Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 44,761 to 44,780 of 69,980

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah my horrible attempt at a joke failed 😣. Lol. I was just saying people are against buying the V1 but look at what it can withstand is all I was joking about. Don't worry I won't quit my day job 😜

NintendoByNature

MsJubilee

Recently bought a pro controller, I gotta say the controller feels great! It feels a ton better than the DualShock 4 that's for damn sure.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ralizah

@scubydo

Go here: https://accounts.nintendo.com/

Sign up for a new account for whatever region you want to access the eshop in. Give it a different email than the one for your normal Nintendo account. Make sure to confirm the account in your email.

Then just go ahead and link that account to your console.

Pretty sure that should work.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Oh no doubt it’s rugged, but it’s still more susceptible to damage via the joycon and rails and that would be an expense, whereas the Lite in the case saw no damage at all. For a severe drop though, probably better to drop the OG Switch since as you said, modular parts can be replaced. But for a drop within 5-6 feet, I think the Lite is a lot more durable and less likely to result in damage requiring an expense to fix (especially in the case).

I remember watching videos of the GameCube being dropped next to the PS2 and Xbox on G4TV. That sucker fired up every time. That’s one thing Nintendo systems are known for. I think someone even microwaved their GameBoy and it still turned on. I’m fairly certain the Nintendo switch could survive a nuclear blast and still turn on afterwards.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Too bad the DS/3DS line was so susceptible to hardware issues. The Vita was actually another system that, despite looking fragile, I've found to be nearly indestructible. So many nasty drops over the years, and my Vita from 2013 still works like a champ.

Edited on by Ralizah

SuperSpaghetti

Do those of you that own a Nintendo online subscription find it to be worth it?

Future games collector

Grumblevolcano

@SuperSpaghetti It's less about whether it's worth it (NSO is bad value for its price), more that if you want certain functions (e.g. cloud saves, online multiplayer, 1st party NES/SNES games) you have to get it.

Xbox Live Gold, now that's fantastic value and for $1/£1/€1 you can convert all your Xbox Live Gold into Xbox Game Pass Ultimate giving you Gold, XB1 Game Pass and PC Game Pass allowing you to obtain a backlog so big you'll never clear it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

$298 v2 Switch with Minecraft (Walmart)

$304 v2 Switch with Spyro Trilogy (Walmart)

Anyone play The Touryst? Looking for feedback. Seems awesome but no reviews up yet. The only early impressions I’ve read were good, and the first 25 minutes of the game is up on YouTube and it looked good. But I’m just hoping to get a little more consensus before pulling the trigger.

@Ralizah
Ironically I scratched my OLED Vita screen the first day I brought it to work to play Persona 5 on remote play. It was so laggy and lo-res I got frustrated and tossed it in the drawer at my desk, and I guess it scratched against something. Had to buy a completely new system because of that scratch on the screen.

Now I use tempered glass on my Switch so I don’t have to worry about it.

Never had any issues with 3DS, except for the New 3DS with faceplates scratching my screen from the lid being closed. But I wouldn’t want to drop one of those systems with the hinges.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH That's funny. Nothing ever seems to scratch the screen on my OLED Vita.

My two DS Lites both broke their hinges. My original 3DS did that thing where the bottom border scratched up the 3D screen pretty badly. My 3DS XL suffered from broken shoulder buttons. My first New 3DS just died one day, taking years of activity log data with it.

I'm a bit sad I bought my New 3DS before the smaller one released in NA, because it's EXTREMELY cute. If I can find one for a decent price someday, I might nab it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Eel

Heh, my original 3DS still has a nice set of Xbox 360 rubber feet on the corners of the top screen.

That worked pretty well to prevent scratches. So it's still in pretty nice condition.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

I’m fairly certain the Nintendo switch could survive a nuclear blast and still turn on afterwards.

Lol yet the analog sticks can't handle "excessive use" without behaving like a drunkard trying to walk home.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dogorilla

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@SuperSpaghetti It's less about whether it's worth it (NSO is bad value for its price), more that if you want certain functions (e.g. cloud saves, online multiplayer, 1st party NES/SNES games) you have to get it.

To be honest I don't think it's bad value really. There's not a lot on it compared to the PS/Xbox equivalents but considering NSO only costs £18 a year and gives you access to a decent number of NES and SNES games (plus Tetris 99, which is great) I'd say it's worth the price if you're interested in NES and SNES games.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Magician

SuperSpaghetti wrote:

Do those of you that own a Nintendo online subscription find it to be worth it?

Unless you have a burning desire to play NES and SNES games, the service is otherwise...not great.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

link3710

Well to be a voice of positivity for once, I think NSO was worth it for me. The sole reason it's proved to be worthwhile for me was that it let you buy Game Vouchers, and it paid for itself by me getting money off on games that I was going to buy anyways. Then throw in NES/SNES, Tetris 99 and online play in games and it's been more than worth it.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

I ordered the SNES Posters from the UK My Nintendo Store last week.

Today I got an email saying due to a technical error I was sent a Splatoon 2 Poster set instead, and they'll ship the correct set ASAP, and the set I get in error is mine for free.

What a day.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

1UP_MARIO

@Knuckles-Fajita that’s a nice bonus because the shipping is expensive

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

KryptoniteKrunch

For me, the SNES games make the service worth it. Having all of those games at the ready is cool and obviously all of those would cost WAAAAY more than $20/yr. if you were to buy them piece meal. Cloud saves are a nice bonus too.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

GameOtaku

@Magician
If they'd allow us to transfer our past VC purchases, allow us to purchase new games and actively release new games than just 3 a month it would be great! Just think about it! The entire nes, snes, n64, GameCube, Wii, WiiU, gb, gbc, gba, ds, 3ds, virtual boy........... I could go on and on libraries all one place yours to browse through! You could create your own custom gaming library! If you don't like Mario Golf you'd never see it in your collection.

Really the biggest problems with compilations is either they never come or are otherwise incomplete! (Like why is Sonic 3 and Knuckles not in the Genesis collection? By extension what about Trouble Shooter?) For $20 a year I'd get only half a year of gameplay if not less because I don't have easy access to the Internet at my home. So it's not worth it one bit. Buying and owning the game on VC is just the better bargain.

GameOtaku

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic