Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,581 to 41,600 of 53,668

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH im thinking October but I'm just surprised they haven't come out and said it ya know

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Right. You’ll always be missing something unless you literally own every single console and platform on the market (including Apple’s new platform that’s getting a Sakaguchi exclusive, for example).

But there’s only so much time to play video games, and if Switch can continue to offer knockout exclusives up the wazoo, like really high quality exclusives such as we see this year and the previous 2 years, on top of a choice selection of some of the finest 3rd party titles, I really don’t think I’m going to use another console again (unless it’s Monster Hunter- I go where MH goes).

I like to fantasize about playing certain 3rd party titles on both Switch and a power console (like DOOM Eternal, for example) so I can enjoy the nice graphics. But I just can’t bring myself to buy the game on X1X when it doesn’t offer gyro. So I started thinking maybe I just need to convert over to PC so I can use the gyro STEAM offers. Drop 1500 bucks and get something top-of-the-line, then just upgrade it every 8 years treating it like a console. But truth is I probably wouldn’t even play that. Switch has me covered.

Still. I feel like I at least need one power console going into the next generation, be it PS5, Xbox 4 or PC. Just in case the occasional masterpiece drops that doesn’t come to Nintendo that I really want to play. I’m just not sure which one to get yet. I guess we’ll need more details first but, I’m really struggling to convince myself to buy anything other than a PC, though PS5 would probably make a lot of sense just given how many good exclusives they get. I guess we’ll just have to see how it goes

PLAYING
NS: Sniper Elite 4, Hyrule Warriors AoC, Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps
PC: MH World
PS5: Persona 4 Dancing
EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise, MH Stories 2, SMTV, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys IX, Neo TWEWY, Bravely Default 2

Jesus is Lord.

Luna_110

I'm glad we're getting Link's Awakening. Breath of the Wild is a great game, but I do like the style of classic Zelda better, and I hope we keep getting some game with it on the future (even if they're remakes).

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

iKhan

I'm surprised people criticize BOTW's dungeons so much. IMO they are some of the best dungeons in the series from a puzzle perspective. They take the idea of manipulating the physical structure of the dungeon to solve it, and go all out with it.

My only problem is their shorter length, and the lack of the great theming that Twilight Princess really did extraordinarily well. TP's dungeons always felt like they belonged in the world as something other than a dungeon.

@rallydefault
I think people are really asking is for games to leverage exploration more. That doesn't necessitate a game being completely open world. The first generation of Pokemon had a surprisingly good sense of exploration and was all corridors. Though speaking of Pokemon, a lot of people want that game to have a BOTW treatment because we feel it really fits the franchise well. And I agree with them, I think the ability to collect monsters and go on an adventure fits really well in an open world game.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

bestfancharles72

Which games from this year's E3 are we most excited for? I am most hyped for Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

bestfancharles72

Switch Friend Code: SW-8016-1421-3828 | 3DS Friend Code: 2938-6688-6641 | My Nintendo: mvowin5477 | Nintendo Network ID: wellspring969

Anti-Matter

@bestfancharles72
Well, so far my highest hype on Dragon Quest Builders 2 Switch & PS4 (96 from 100).

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Luna_110

That's a hard question....
But I do think I'm most excited for Astral Chain.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

bestfancharles72

@Anti-Matter Do you have a Wii U and a Nintendo Switch?
Add me on the Wii U.
My highest hype for me is Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

bestfancharles72

Switch Friend Code: SW-8016-1421-3828 | 3DS Friend Code: 2938-6688-6641 | My Nintendo: mvowin5477 | Nintendo Network ID: wellspring969

Anti-Matter

@bestfancharles72
I have BOTH wii U and Switch, but i rarely use my Wii U recently.

The things i LOVE :
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Eurobeat songs
3. Japan
4. Six pack dudes
5. Cute Chibi looking
6. Boxing & Kickboxing
7. Girly games
8. Life simulation games
9. White & Blue colors
10. Anthro animals

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HobbitGamer

Probably gonna be Luigi’s Mansion for me. That co-op feature sells it day one for me.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Toy_Link

@bestfancharles72
My top 5 is:
1. Super Mario Maker 2
2. Dragon Quest XI S
3. Astral Chain
4. Luigi’s Mansion 3
5. Trial of Mana Remake

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

JaxonH

Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, Luigi’s Mansion 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Pokémon Sword/Shield, Ni No Kuni, Doom Eternal.

I’m hyped for a lot of games shown this E3 that aren’t listed here (Mario Maker 2, Daemon X Machina, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Zelda Link’s Awakening, Panzer Dragoon, Witcher 3, Trials of Mana, Animal Crossing, DQ Builders 2, No More Heroes 3, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Breath of the Wild 2 which is too far off to hype much, God’s And Monsters), but these take the cake by far.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Sniper Elite 4, Hyrule Warriors AoC, Pikmin 3, Ori Will of the Wisps
PC: MH World
PS5: Persona 4 Dancing
EXCITED FOR
NS: MH Rise, MH Stories 2, SMTV, Trails of Cold Steel 4, Ys IX, Neo TWEWY, Bravely Default 2

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Top 5 for me:
1. Super Mario Maker 2
2. Panzer Dragoon
3. Astral Chain
4. Fire Emblem Three Houses
5. Link's Awakening

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Xyphon22

@iKhan I completely agree. I loved BotW dungeons (not quite on the level of TP, but those are the best in the series). They were basically four gigantic puzzles, and I thought they were great. There was a lack of enemies or overall danger which could have made them better, but I enjoy the puzzle elements of Zelda more than the combat. I also thought the bosses were great. Sure, they all looked the same, but they furthered the puzzle elements in how to fight them. I just wanted more than four.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

darkfenrir

Top 5:
1. Astral Chain
2. Dragon Quest XI S
3. Trials of Mana
4. Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin
5. Luigi's Mansion 3

Coincidentally all are games I want to buy as well

darkfenrir

Therad

JaxonH wrote:

@Ralizah
Right. You’ll always be missing something unless you literally own every single console and platform on the market (including Apple’s new platform that’s getting a Sakaguchi exclusive, for example).

But there’s only so much time to play video games, and if Switch can continue to offer knockout exclusives up the wazoo, like really high quality exclusives such as we see this year and the previous 2 years, on top of a choice selection of some of the finest 3rd party titles, I really don’t think I’m going to use another console again (unless it’s Monster Hunter- I go where MH goes).

I like to fantasize about playing certain 3rd party titles on both Switch and a power console (like DOOM Eternal, for example) so I can enjoy the nice graphics. But I just can’t bring myself to buy the game on X1X when it doesn’t offer gyro. So I started thinking maybe I just need to convert over to PC so I can use the gyro STEAM offers. Drop 1500 bucks and get something top-of-the-line, then just upgrade it every 8 years treating it like a console. But truth is I probably wouldn’t even play that. Switch has me covered.

Still. I feel like I at least need one power console going into the next generation, be it PS5, Xbox 4 or PC. Just in case the occasional masterpiece drops that doesn’t come to Nintendo that I really want to play. I’m just not sure which one to get yet. I guess we’ll need more details first but, I’m really struggling to convince myself to buy anything other than a PC, though PS5 would probably make a lot of sense just given how many good exclusives they get. I guess we’ll just have to see how it goes

Seeing your love for fire emblem, I would say PC is the way to go. No other platform comes anywhere near the PC when it comes to strategy. PCs usually have better CPUs as well, making simulators such as cities skylines better, especially in the later stages.

Mouse+keyboard is usually a better pick as well with those games. The switch seems to cover all other genres well, so unless you want the exclusives from PlayStation or want a cheaper option, I say PC is the way to go.

Therad

Tangerine

I may have to buy a ps4 pro or xbox one x to play Cyberpunk 2077 when it comes out. Switch and New 2DS XL are the only consoles I currently own. There are more than enough games in my backlog to keep me busy for a LONG time. But still... I really want to play Cyberpunk! Maybe I could hold out till the next gen of xbox and playstation in the hope they will release an even more gorgeous version of it for those platforms.

My 5 most anticipated switch games are:

Luigi's Mansion
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem
Zelda Links Awakening
Mario Maker 2

(Pokemon Sword/Shield is number 6!)

Tangerine

BruceCM

bestfancharles72 wrote:

Which games from this year's E3 are we most excited for?

Witcher 3, Ni No Kuni 1 & 2, Dark Crystal Tactics & FFVIII remaster, as those are the new & all unexpected announcements
Still hyped for FE 3H, DQXI S, Astral Chain & liking God's & Monsters a lot, too... Got Last Remnant & pre-ordered Mana Collection physical. Will also be getting Trial of Mana remake

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Matthew010

bestfancharles72 wrote:

Which games from this year's E3 are we most excited for? I am most hyped for Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons and Breath of the Wild II.

Matthew010

redd214

Most anticipated switch hands from E3

Links Awakening
Marvel ultimate alliance 3
Mario Maker 2
Minecraft Dungeons
Lego Skywalker Saga

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic