Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,701 to 43,720 of 69,981

TheFrenchiestFry

@link3710 Dude trust me, if you want to get the absolute most out of the Witcher 3 on your first playthrough, you'll probably spend like 2 or 3 months trying to do absolutely everything

God knows how long itll take for me to complete Cyberpunk 2077

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

darkfenrir

I want to get Witcher 3, but holy shoot I have spent too much this year :/ So I probably will see if 2nd hand of the game will get low enough here (probably not) or I'll see if it'll drop low enough on the sales later on...

darkfenrir

BruceCM

Yeah, @link3710 ... I 'finished' my 1st play-through after about 150 hours! That was doing the vast majority of stuff, so I can NG+ a lot quicker at some point, for a few choices Pre-owned Switch games here are only a little cheaper than new, @darkfenrir! That's for games from 2+ years ago! You'd be more likely to get it in E-shop sales eventually, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

StuTwo

I tend to think The Witcher 3 might be one of those carts that never sees a huge drop in price. Just because of the memory size of the actual cart I think they’ll sell what they make and further print runs will be scarce (though I expect the game will one day be available at knock down prices on the eshop).

I’d also guess that it’ll be moderately successful but I’d be quite astonished if it breaks a million copies sold. Ports are profitable (& important for building up the software base) but they’re not often huge movers.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

darkfenrir

@BruceCM Yeah, but I'm in no hurry to play the game- and buying it digitally means I'll have to spend on a SD Card as well! (my SD Card is getting full, and I'm probably going to have 40 GB left to face next year once this year ends)

Over here Switch games also took long time to go down though... of course it depends on the game, but it's just like that o+< I'll just be patient, but I can wait for eshop sales anyway.

darkfenrir

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

More precise release date announcement for the rest of Shovel Knight next week?

My comprehension of that tweet tells me the release is next week.

Witcher 3 deserves to sell millions, but I'm not expecting it - the game's 4 years old and hasn't had the same Switch exposure that Skyrim got.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

BruceCM

Fair enough, @darkfenrir .... If you need a new micro-sd anyway, the game will probably go on sale in eshop not too far in the future Certainly long before physical games will be likely to be on deals

SW-4357-9287-0699

darkfenrir

@BruceCM yeah, thinking to buy 256 GB perhaps, since I can still use my 128 😅

darkfenrir

BruceCM

They're not expensive anymore, @darkfenrir .... Often go on sale, too! Upgraded to a 256 GB myself, which is just over half full now, so I don't have to worry about it

SW-4357-9287-0699

darkfenrir

@BruceCM Not that expensive anymore but they are still around $46 here, without much chance for sale it's sad but that's how it is. I'll pull the plug when my SD card is only 10GB left though, so that's still... some time yet. Soon, but not too soon.

darkfenrir

DenDen

@StuTwo
A game like this doesnt need a price drop
60€ is the right price, all the work that is has cost the developers.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

NintendoByNature

The witcher is going to be my December game when things are relatively slow. As far as i can remember, there's not much coming in December so that should give me more than enough time unless something comes in January that I'm interested in. So far it seems like Tokyo mirage is the big January game

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Where is that, @darkfenrir .... ? Amazon here & America, for instance, quite often has various micro-sd cards on sale

SW-4357-9287-0699

darkfenrir

@BruceCM Ah, yeah my problem is that I'm in Indonesia. And importing from USA is pretty expensive as well, so I'm better off waiting for prices to go lower here.

darkfenrir

BruceCM

Ah, right, @darkfenrir .... Well, they're still quite inexpensive, in comparison to years ago

SW-4357-9287-0699

darkfenrir

@BruceCM yeah, I remember when the 256GB is as expensive as what 400GB is! That's why I get 128GB tbh haha, usually grabbed something bigger

darkfenrir

carlos82

@JaxonH I love The Witcher 3 and have finished the campaign a couple of times but still need to finish the dlc. I'm really happy to see it on Switch but olif I'm honest this is one of those I'd much rather play on my X as I don't think I'd play it portable very much. For anyone who hasn't played it though I cant reccomend it highly enough, truly the best RPG I've played this generation and the story and the effect you can have on it is second to none, with even side quests being better written than many games main campaign. I do hope it succeeds on Switch sp that we may get more of these kinds of game or perhaps some built specifically for it

Older than I care to remember but have been gaming since owning a wooden Atari 2600 and played pretty much everything inbetween.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5967-3221-9309 | My Nintendo: Carlos

Magician

Word round the campfire is that an Alan Wake remaster is coming to all platforms.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

Magician wrote:

Word round the campfire is that an Alan Wake remaster is coming to all platforms.

WHA....WHAT?! I'll give you a space cookie if that's true, just for making me happy.
I'm typically a nervous wreck and can't play horror/suspense games, but Alan Wake was one that I finished multiple times. "Fatty acids are good for your heart" shiver

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

So thanks to a conversation in another thread, I think I finally figured out what Nintendo was thinking with their treatment of the various Mario series over the last couple generations. During the period from 2001 to 2008 (GameCube + early Wii), there was an average of over 7 Mario titles per year, not counting titles with Wario, Luigi, or Peach in the title instead. We had 6 Dr. Marios, 7 Mario Parties, 11 various sports, 5 Mario RPGs, 5 remakes of SMB-SMB64, almost annual releases for each of these.

I'm pretty sure sales start cannibalizing each other, making upper management issue an edict that they A: Needed to diversify the games more and B: Lower the release rate. That's likely why most of the series seem to have dropped to a once per generation sort of thing, and lower selling ones in the same niche (Strikers, Sluggers, etc) vanished. Also, probably what was behind the whole "Only one Mario RPG" thing for Paper Mario.

Aaaaanyways on topic, was Alan Wake any good? I've heard the name but nothing else about it.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic