Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,721 to 43,740 of 69,992

HobbitGamer

@link3710 I really enjoyed Alan Wake. The story delivery was like a movie, but in a storytelling way not a 'cutscenes with some gameplay' way. I'm also a fan of Twin Peaks, and the game had a similar vibe of there being something slightly offputting about the town. There was a series of shorts prior to the release, but I can't remember the name.
It's obviously not a perfect game, but it's worth a peek to see if it's up your alley.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

DenDen

@Magician if this is true My god

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Sadist

Alan Wake is pretty neat. The vibe is amazing.

Sadist

DenDen

I did yust count how many switch games I have.
More then I thought.

52 physical the others digital.
How many do you all have?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Ryu_Niiyama

Demo for Ori is on the way!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Anti-Matter

DenDen wrote:

I did yust count how many switch games I have.
More then I thought.

52 physical the others digital.
How many do you all have?

33 physicals, 4 digitals (but i almost never touch those games)

Anti-Matter

EvilLucario

Maybe it'll finally be time for me to play Ori on PC after I wrap up Daemon X Machina's main story.

Damn DxM is soo good. I need to play more of that game today.

ALSO. Last night I treated myself to an SN30Pro+, and goodness it feels great. D-Pad feels nice, build quality is superb, and it can work across EVERYTHING I have (except my PS4) - Switch, PC, and even my Android phone! Now I can FINALLY play the best versions of Sonic 1 and 2 on my phone without wanting to gouge someone's eye out.

This will be the way I play my Game Pass titles on PC since it's registered as an Xbox One controller.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama I want to love Ori but the opening and feeling is so depressing I never want to play the total downer of a game.

Similarly I get NNK tomorrow....but only after I ordered it did I find out the horribly depressing premise. It looked cute...but there's no way I can imagine actually playing it, knowing it'll just be depressing....

NEStalgia

IceClimbers

With Jedi Outcast coming on Tuesday, I sincerely hope we get some of the other classic Star Wars games over the course of next year.

If we get a Battlefront II (2005) port I'd probably cry. That's easily one of my favorite games EVER. Having that on Switch would be a dream.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

GRID Autosport is fantastic. Played a bit before work this morning (around 3:45am). Cant wait to get home and play some more, and check out the Ori demo

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

I'm trying not to buy anything else this month with DQ and zelda on the way but I think I'm going to cave and get puzzle quest. Putting my new link amiibo on my desk at work. So he can protect me with cuteness.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama No! Untitled Goose Game is tomorrow, too! You have to have a honkin good time. You must.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer Aww it is on my list but this is puzzle quest. Nice job on the DQ style "but thou must", however. lol!

Yeah no seriously, I'm shot this month. DQ Switch, NA copy of DQ (to show support in my region even though I'm likely going to leave it boxed), Link amiibo, Snake, Squirtle, Ivysaur amiibo, Link's Awakening LE, DxM controller and I'm getting a 20 dollar eshop card tomorrow. I have to show some restraint... I want to preorder another statue. lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

toiletduck

EvilLucario wrote:

ALSO. Last night I treated myself to an SN30Pro+, and goodness it feels great. D-Pad feels nice, build quality is superb, and it can work across EVERYTHING I have (except my PS4) - Switch, PC, and even my Android phone! Now I can FINALLY play the best versions of Sonic 1 and 2 on my phone without wanting to gouge someone's eye out.

You're happy about the D-pad right? I'm a bit hesitant. I've had negative experiences with both the d-pad of the official pro controller as with the SF30Pro. It's the infamous issue where the direction input isn't registered correctly, hence false ups and downs occur all the time. Besides that, the buttons for both feel much sturdier than the old SNES controllers (in a bad way). Since I started gaming with the (S)NES' d-pad, it's quite hard to get used to something so much less precise.

Is the Pro+ d-pad significantly different from the other 2 pro controllers?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama Oh yeah, I forgot you also got the actual DQ console. I picked up Astral, DxM, and two each of Link's Awakening and his adowable widdle amiibo now this month. Gift set for a friend's birthday today.
Go sell some plasma and kidneys.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer Please don't say that. I passed a plasma bank yesterday and I literally slowed down because I was thinking about it. There has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Edit: I'm lucky I coudn't find Astral Chain nearby when it came out. And when DxM dropped I finally hit the timeskip for FE3H (I've been writing character studies ever since...I'm mildly annoyed that the character I expected to hate is my favorite currently) so I've been occupied with that.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

HobbitGamer

@Ryu_Niiyama Hey, I never said whose plasma... I think I'm near the end of FETH now, I'm 1/4 through Astral, and I'm probably 1/4 through DxM (I started playing online for awesome parts). And I still need to finish Phoenix Wright

#MudStrongs

Ryu_Niiyama

@HobbitGamer Wait you did all of the routes? and which Phoenix Wright? (that reminds me I still need to buy 5 in Japanese)

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic