on a different OS.

link3710

GameOtaku

@link3710
It's more akin to a PC just like the others. It does way more than gaming which used to be the only thing a game console was for.

I remember beating Ninja Gaiden on VC and in the following cutscene the temple didn't collapse like it did on my nes. So what was that about extensive testing? When I buy a used game I can tell usually in the first few minutes if a game is working or not.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Eel

The 8bitdo lite has a firmware update that adds the option of swapping roles between the left "joystick" dpad and the joycon-style dpad buttons. (The directional buttons become the "joystick")

And it's... Interesting...? I guess it could work well if you want to play a game that uses the dpad for movement and don't want to use the buttons.

Or you really rrreeeeaaallly like those buttons and always wanted to use them as the main movement option.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

@GameOtaku Does Ninja Gaiden have multiple endings, or is it a different region version than the one on your NES?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

https://nintendoeverything.com/capcom-to-release-devil-may-cr...

Probably won't release in the West i take it?

Unless the digital version sold incredibly well, there probably won't be a physical release outside of Japan.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Haruki_NLI

@Magician And if there is a physical release outside of Japan, it'll be US only.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Magician

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

@Magician And if there is a physical release outside of Japan, it'll be US only.

Yeah, Capcom has zero love for EU territories. Conversely, Bandai Namco loves EU. Physical releases for Story of Seasons, Sword Art Online, Little Nightmares, etc. Murican physical collectors who don't import games are missing out on quite a few great games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

DenDen

@Magician Capcom only loves money and apperently they dont make much in europe

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

GameOtaku

@DarthNocturnal
No just the animation messed up. It shows the explosions and pieces falling away but the main graphic of the temple still stands. It's hard to explain its like you see it happening but it's like you have a second picture behind.

GameOtaku

WoomyNNYes

So, Trover Saves the Universe is releasing. Where do you look to see if game has a physical release planned?

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

IceClimbers

The first two Banner Saga games are $5 each. I don't think I've ever seen those on sale on the eShop.

Grabbed Jedi Outcast and gonna grab Ori. Not sure beyond that as I've got about $12 in points that I can use.

Disappointed in the Diablo discount though

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

Now i have some decisions to make. Only 2 games I wanted to go on sale didn't end up being on sale (re 5 and 6). My 3 games im eyeing but really want to narrow it down to 2 are doom (2016), devil may cry, and South park stick of truth. Is doom one of those games you should just go physical on? Or because of required downloads it really doesn't matter? I'll be grabbing AC3 on sale physical too for $15

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

@NintendoByNature Doom is worth it but you might be able to find a physical copy cheaper, plus you get to save the space used by the base game on your SD card.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

These sales have been great. Only problem is I havent even hit a store yet to do some more damage šŸ˜…. Grabbed South park Stick of Truth, Devil May Cry and finally gato roboto using gold coins.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

I think I'm finally gonna get Cuphead. It's only 5 bucks off, but still, it's only 20 to begin with lol

In stores, I think I'm gonna pick up Witcher III.

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic