Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,621 to 41,640 of 53,668

Shadowthrone

Ralizah wrote:

But yeah, I won't play non-exclusive shooters on console at all now, unless that console is a Switch. The lack of gyro is a deal-breaker for me.

I can't play shooters at all with dual analog, I honestly don't know how people do it.
The last shooter without lock-on that I got for consoles was Goldeneye until recently I got Doom on Switch and I was awful at it, even with assisted aiming. Kept missing, challenges were near impossible, died often because of the control (or lack thereof), it just didn't feel like I could control it with any real accuracy. Got the same Doom on PC and never died due to the controls, headshots galore, challenges were actually too easy because I could actually accurately control the game. It was like playing two different games.
Fantastic for those who can play these games on a console, and that games like Doom Eternal and Wolfenstein are coming to Switch, but they're definitely not for me. I doubt I'll ever buy another shooter for a console, with the only exception being Metroid Prime (though I don't really consider them shooters as much as them being action/adventure and having target lock-on).

Shadowthrone

DannyBoi

Thinking of getting a PS4, but concerned with power usage. Does anyone know the power input of the PS4? And if so is there a can anyone post a link to power(electricity usage) specs?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

Eel

Maybe that would be better for the ps4 thread.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

WebHead

@Ralizah I mean that is more or less how its expected to look. And if its in production that means accessories are in production too.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

JaxonH

They had another accessory listed on that site with a totally different design for the Switch Mini, so I take it with a grain of salt because it seems like everyone is just doing their own mock ups.

That said, The one linked does seem like it’s viable (the other one was missing the capture button, and had weird offsets for the D pad and buttons, which just screamed fake to me, not that the product was fake but that it was a mock up rather than the actual system)

PLAYING
NS: Sniper Elite 4, Hyrule Warriors AoC, Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps
PC: MH World
PS5: Persona 4 Dancing
EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise, MH Stories 2, SMTV, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys IX, Neo TWEWY, Bravely Default 2

Jesus is Lord.

WebHead

@JaxonH I woudlnt be surprised if new hardware was meant to release this month but got delayed due to the tariff. I kinda exoect a staggered rollout. One with zelda in september and the other with Pokemon in November.

WebHead

Link-Hero

@Cotillion
Completely agree. I can't play FPS's without a keyboard and mouse, no matter how many times I try. If I use a controller, you'll think I only recently just started playing video games and not since the early-mid '90s.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Switch Friend Code: SW-3097-0477-1999 | Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

HobbitGamer

@WebHead If it were to release this month, the production budget would have already been set, so it’s doubtful tarrifs that have been in place for over a month would have mattered. But Nintendo is currently moving hardware production out of China anyway, so there’s that too.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Luna_110

Those roll up to launch take some time. If a Switch Mini were to launch this month, shipments would already have to be made to the entire world and retailers would know before hand so they could start preparing for it. And we would probably have a trustworthy leak since marketing and shipment usually are guys that don’t belong to the company and blurb out stuff for their seconds of fame.

I doubt that a random accessory producer would have info on the product and accessories ready before, say, Horii, that is a licensed partner. Seems to me something more in line with a mock-up.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

WebHead

@Luna_110 idk I dont think Nintendo hardware revisions have had any retailer leaks before. And again if production is starting then accessories production is starting as well.

WebHead

Therad

I don't think the tariffs will matter at all for Nintendos plans. Switching plants and/or starting up production elsewhere takes time. And who knows if Donald just starts taxing goods from those other countries next, it isn't unfatomable to think that will happen. Also as a multi-national corporation they can't really just delay production for one country, even though they are a big chunk of revenue. It takes time to create hardware revisions, and tech becomes old fast in todays world.

Also, a product like this doesn't really have any valid replacement. If you wan't Nintendo stuff, you have to just swallow the tax.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Haruki_NLI

Ah yes. Emily Rogers.

Uhuh.

Now Playing: Pokemon Emerald, PVZ: Garden Warfare 2

Now Streaming: Megaman Battle Network 2, Pokemon Shield Poliwag, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

@Knuckles-Fajita shes been pretty good lately besides mother 3. Gotta be honest you have a crappy attitude. Congrats, you're the first NL member to make my ignore list.

WebHead

Eel

Over reacting much? Sigh. Let's move on.

Bloop.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

Edit: Moving on, per suggestion

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Haruki_NLI

@WebHead Smooth.

I was more reporting that she's hardly been on the money. Then again no source ever has.

Plus no matter how many times its corroborated it could still not be true. Pokemon Stars for instance?

Just saying, her track record is spotty, even for a leaker. Best not pin your hopes on this fabled revision on her.

By all means reference it, but now the rumour is out there, anyone could expand upon it.

Ah well. C'est la vie. We will find out soon enough if new hardware is real.

I personally expect to cheaper edition to phase out the 3DS as the budget option. A higher spec machine should be 2020 earliest to counter PS5 and Scarlett.

Then again the current Switch could just shift down to be the cheap model with a price cut.

Hey I'm the guy who figured the Xbox One X would be the new entry system once Scarlett landed as the higher end machine.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Pokemon Emerald, PVZ: Garden Warfare 2

Now Streaming: Megaman Battle Network 2, Pokemon Shield Poliwag, Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

September makes sense given the timing and game release schedule.

WebHead

Octane

Until someone can explain to me why it is a good idea to launch not one, but two revisions in the same year, I won't buy this rumour.

Switch Mini sounds like a disaster for parents.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic