Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 43,441 to 43,460 of 69,962

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo seems to be back to their fitness goals. Maybe a Wii Fit replacement?

Full reveal on September 12th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

I’m interested enough to learn more. I never did Wii fit, but I liked my Kinect sports games and Wii sports

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

What the heck was that ?!
Looks interesting, i hope it will be available in physical.

Edit: Judging from the gameplay, i guess there will be a flexing muscle mini game like bodybuilder. 😀

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

Yeah, I hope the game involving physical fitness movements is available in physical form.... 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Dezzy

This looks like something you release just so you have an excuse to close down a department within the company. Lol

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Haruki_NLI

I look at Nintendo and wonder who supplies the good stuff to R&D because good Lord it's got to be like a Sonic CD Special Stage of What The Hell in those idea rooms.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

By the way, has anyone acknowledged the fact that Mario Odyssey has become the best selling 3D Mario game?

It overtook Galaxy earlier in the year.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

OorWullie

We can now choose to turn off that button guide on NES and of course SNES Online. I'm sure after a year of being remembered that Select is Select and Start is Start, I'll be safe to turn it off. Wish me luck!

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JaxonH

I am so down for Assassins Creed Rebel Collection (2 of the best ones in a single package). I think this is going to be the one I sit down and play through to completion. I’ve never beaten a game in the series and I intended to do that with AC3, but other games sidetracked me.

Also starting to open up to the idea of Overwatch, since it has gyro and bots. If I can play that game without the stress of competing against other real players while also having Gyro in handheld mode I think I would actually really enjoy it.

And Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore. Fire Emblem Three Houses has me in the mood, as does the prospect of an actual Persona-structured Atlus game on Switch. I remember not being too excited for that game back on Wii U, but at the time I hadn’t yet played Persona 5, and I wasn’t nearly as hyped for Fire Emblem, not to mention it was the last year of Wii U and it was a real downer. I think I spent most of that year playing other systems.

And lastly Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition. But that of course goes without saying. But what I will say is that that game to me holds the same kind of excitement and hype that a Mario or a Zelda would generate. We have to acknowledge that Xenoblade is now Nintendo‘s flagship JRPG, and I never played this one beyond the first 10 hours (and don’t remember much of it given how long ago it was), so this is going to be a brand new experience for me.

Oh, and Divinity Original Sin 2. If it wasn’t for Astral Chain Id be playing that right now. It’s on the to do list though. Speaking of which, Astral Chain is so good! The more I play it the more I am thinking it’s actually a better game than Fire Emblem, and that’s really saying something. The more I play, the more I think “this is one of the best games I’ve played this generation” and it might be my new favorite action game of all time. I’m liking it more than Bayonetta 2. It’s more well rounded, The non-combat parts are excellent and the combat itself is far more strategic and thoughtful, and extremely unique. There’s just nothing else like it.

@NEStalgia
I didn’t play the first one (own it though), but from what I saw it looked great. So I can’t draw comparisons but, what I can tell you is, I think it’s pretty much universally agreed that the second one is on a masterpiece level. They took a really good game and perfected it.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

toiletduck

JaxonH wrote:

Also starting to open up to the idea of Overwatch, since it has gyro and bots. If I can play that game without the stress of competing against other real players while also having Gyro in handheld mode I think I would actually really enjoy it.

I'm interested for the exact same reasons. See how it goes with bots, find out whether I like it enough to acquire enough skills to play online and then who knows. It looked like a lot of fun in the trailer and I liked the visuals. Let me know how it works out for you, I probably won't have time for it before January.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Magician

DockEllisD wrote:

Dragon Quest 1, 2 & 3 will receive an Asian physical release with English as an option!
https://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/51638/first-three-dr...

Dope! My love for the first DQ runs deep and I've never played DQ2 or DQ3. This physical release will be an insta-buy for me. Hmm, I wonder if DQ4-DQ6 will follow?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Anti-Matter

@Magician
SquareEnix can did that for Dragon Quest 1 -3 but unable to put FF 7 -9 HD remaster in physical... 😒

Anti-Matter

Magician

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Magician
SquareEnix can did that for Dragon Quest 1 -3 but unable to put FF 7 -9 HD remaster in physical... 😒

I understand your frustration. I would also love to have cartridges for FF7-FF9 sitting on my shelf. But for whatever reason S-E didn't do it. I assume S-E views a DQ physical release as having so much more sales potential in the East than a physical release of FF in the West would? It's probably corporation profitability logistics that are guiding these decisions.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ryu_Niiyama

I think some of it has to do with the fact that XI is a call back to the first trilogy as well. They are banking on that tie in. (granted it has notes of all of the games especially in the 3ds and switch versions but the story is a nod to the first trilogy.)

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Eel

It’s interesting how the next Farming Simulator on the switch will be based on the mobile format instead of the pc format.

Guess it makes it the first “home console” to receive a mobile version of the game.

While it sounds bad and all, the mobile versions of Farming Simulator are a lot more use friendly and streamlined compared to the big boy versions, so it’s actually nice to get one of those. But it would’ve been nice to get the latest pc version too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

rallydefault

Playing Overwatch online is like most "competitive" shooters: there's a circus Quick Play mode AND an Arcade mode that are both totally stress-free and people rarely get on your case about anything, and then there is Ranked Mode when you're feeling capable/up to dealing with other people.

I've been playing on PC since launch and I think I've only missed one ranked season (they're at like 15 or something right now). It's a great game and I don't know why people get their shorts in a twist over the prospect of playing with/against other people? I mean, geez, especially if you're just gonna be playing against other Switch players? I'm gonna go ahead and stereotype here and say that in general Switch players will definitely be less knowledgeable and skilled than players on the other platforms. You're getting all nervous about playing baseball with snails, people.

AND Switch players will probably be the least likely to use voice communication out of all the platforms. So just jump in and play.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Magician

@StableInvadeel Honestly, over the past year or so a significant number of previously Android/iOS-only games have been making their way to the Switch. Many even getting physical releases (OPUS Collection, Into the Dead 2, etc). Mobile ports are a big reason why the Switch already has a library of games roughly twice as large as the XBone in less than half the time on the market.

I'm surprised the Google Play app hasn't been made available on Switch yet.

Nintendo and Google probably can't lawyer their way to an agreeable revenue split.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic