Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,781 to 44,800 of 69,981

GameOtaku

@KryptoniteKrunch
But compounded year after year in 5 years that's $100 and in that time of the games you'd play on the service you would've been better off to pick out what games you actually play and purchase.

In fact the nso Classic games should've been there own thing and vc for everyone else.

GameOtaku

Magician

@GameOtaku - No doubt, I prefer VC as well. But that ship has sailed. Nintendo doesn't support that business model anymore. Every platform holder and publisher loves the subscription model these days.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

GameOtaku

@Magician
It's so restrictive though. In a lot of communities (like me in rural areas) you cannot access the biggest features of the service (online play, cloud backup). Given the fact we have a account system now irks me even more since I own 80 or so vc games on my OG 3ds yet I'd have to pay a fee to rent games I own and both systems are on the same account.

If going digital is so much better than hoarding plastic boxes and carts/discs then it should be more convenient than it is! I supported vc by purchasing games on the service. I even bought compilations of games that I already bought as well. But frankly there's a point where I say "I'm not buying X game again". Just think if they combined the vc libraries of Wii, a Wiiu and 3ds and put it on switch and had it setup with future iterations in mind! You'd never lose access to them. You'd have your own customized collection for years to come. The sooner people realize that sub services are a scam the better! Just to watch tv you have to pay a huge sub fee (unless like me antenna) and even then you are restricted to what channels they offer. To watch anime you'd easily be out several hundred dollars in subs just to watch what you want in a season (Hulu, Netflix, crunchyroll, hidive, Amazon prime etc). It's ridiculous. I paid $60 and I've got 3 seasons of my hero academia in one set! See how much I saved?! I got DVD/bluray and digital all in one for $60!

GameOtaku

Grumblevolcano

@GameOtaku I think the absence of Sonic 3 & Knuckles in recent collections may have something to do with the rumours about its music. If the rumours are true, that is more than enough to want to avoid putting Sonic 3 & Knuckles in collections.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

@Knuckles-Fajita just saw the email. I’ll be getting it too.

Thanks Nintendo

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

rallydefault

NSO is worth it, and I was one of the most anti-NSO people leading up to it. It's just kind of... I don't know, gotta accept reality? If you wanna play online on a console, ya gotta pony up for whatever that company's online service is. That's just the name of the game these days.

The free games and whatever are nice, regardless of company. The cloud saves, fine. Wasn't a deal maker or breaker for me. It just comes down to the online gaming, and so, in that regard, NSO is the cheapest of the bunch so I'm not gonna complain. I get choppy Mario Tennis and Smash matches every now and then, but I'm not gonna take my ball and go home over it.

rallydefault

JaxonH

Civilization VI expansions are out! Rise and Fall, and Gathering Storm (as well as the new update with hotseat multiplayer).

Downloading now, and just preloaded Alien Isolation. I wish preload for Assassin’s Creed Rebel Collection would hurry up and go live so I can get it ready for release day. Call of Juarez is digital in the box, so that can be had for $15 with the GCU discount and BBCC.

All 4 games (2 in 1 for AC) have gyro and some combination of touch support and HD rumble. And pretty sure all will be 1080p docked / 720p handheld, or close to. That’s how you do Switch ports. Add the gyro, make it crisp. Get out a stopwatch and time how fast I crack the wallet.

Feral Interactive does it again

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NintendoByNature

Not sure if this is a new thing or not but im at a Wal-Mart in Wisconsin and i saw a family pack single cart of Mario and rabbids and starlink for $30. Considering black Friday had Mario and rabbids for $15 this is a good deal. I've never seen it in Chicago so that's why im bringing it up

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Whereat in Wisconsin? I’m in Watertown (halfway between Madison and Milwaukee, 6 miles north off I94) , and work in Madison.

You’re saying both games were on a single cart? Cause even Starlink wasn’t all on the cartridge for its solo release...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Is the transfer from demo to full game automatic for Daemon X Machina and DQXIS? I've finished Fire Emblem Three Houses (picked Golden Deer route and it's my 2nd favourite game this year so far, 1st is Astral Chain) so I'm going to be making some purchases during Black Friday week.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH lake Geneva Wal-Mart. It definitely appears that way. I didn't see download code anywhere on the box. But don't take my word for it, I'd research to be sure. I was just in Madison two weeks ago btw

Edit: it said Wal-Mart exclusive too

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Yes. When you create a new game it will ask if you want to use your save data from the demo.

Also, my top 2 as well (I think). Except probably in reverse. Fire Emblem, then Astral Chain, and then Trials Rising (that game is fire through and through). But Dragon Quest Builders 2, Dragon Quest XI S, The Witcher 3, Divinity Original Sin II, Tales of Vesperia, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Ni No Kuni, Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order, Mario Maker 2, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Zelda Link’s Awakening, even Pokemon... and once I play it, I imagine the Civ VI expansions will be up there with MH World Iceborn as well for top DLC.

Oh and Ori and the Blind Forest! One of my fave games of all time. How could I forget that one. Oh, and Cuphead, and Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, and Yooka Laylee Impossible Lair... so many great games in 2019.

All are highly viable contenders, even if not the best games I played all year. They are definitely among the best. So many great games this year I’ve played. Even the ones most have forgotten such as Dragon’s Dogma, Resident Evil 5/6 (the gyro is just... muah!), or ones I liked but didn’t love such as RE2 Remake- no gyro puts it on par with the RE4 release for me... which is not in my list of top contenders, also DMC5 and NSMBU. And Sniper Elite III deserves a mention with its excellent port and gyro, and of course Alien Isolation and Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassins Creed Rogue will surely earn a mention with their gyro.

I’m even compelled to mention Super Monkey Ball. I love me some Monkey Ball. But that game annoys me because the party games are straight garbage, and they’re usually the best part of the game. At least the single player is fun (though not nearly as good as some other entries). That’s OK because I was so starved for the franchise that it still scratching that itch.

Edited on by JaxonH

HobbitGamer

The date for the Assassins crept up on me. Looking forward to playing Rogue again, easily one of my faves.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GameOtaku

@DarthNocturnal
Again with all the stupid legal shenanigans. If they composed music for the game they were paid. They were also probably paid a percentage of the sales at the time. But that time had long since gone away. I don't know about you but if that is the case it's just another example of how stupid and complicated the legal system is. Heck I'd love to get paid again for work I did last year or even better to just stop work all together and be paid for work I did 10 years ago if not longer!

It's a mess. Companies either need to release games they've been holding hostages and actually make money off of their products. Otherwise stop attacking the emulators and rom sites. Obviously they are paying legal teams to enforce the takedowns and C and Ds. Why not have them actually focus on ironing out the legal details and do consumers right. I know I may come off as long winded and annoying but this irks me more than anything. (Especially when the alternative is paying a yearly subscription to rent games I own on VC and can only have access to every other week because of check in. There's a limit to how many times I'll buy a game. Buying a game gives you unlimited access to it. Renting is just temporary and piles up a large bill. If they want us to embrace digital then there needs to be more advantages. With emulation we could have entire gaming libraries built up to everyone's personal tastes. You could still buy new games but if a new game is threatened by a 20 or so year old game then the new game is obviously not worth the price. Death to shovelware indies that bog down the eshop! Long live the Virtual Console!)

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Buizel

@GameOtaku I wonder how the law around Sonic 3&K's music would apply to remixes? We've had multiple remixes of tracks from that game in recent years (Sonic racing, Sonic Mania, Sonic Generations) so I imagine the law is a bit more lax.

Its a step above a rom dump but if they really wanted to rerelease those games they could maybe redo the soundtrack a little (maybe get Christian Whitehead to redo the whole thing a la Sonic 1, 2 and CD).

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Haruki_NLI

@DarthNocturnal @Buizel Anything not called Ice Cap, Carnival Night and Launch Base seem fine, as those are the only tracks to ever be different pre-release, and in the later PC release.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Buizel

@Knuckles-Fajita If it's only three tracks...maybe worth replacing them, then?

Hell, Sonic CD had an entirely different soundtrack between regions at release. It's not unprecedented.

At least 2'8".

link3710

Honestly, I don't see why they don't just replace the tracks if it's just three, yeah. Just get out of the legal situation entirely, and then they'll be able to rerelease whenever they want.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic