Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,561 to 41,580 of 69,963

gcunit

@BenGrimm I've not been following the game, at all, and I don't have it myself, but I've not come across others suffering the same. Have you tried reinstalling?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Haruki_NLI

Interesting to see Dragon Quest Builders 2 sell more on Switch at retail in the UK than PS4.

Smash hype.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita Don't you know? Nintendo gamers only buy Nintendo games!

...wait.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

It's kind of recognizable as a handheld series at this point, so people probably want to play it on the go.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

@Ralizah It makes sense. The Switch release got the most visibility since Nintendo is the publisherm. The PS4 release is Square published and was only really shown at Squares E3 and Japan streams.

Nintendo kinda likes to shout about Dragon Quest though. Always the publisher.

Grumblevolcano

I think it's the Smash effect and that being exactly why the DLC fighters chosen by Nintendo have been 3rd party. Though Joker being in Smash while Persona 5 remains PS4 exclusive is questionable.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@New_Guest It's not compatible, the only Wii U accessories compatible with Switch are the Gamecube adapter and controller that came with Smash Wii U as well as amiibo in certain games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

With the right adapter, most controllers work on Switch. It's quite brilliant.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

NEStalgia

@1UP_MARIO DeOxit is the only contact cleaner I'd really trust. A WD40 branded contact cleaner in a giant can just sounds like trouble. DeOxit is tried & true. That said, the stick drift on the Joycons isn't usually a loss of conductivity across contacts, it's the potentiometer spring (or a hard contaminant like hair in the way.)

@JaxonH Sounds like you already figured it out, but, yeah, just to confirm, if the files match, you can't re-download or upload - it matches, so there's no point. That's why it's "auto" save Though I don't understand why Nintendo made save/restore so manual when going to a different Switch. XBox just "works" and automatically grabs the cloud save if it's newer when you launch (though XBox has a history system that retains multiple historical saves just in case - there's al ot of menus to go through but they're there.) Playstation does it's own thing and "sort of automatically does it unless it doesn't." But on Switch any time you use a different Switch and start a game, it just starts its own save and the cloud save page shows the cloud one is newer...you have to manually download it when you launch. shrug [Insert "Nintendo doesn't get the Internet" quip here]

@Knuckles-Fajita Funny how Squeenix favors Playstation, yet Nintendo does much better advertising than they do for their games. DQXI was sent to die on PS. Square didn't care to market it much. Nintendo's making it a big release as though it never even existed on PS4

NEStalgia

JaxonH

I noticed DQ Builders 2 was grossly outselling the PS4 version on Amazon US by over 100 rankings. And given it sold more in Japan even, I'd say that's quite telling in terms of the state of the Switch market right now.

This despite the paid PS-exclusive marketing that only showed PS logos on the Square Enix advertisements, and PS-exclusive preorder bonuses at Gamestop...

Also noticed Attack On Titan 2 Final Battle outperformed on Switch in Japan last week as well. Not by too much, but the fact Koei Tecmo Switch releases in Japan were, up until now, lucky to even chart in the top fifty, its refreshing to see the tables finally turn.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

darkfenrir

Man, there's still so many dramas over the DQXI S though, especially about nearly everything the Switch got as added content (Especially about the orchestral OST)

darkfenrir

JaxonH

PS gets so much exclusive stuff and games first, often due to paid exclusivity contracts and deals preventing games releasing elsewhere for a year, or at all, or if they do there'll be exclusive content. There's not actually a problem, fans are just so used to winning they dont know how to take losing now that Switch is starting to get some love. That's how rjejr put it anyways, and I think he was dead on.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

darkfenrir

Same, but hory shoot do people really get up in arms about it (beyond some people that happily triple dips). Just spent a few hours just listening to DQXI's review to hype myself up for the release at September... Can't it come faster lol

Really hype for the more ridable monster too, DQ's monsters have always been something I love to look at. They are very cute.

darkfenrir

Toy_Link

@JaxonH I’ve seen some DQB2 advertising that only has the Nintendo Switch logo, probably has something to do with game having two different publishers (Nintendo for Switch and Square Enix for PS4)

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

JaxonH

Not sure about other regions but in NA, it says Square Enix on the cover

Untitled

But I know they've published in the past. Either way it's still SE game and it wouldn't hurt them to also put Switch on their ads. Even if Nintendo was publishing, its ultimately SE game and it's in their interest to advertise both.

Haruki_NLI

I wonder how long Nintendo has publishing Square Enix stuff for them, at least in the West.

And yeah this weird marketing split is odd. Square rarely pushes DQ and when it does it's like Switch doesn't exist.

But when Nintendo pushes it you hear about it, and it's like the other versions don't exist.

Hell what dominated the stories off 11 were the Switch version being MIA.

Still it shows being loud pays off. The Switch version is selling better and that's free money for Square since Nintendo is publishing.

Eel

@New_Guest sorry, I don’t really have it myself. I just know about it since it had an article here back then when it was new.

I do own an 8bitdo controller, and it’s perfect.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

Seems 8bitdo is releasing a new Switch controller with

Wireless
Rechargeable battery
Gyro
Rumble
Analog triggers
Customizable buttons
Customizable analog sensitivity
Separate profiles to save per game
$49.99 price

I can map right analog in Trials Rising to the analog trigger shoulder button, then save it as a profile for that one game...

preordered

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic