13. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
14. Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled
15. Red Dead Redemption 2
16. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2
17. MLB 19: The Show
18. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
19. NBA 2K19
20. Assasin’s Creed Odyssey
Fire Emblem Three Houses is the biggest launch for the series in US History and already the second best selling title in the series (in the US), just behind Awakening.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

EvilLucario

Fire Emblem's success is awesome to see. Hopefully it has good legs and lasts for the rest of the generation.

Damn fine game all around and discussion around the story is extremely engrossing to read too. Just a ton of things to unpack with the game, really.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Fire Emblem topped U.K. charts for 2 weeks, yet it practically topped the US charts for the entire month. I hear it’s already the second best selling game in the series (3rd if you combine Fates sales into one). But that’s not bad for only being out on the market two weeks. Not to mention, Nintendo confirmed that 63,000 of the 180,000 launch sales for FE Awakening were digital. That’s like 33%. And the percent of digital sales on Switch should be even higher, especially considering the voucher program (particularly in Japan).

And since only physical sales are being counted for Three Houses right now, that bodes extremely well for the total sales. And it should be noted, FETH is still like #11 on Amazon US. The game has kept incredible momentum since launch. Excellent word-of-mouth and high reviews spreading like wild fire. Those sales are going to be evergreen as the 3DS fanbase buys into Switch over the coming year with New model Switch and LiteSwitch + Pokémon/Animal Crossing. And that’s where a large portion of the current fanbase lies. I see this game selling millions of copies for years to come. So happy seeing this franchise doing so well. Hopefully it’ll do 3-4 million lifetime, set a series record and garner an even higher budget for future entries.

@New_Guest
Never said there is no sense talking about it. Only that there’s no sense complaining about it. And nobody else is complaining except you.

@Cotillion
😁

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

IceClimbers

Excellent to see such strong sales from Fire Emblem and Marvel.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Therad

rallydefault wrote:

@New_Guest
Ok, here we go:

100 bucks over 5 years to play 30+ classic games is an EXCELLENT deal...

...for Nintendo, because they wouldn't have gotten $100 out of (almost) anyone for buying NES games as singletons. People would have bought the usual suspects and skipped the rest.

It is also not a good comparison, it is a false equivalence fallacy. Yes, The scream by Edvard Munch was bought by a collector for $120 millions, this doesn't make a poster of the painting for $1 million an EXCELLENT deal. When buying collectors items, you are buying more than just the game.
A better comparison would be the NES classic, $59.99 MSRP and you get the games forever.

But as usual, Nintendo can do what they want with their IPs and people can complain and/or vote with their wallet. The big problem is that people are very good at the first part, but downright awful with the latter. See "Paying for online"

Edited on by Therad

Therad

rallydefault

@Therad
Dude, you totally mangled my words. Hence the ellipses at the end of my quote that you decided to abruptly cut off. You're reducing my multi-sentence post to one clause to suit your narrow opportunity at a counter. Give me a fair shake next time and maybe I'll talk to you about it.

(Also, you're straight-up wrong about Nintendo hardly getting anyone to purchase 100 bucks worth of NES games standalone through eShop or some other single release format. The concept of "whales" doesn't just apply to free to play games. Lots of people on this board would probably admit to buying EASILY that many NES games if made available to them. The NES Mario and Zelda games alone would put you AT LEAST at 5 games or 25 bucks, over one year's worth of Online already. Overall would be 20 games to get you to 100 bucks assuming they are all 5 bucks, which they probably wouldn't be. That's not that many games.)

@New_Guest
It's fine to talk about things, but people like me who have been around here for awhile are just going to point out that pretty much all roads of talking lead to one conclusion: either you begrudgingly pay for the online or you don't. You COULD take things into your own hands and start a petition or go stand outside Nintendo HQ with a sign for a few days, but yea lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

link3710

Room Service sounds like the kind of item that might make an impact on the competitive team. Eject Pack can turn moves like Overheat into pivots like Volt Switch, might be niche but I could see people working that into teams.

Pretty much everything they showed is viable competitively, which is nice. I want Corviknight now, he could shut down anyone with Intimidate or the likes pretty easily. Of course, it'll probably be too frail to make good use of that ability sadly.

In more casual news, Gastrodon's going to be naturally available for the first time since DPPT... I wonder how it's forms will work? We'll probably solely have West Sea this game if the past is anything to go by.

link3710

Therad

rallydefault wrote:

@Therad
Dude, you totally mangled my words. Hence the ellipses at the end of my quote that you decided to abruptly cut off. You're reducing my multi-sentence post to one clause to suit your narrow opportunity at a counter. Give me a fair shake next time and maybe I'll talk to you about it.

(Also, you're straight-up wrong about Nintendo hardly getting anyone to purchase 100 bucks worth of NES games standalone through eShop or some other single release format. The concept of "whales" doesn't just apply to free to play games. Lots of people on this board would probably admit to buying EASILY that many NES games if made available to them. The NES Mario and Zelda games alone would put you AT LEAST at 5 games or 25 bucks, over one year's worth of Online already. Overall would be 20 games to get you to 100 bucks assuming they are all 5 bucks, which they probably wouldn't be. That's not that many games.)

Your "multi-sentance post" was a long comparison between a collector and the fictive $100 it would cost to have the NES readily available. I covered that even though I shortened the quotation. You can act offended or you can refute what I said, the choice is yours.

But if you look at the numbers, they have gotten 1 million people to subscribe to nso, they wouldn't have had that many people buying 20 NES games. The usual suspects (the five you mentioned) will be bought by many, but the others won't. Looking at the list they have, can you honestly say you would buy 20 games?

The reality is that Nintendo think this is the best way to earn money, and I agree.

And it still a bad policy to pay for online play. It would be interesting to see the sales of Splatoon 3, but it seems that won't happen.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

BougieBeetle

Look at it this way, friends: in about a hundred years (give or take), all the NES and SNES games will slide into the public domain, and everyone will be able to play and distribute them for free. Of course, most of us will be dead by then, but it's something.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Ryu_Niiyama

Loving all the news about the FE sales. Zelda has a special place in my heart but if I had to turn off my bias, I'd say FE was my favorite franchise. (It is the only game that isn't a fighting game that I can repeat levels/matches over and over and not get bored). Makes me even more excited for the future.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

GameOtaku

@rallydefault
What would be so wrong with both services being up and running? (VC and Classic game rentals with nso)

My ideal solution would be a unified VC that's also tied into the classic rentals. $20 a year gets you access to all the games for a limited period of time like now but they are also available to non subscribers for purchase (let's be honest here if you don't play online nor have stable internet or like me no connection at all then you are not buying a nso sub) and since its ties to your account previous purchases from wiiu/3ds either transfer over free or with a one time upgrade fee.

GameOtaku

Grumblevolcano

Is changing NSLU to NSMBU movement style after completing the game exclusive to the Switch version? I don't remember it in the Wii U physical version.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

This looks pretty great. I wonder if we'll see it in the Direct on Monday?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dogorilla

@Grumblevolcano No, I played it on Wii U a few months ago and it had that. I didn't use it much though, it felt weird having Luigi move like Mario and it messed up some of the levels where you need precise jumps.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Magician

@Ralizah Coffee Talk reminds me of VA-11 HALL-A.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

@Magician I can see why it'd remind you of that, as the style of gameplay and the theme seem to be somewhat similar.

I'm going to try not to play it with VA-11 Hall-A on the brain, though, as I don't want to go in with preconceptions derived from that game. I do like the pixel art in this title a lot. I get a bit of a millennial hipster vibe from it, but that doesn't mean it can't be good.

I will say that, putting aside the great setting and music, VA-11 Hall-A ultimately succeeded on the strength of its character writing, and something like this will need to do the same thing.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

Grandia HD Collection is hype. Wish there was a physical release, but I’d be buying digital anyways just because, the classics deserve 24/7 access. Won’t get to play it anytime soon, but I’m happy just owning it for when that day comes.

Astral Chain getting a lot of positive press also. I need to hurry up and beat Fire Emblem. I think I have 3 chapters left for my first playthrough.

And Ni No Kuni looking amazing on Switch, as expected.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic