Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,681 to 43,700 of 69,995

NEStalgia

@JaxonH I hate import physical. Shipping cost sucks, but worse, it requires a signature. Big ticket items and such, that's expected....but a video game? Just leave it in the mailbox like a normal company, please, kthxbai.

I actually had it in my cart the other day, remembered that bit when prompted, and backed out.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

@Woomy_NNYes yea thats not a bad idea. I'll probabaly do that tonight. Nintendo support is class A for sure. They've fully reimbursed me on a digital game that I ended up hating after 2 or 3 hours of playing. So they usually do right. @gcunit thanks for the offer. I'll probably call them and see what they say. Worst case I just re-sub before lm3 drops so I can use the voucher on it. I appreciate the offer though.

NintendoByNature

redd214

@NintendoByNature Google instructions on how to get Twitch Prime/NSO deal. Not sure if it's expired already but since you say you already have Amazon Prime you can get a year of NSO free.

redd214

link3710

No, it's active still, I see it on my offer list. I think it's through the end of the month you can get it.

link3710

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
It's like $8 shipping, but I always use the $5 off next purchase coupon they send with each item so I'm perpetually saving $5 on every order. Basically comes out to $2-3 which is same as tax would be here.

And the signature sucks but you can just go to USPS site and authorize drop off without signature after receiving the brown slip. Usually come back the next day and drop it off. Or I'll swing by the post office and grab it if I'm home before 4:30pm

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

More precise release date announcement for the rest of Shovel Knight next week?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano Sounds like they're sending the final ROM to the printer next week. Who knows when the announcement will be though.

link3710

NintendoByNature

So i did the twitch prime thing and it worked. Got 3 months to start, but then it sounds like I need to sign back in 3 months and redownload another 6 month code? That right?

NintendoByNature

link3710

@NintendoByNature Almost, the second part should be for 9 months, not 6. Although I don't know if the promotion will have expired by then?

link3710

NintendoByNature

@link3710 hmm I think it said 6 mos. Probabaly because I think that's the only option for purchasing the subs(3,6,12). So I think it goes 3 mos then re-sub for 6 then again for 3.

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

@NintendoByNature Glad it worked somewhat for ya. I tried getting in to my Amazon account and got stuck at the two-stage verification. It’s the family account, and neither of the options can be accessed by me. I’ll try tomorrow...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

@HobbitGamer yea I went on my wife's phone and did it on hers. It only took a few minutes surprisingly. You need to get on it soon I think it's only good til the 24th or something

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

A nice video for Witcher 3 Switch. I really hope this game does well because it’s one of the best selling and most popular games on other systems. We needed Skyrim to do well at launch to show Nintendo fans actually buy mature AAA Western games, and I kinda feel like this one is just as important. The multiplayer shooters like Fortnite (and soon Overwatch) seem to do well since the younger kids all play those, but I haven’t seen as much interest in The Witcher 3 though despite it being revered as a far better game than Skyrim, and far more ambitious (and far more exciting to have as a hybrid handheld game, imo).

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

Next Tetris theme is Super Kirby Clash, you also get 99 Gem Apples for the game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

Oooh that’s nifty! I just got my first Maximus the other day, so I’m on a roll.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TheFrenchiestFry

Witcher 3 on Switch shouldn't exist

Being an owner of the Steam version, I know that the game is only slightly smaller in memory utility compared to the Switch's 32GB game card, but I'm so astounded at how they managed to fully retain literally every aspect of the game and the sacrifice in visual fidelity doesn't seem too big compared to what I feared it would be. The game already stuttered heavily on the other consoles from what I heard; the PC version still appeared to be the best optimized and ran the most smoothly with almost non-existent performance issues. I do know the Switch version slightly drops in performance when you get to areas like Novigrad, but just...wow. This is honestly the DOOM Atari Jaguar equivalent of the current generation of console game conversions.

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

link3710

I am super excited to play Witcher 3 for the first time on my Switch. It's probably gonna be the title I spend a month straight playing sometime between February and April when releases are dead given what I've heard about it.

link3710

JaxonH

Ya I own Witcher 3 but never got past the first couple hours. I intend to change that when the Switch version drops.

It’s crazy that The Witcher 3 on Switch runs at higher specs than games like Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Who would’ve thought such a thing could exist. A big, expansive game like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, you expect the 720p docked res and 540p handheld. Yet somehow The Witcher 3 is not only managing to match those specs, but doesn’t have the huge swan dives in resolution. Unreal.

And to get The Witcher 3 and Overwatch on the same day? People don’t realize how huge that is. Both of those titles are 20+ million sellers iirc, and even if Overwatch is past it’s prime, you better believe it’s gonna do well on Switch. A whole new audience plus people who want it on the go. Games like that get gobbled up on Switch. The user base is all hungry hungry hippos. Hungry for everything on Switch. Gobble gobble. Num num num.

With all the nonstop September action you expect a few games to fall by the wayside or get overlooked... but I look on Amazon and I see everything selling. Thought for sure if any game would get the cold shoulder it would be DxM, but it rocked out the top 50 for at least a week. Then I thought for sure Ni No Kuni would get overlooked. Nope. Just broke top 50. Figured Divinity Original Sin 2, with no buildup and a surprise release as a franchise unknown to the fanbase, surely that would be the one sacrificed in the name of too many games... negative. Bout to break top 10 on the eShop. Switch gamers are like a bottomless pit. Hungry hungry hungry gobble gobble gobble. No matter how many games release they’re hungry for more.

The only time I pause over whether a game will do well is super gritty mature titles. Bulletstorm only managed to hit like #50 on the eShop, which for a game with no build up and no gyro, I guess I’m not surprised. Though it was a high-quality port so I kind of feel it deserved a little better than that. Witcher has brand recognition though, but with that comes higher expectations. Much higher. Simply selling 1 million copies won’t do for a game that sold 20+ million elsewhere. I hope it can hit 2-3 million. That would be pretty respectable given the status of the game and the fact it is releasing a couple years later.

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic