Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,581 to 41,600 of 69,991

Eel

Mine is the one that looks like an snes controller.

It’s got all it needs to work on the switch, the only thing it can’t do is turn on the console remotely.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JaxonH

@GrumbleVolcano

DQXIS probably won't outsell just because the PS4 and 3DS versions already penetrated the JP market with over 2 million units sold combined. And this is releasing 2 years later.

In the west it has a chance though, given its 12 months and 3DS version never released here.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

KryptoniteKrunch

New_Guest wrote:

Im thinking about getting a Wii U pro controller

Does anyone know if its compatible with the Switch?

Yeah, you just need the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter. It's only about $20 on Amazon and you can also use 360, X1, PS3 and PS4 controllers on Switch. But yeah, I use the Wii U pro on Switch all the time and it works great. I dont notice any input lag on anything. Only downside is no gyro and no amiibo support.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Ralizah

@New_Guest I use the 8bitdo Wireless Bluetooth Adapter. I was just playing Splatoon earlier with a Dualshock 4 (with gyro, no less). I believe the Wii U Pro also works with it.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH It's hard to say how DQXI S will sell.

On one hand, that marketing push from Nintendo is insane, and of course Smash will help immensely. Plus the fact its been two years in Japan may be a good incentive for them to double dip, but they also already had a portable release, but it does come right after Switch Lite launches, so that may be a huge boon too.

I imagine this will do better in the West, mostly because its the first portable release, and has that marketing push, now whether it will outsell PS4, well we can see via sales of Builders 1 and 2 even in smaller markets that the interest in DQ on Switch is there, so maybe?

Japan is going to be this weird anomaly to watch.

Of course, its also Japan and Dragon Quest. At its most basic level this thing hits 1m.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

1UP_MARIO

@NEStalgia I think they are just the same thing with a different name. Tried searching deoxit and always get wd40 quick dry electrical contact cleaner. Maybe they just don’t sell it here in the uk. Also I don’t know about deoxit but wd40 does come with a small thin straw attached which makes it really easy to apply the solution with precision. I know it’s temporary but it’s a really cheap fix and it’s been great so far.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

DenDen

@JaxonH
Where can I pre order this?

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BenGrimm

@gcunit

Will have to try that next. I’ve seen a few mentions of it on other sites, especially after the last update. Also first DLC character Shang Tsung is impossible to finish game with as it crashes every time I start the second phase of the boss fight.

BenGrimm

Flipinout2

I’m seeing a lot of “replacement” switch’s on eBay I want a switch but don’t want to pay $300 for one could I get one of these replacements instead?

Flipinout2

HobbitGamer

@Flipinout2 What do you mean by “Replacement”...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@1UP_MARIO They're not the same product. That doesn't mean the WD40 is a "bad" product...but it's definitely not what most electronics techs are using, and WD40 has a bad habit of misrepresenting their products for purposes they're not really ideal for (the main WD40 product is a water expeller...not a lubricant at all....but they've convinced everyone it's an all purpose lubricant. Similarly their 3-in-1 oil is an excellent rust penetrant and rust protectant, but it's the last thing one should ever use as lubricant (right above WD40 itself) - both products effectively form a gummy mess, requiring more and more to maintain lubricant as they bind together. Good products for what they were originally designed for. But their marketing department made a lot of money selling stuff for applications it wasn't designed for, and is often counterproductive for.

That said, WD40 silicone spray is quite good, and everyone should have a can of WD40 regular....it's the best water expellant and rust preventer around! But they nee to stop telling people it's a lubricant. It's the opposite, it increases friction once it dries.

No idea if WD40's contact cleaner is good or not.....just one of those things I don't take chances with. Deoxit is sold in multiple formulations (from 5% up through 100% solvent depending on application and aggressiveness desired/evaporation rate (5% evaporates fast, it's mostly alcohol, 100% sits as a liquid a little while.) And they make spray applicators, needle dropper applicators, and brush applicators. Plus a few formulations - the basic cleaner/lubricant, the one meant for GOLD contacts (I.E. Joycons....) and a harsh environment heavy conditioner, (not really needed on Switch but if you have a joycon OPEN it may not hurt!

Anyway, your stuff might be just fine, I haven't used it...but I'd always recommend the purpose made stuff if it came down to it.

The Caig products are sold in the UK, I just checked amazon.co.uk, but it's not Prime fulfilled and it seems priced exceptionally high (may be cheaper elsewhere.) Not sure why it's so pricy. Though a bottle of that stuff will outlive you unless you're using it daily for trade purposes

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@DenDen
8bitdo Super Switch Controller

@Knuckles-Fajita
I'd be thrilled to see it hit 1m in Japan. I'm expecting 250k in Japan, and at least 500k in the west. Which, it may surprise and do more. If MHGenUlt can hit 1 mil in the west, maybe DQXIS can too.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Toy_Link

@JaxonH Listing on the EShop shows it was published by Nintendo.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Grumblevolcano

@Galarian_Lassie Also only games published by Nintendo are part of the game voucher program.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

@NEStalgia wow. You’ve done your research. Opened up my email and was shocked by the wall of text 😉
It’s wd40 brand but it’s not really a lubricant like the regular which everyone has in their house. I’ll take a look on amazon uk but I still have enough joy-con fixing juice left for a while.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Flipinout2

@HobbitGamer like just the tablet without anything else if your confused just look up “switch replacement” on eBay

Flipinout2

NEStalgia

@1UP_MARIO Haha, I don't think many people on this site would be surprised seeing a wall of text from me

But yeah, if you've got it and it seems to be working, not particular reason to change. "If it ain't broke" and all that But for anyone else reading that will buy stuff. Go for the deoxit. Probably the 5% spray since you want quick evaporation in the Joycon. (I keep a bunch of 100% around for most things, but I have a can of 5% for this sort of thing!)

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@Flipinout2 So, just a Switch. No controllers, no cables, no dock? No, that’s not worth it at all, unless the thing is like $100 and you’re never going to play on tv.
That’s like buying a car without a motor or wheels. Sure, the radio will work. But you won’t go anywhere

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Flipinout2

@HobbitGamer i did find one for $120 that came with joycons I just figured it would be cheaper to get a “replacement tablet” and just get the dock and other stuff separately

Flipinout2

Magician

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

@JaxonH Listing on the EShop shows it was published by Nintendo.

It must be a publisher/distributor oddity? S-E represented on the cover art, while Nintendo is on the spine because Nintendo was responsible for the North American distribution of the game. Conversely, Lost Sphear and Final Fantasy XII have S-E on both the cover art and the spine.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic