Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 42,661 to 42,680 of 69,962

Ralizah

@JaxonH Grandia will get a physical release at some point. I firmly believe every notable Switch game will at some point. People know how ravenous the base is for carts. They just do it after the digital release to capitalize on double-dippers.

No real interest in that, but I am SO conflicted by Ni no Kuni and Dragon Quest XI S launching at basically the same time. I don't know which one to play.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

Grandia HD Collection is hype. Wish there was a physical release, but I’d be buying digital anyways just because, the classics deserve 24/7 access.

Although GungHo Online has expressed zero interest in releasing the Grandia HD Collection physically, I think it's fair to assume that one of the boutique publishers (Limited Run, Super Rare, etc) is going to make inquiries about that possibility.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

So... seems Ori & The Blind Forest will be announced at the indie presentation. Or at least, that’s the obvious conclusion. What else could it be.

ZhugeEX Twitter

We're going to see another Microsoft / Xbox first game at the IndieWorld Direct on Monday.

So far we've had Minecraft, Cuphead and Super Lucky's Tale that have been Xbox exclusives come to Switch.

If you've been following rumors/leaks you can probably guess this one.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

Orrrr.... it’s Kameo 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

So... seems Ori & The Blind Forest will be announced at the indie presentation. Or at least, that’s the obvious conclusion. What else could it be.

Well...how about Wasteland 3 or Bard's Tale 4 from Inxile for Switch?

MS owns Inxile now, yet continues to allow their games to be released on Switch.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

StableInvadeel wrote:

Can’t wait for that indie classic to appear on the switch, Halo.

LOL, 343 Industries is not independent. You're only playing Halo on Switch if the Xbox Game Pass rumors come true. However, Bungie is now independent. I can envision Destiny 1 & 2 on Switch if Bungie made an effort to port them.

Edited on by Magician

JaxonH

@Magician

This makes it more than obvious.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Dragon Quest XI S Limited Edition Nintendo Switch is back up on Amazon Japan!

Go go go!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B07ST16H4Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_...

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH thanks for the thought. I missed it though.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Ohhh, I snagged one because it came to $393 shipped versus my Play-Asia order which was like $550 after shipping ($525 + shipping).

Thing is, I can’t cancel my Play-Asia order. And they just sold out as well. So it’s gone everywhere.

If you’re interested in buying my extra one from PA, I’d be more than happy to help you out. Otherwise I’ll probably just end up selling it on eBay for the same price I paid.

Edited on by JaxonH

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH ah crap. If play Asia is out I’ll have to take you up on that. I don’t get paid till the fifth and was waiting until then to order. My email is my username with no underscore at gmail (ryuniiyama). Let me know your terms.

(I swear I hate region exclusive systems. I had hoped this was a thing of the past.)

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

IceClimbers

So I bought one of those Power A question block cartridge cases. The cartridges have a nice snug fit, but are super easy to remove. A major complaint I've read about some of the hard plastic Hori cases is that the cartridges are not easy to remove to the point of being afraid of damaging their Switch games.

The only real negative I could find about this Power A case is that it only holds 12 cartridges.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Ya it’s no problem. I’d rather see it go to somebody who actually really wants it, given how hard it’s going to be to obtain now.

I’ll send you an email now just to open the correspondence line. I’ll have to wait until it arrives, obviously, but I’ll just leave it boxed up and take it right to the post office with a new label on it, that way I don’t have to repack it.

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

@Magician

This makes it more than obvious.

Yes yes, Ori is the obvious choice, clearly. However, you posed the question of, "what else could it be?" And so I answered. There's no need to be snooty about someone answering your question.

JaxonH

@Magician
???

1 It was a rhetorical question, but by all means answer it if you wish. Nowhere did I criticize anyone for answering a question.
2 Snooty? In no way was I being “snooty”. I was simply reiterating the reasons why that’s the obvious choice we should be expecting as opposed to something else. That’s not being snooty any more than telling a cashier you’d like to buy a bucket of paint.

Do people just imagine everything people say on the Internet is done with some attitude? Not possible I was just making a normal response?

Edited on by JaxonH

DenDen

Grandia needs a physical release

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Grumblevolcano

Only 13 days until the next round of crazy release schedules begin.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarkL1987

So yeah, the annoying Press L and R on the Controller screen popped up on me during some online matches on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe last night. This isn't the first time I've had that happen as this pop up also kept occurring shortly after purchasing the console last summer. Shortly thereafter, a firmware update eliminated that issue and all's been well for the past year until it suddenly reappeared out of nowhere yesterday. I think it might be a controller problem because I was able to go through the menus without any issues. At this point, I'm not sure whether to call the Nintendo Canada number and tell them about it or just buy another pair of JoyCons

Favorite Switch games:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Super Mario Odyssey
Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Friend code: SW-4428-8318-9398

JaxonH

@MarkL1987
Have you updated the joycon controllers themselves? You have to physically connect them to the Switch, then go into settings (maybe where it says controllers in settings) and select “Update Controller”.

If you’ve done that, my next suspicion would be interference. Perhaps another device using Bluetooth in the near area. Or a PS4/X1 left in sleep mode. That gave me a lot of interference issues until I figured out that’s what was causing it. Now I power them all the way down and have no problems.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic