Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,641 to 43,660 of 69,995

JaxonH

Btw, this video is too awesome not to post, though it might be appreciated more in the Mario Maker 2 thread

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

Ah jeez, I'm nowhere near a top 10 for the year. So many games I still want to play. I'm gonna rank what I have played this year though, rather than what's released:
Astral Chain
Celeste
Kingdom Hearts 3
Spiderman (PS4)
Spyro Trilogy
Cuphead
Octopath Traveler
Deltarune (Chapter 1)
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy

It was hard to narrow it to a top 10, but I think this will do it. There weren't any really bad games I've played all year, but I think these were the stand outs.

Unplayed titles releasing 2019 that may rank later:
Fire Emblem Three Houses
DQ XI
Daemon Ex Machina
Luigi's Mansion 3
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth
Indivisible
Darksiders Genesis
Dark Crystal Tactics
Doom Eternal
Panzer Dragoon
Witcher 3
Ori
Travis Strikes Again

link3710

Magician

Grumblevolcano wrote:

This discussion was kind of started in the Astral Chain thread but what are your top 5 games of this year so far?

I don't believe I've played a single GotY this year. I've got census GotY contenders Astral Chain and Fire Emblem sitting on the shelf but haven't gotten to them yet. Been too busy catching up with the backlog. Dragon Quest Builders 2 is probably the most well received 2019 release I've played thus far.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Illusion

My top 2019 Switch games:
1. Daemon ex Machina
2. Blazing Chrome
3. My Big Sister
4. Doom
5. Deltarune
6. Collection of Mana
7. Contra Collection
8. Castlevania Collection
9. Resident Evil
10. Super Mario Maker 2
Looking forward to Pokemon Shield and Castle Crashers.

Illusion

Arbor

is daemon x machina pronounced “daemon ex machina” or “daemon times machina”?

Arbor

Arbor

@StableInvadeel is it really?? i can have a hard time with satire :/

Edited on by Arbor

Arbor

BruceCM

Lols, @Arbor .... I'm pretty sure it's ex, since it's like Deus Ex. Isn't it referring to something like that in the game? I hope you all know how to pronounce Daemon correctly, too

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

DenDen

@JaxonH what an fantastic list!!!
Agree with a lot!!!
Did order some I missed And pre orderd some I miss as well 🤣🤣
Hey could you add me on the switch?
Friendcode is in my signature, whould love to see witch games you are playing and so on on.

You always make me happy with your hyped posts hahah.

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

darkfenrir

My top 2019 Switch games.......... honestly can't pick yet, really love Fire Emblem and Astral Chain though. But there's still DQ, Luigi's Mansion and Pokemon to go through before I can safely say what is my goty.

(Admittedly I'm hooked on Isaac right now)

darkfenrir

Anti-Matter

My Top 10 Switch games are actually very different with typical gamers here. I prefer something not really popular or completely different but worthy in my eyes rather than well known popular games but some of them are never appeal to me. Am i hipster ? Maybe, but i still have interest with some of well known popular games such as Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Cooking Mama, etc.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

DarkRula

Top Ten Switch-only games of 2019 is a hard ask. As would it be with including those from other consoles. I'll just stick with the Switch stuff, though, and the six games I have (not putting Daemon X Machina here until I get a bit more time with it).

Number one of the year would go to Dragon Quest Builders 2. It expanded on everything from the first to provide another great blend of sandbox-RPG. Second up is My Time at Portia, which had me hooked with helping the town get popular again through the mechanics it offered. Third goes to Forager. Seems unlikely it'd stay there, but this was an unexpected one in that it also kept me hooked with its mechanics, despite looking simple.

Fourth is Team Sonic Racing, which provides a good racing game with an interesting hook not present in other racers, but that's really the only thing it has going for it. In fifth is Super Mario Maker 2. While I enjoy creating levels within it, and playing those of others, I can't call it one of the greats. It's just an enjoyable creation tool to play around in. Sixth is Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid. A classic fighter that has some good mechanics is all I'll say for this one. Just... can we get something that's not an arena fighter next time?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

rallydefault

So far my GotY would be Fire Emblem, but I have feeling Luigi's Mansion will be win out in my mind.

rallydefault

Maaryotyme

2019 goty Mario Maker 2 tho luigis mansion will surely be there.

@Anti-Matter yes but what’s your 2019 goty

Edited on by Maaryotyme

Maaryotyme

Anti-Matter

@Luigi-number1
Hm... 🤔
My GOTY 2019 : 😏
1. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96/100) & Switch (95/100)
2. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Switch (82/100)
3. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster Switch (FF X = 80/100, FF X-2 = 70/100)
4. New Super Lucky's Tale Switch (77/100)
5. Sumikko Gurashi: School Life Begins Switch (75/100)

If Konami announced Dance Dance Revolution A20 for Nintendo Switch with more than 300 songs, including songs from previous DDR, it will be my Instant GOTY (110/100) ! 😍

Anti-Matter

Sadist

From what I played this year;

01. Fire Emblem Three Houses
02. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
03. Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edtion
04. Travis Strikes Again NMH

Still playing; Final Fantasy XII TZA and Astral Chain.

Sadist

Anti-Matter

@StableInvadeel
In Japan, most peoples associated the Cross or X symbol with Batsu, means NO / I disagree.
And that's why Xbox sold poorly on Japan due to X looking = Batsu ! (NO!!)

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic