Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 41,581 to 41,600 of 42,608

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Yeah so funny story. So I am a mythology buff in general but went on a Shinto Religion and Mythology binge in highschool for my International Baccalaureate dissertation. (I wrote 30pages plus a 10page appendix on the history and nature of Shinto and its impact on the Japanese social structure and psyche and this was before wikipedia was really a thing. I've read the Nihongi and Kojiki in their entirety) So a game about Shinto mythology might have been "too Japanese for the Japanese" (okami sold poorly upon first release domestically) but it was practically written for me. I'm also a fan of Clover and the humor of games like Viewtiful Joe so they couldn't have suckered me into buying it more if they tried. To make matters worse the shortening of names (while leaving the Japanese sign posts or names in the cut-scenes that were prints) used to drive me nuts so I started importing as well. Also the title is a pun so that tweaks the grammar nerd in me as well. So as of now I have:

PS2
PS3 (Japanese)
Wii
Windows
PS4 (although I just gave that away actually)
Switch (digital Japanese)
Switch (physical Japanese)
Not to mention the sound tracks...there are some very good Taiko beats and sometimes I'll play them on my nagado. And I got the f4f Amaterasu statue that you will see NEStalgia pick on me about from time to time.

I might have a problem...send help.

Wait you got the watches? Lucky duck...Amazon canceled mine. Pretty much soured me on using them for games.

Morpheel wrote:

I too hate it when developers assume I want to play their game in spanish just because my system is set to spanish, and then don't give me the option to change it in-game.

Yeah it is super annoying. Especially when I order a game in Japanese. I am sure some people like that but usually if I buy it in Japanese I want to play it in Japanese.

Edit: Autocorrect is being a butt today.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

I think with regards to pricing, it’s not the $10 that angers me (I drop $10 in the break room every morning on coffee, oatmeal and a burritski). It’s the principle of the matter that gets under my skin more than anything. It’s the fact they try to take advantage of me, all while not bringing the newer games they should be.

Now. Is it enough to make me not buy the game? Eh. Clearly not since I did pre-order them. As much as it sucks, standing on principle for this just isn’t something I care about more than playing the game. But I am sympathetic towards those willing to stand their ground. And I hope there’s enough of an uproar on social media to get Capcom’s attention. Especially about the motion controls. You wanna charge $10 more because it’s a harder system to port to and unlike the PS4/X1/PC triumvirate, you don’t get a 3 for 1 ROI? Fine. But it least include a few bells and whistle‘s to make people feel like they can justify it. Toss in motion and nobody would’ve complained. Really. They would’ve felt they’re getting their extra moneys worth. I mean, the fact it’s also a hybrid version in and of itself means the game is worth $40 to me ($20 console, $20 handheld) but that should be beside the point because that’s thanks to Nintendo, not Capcom.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Team Sonic Racing, Assassin’s Creed 3, Darksiders
PS4 / PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / GPDwin2 / Wii U / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

EvilLucario

Tbh even though I have RE4 on Steam, I think it'll be better if I just buy the Wii version on my Wii U. It seemed really odd to aim with on the PC and it threw me off, so maybe if I play it on the Wii U, it would feel a bit better somehow?

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Knuckles-Fajita

I wanna know how much DMC costs. If its even half the price of what the Trilogy cost at launch I aint in.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryu_Niiyama

I just wanna know if they have plans to port Dawn of Dreams... I think we will get the first 3 games but Dawn of Dreams is the red haired step-child.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

NintendoByNature

@Knuckles-Fajita we still don't know yet if it's physical or just digital right? Or do We know i can't remember. Digital only i can see it being $20. Physical.... prob $30

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@Ryu_Niiyama I got the watches by the skin of my teeth. Both times Amazon tried telling me they'd run out and couldn't fulfill my order (long AFTER I successfully ordered them, mind you). Interestingly, they somehow managed to find stock to send to me after some chat convos and phone calls. Some people think you need to be angry, but that's not actually true, and only really punishes poor customer support people in India. The trick is to be persistent and work your way up the chain of command until you get to someone with some level of authority.

Since you're a Japanese myth buff, have you played Ore no Shikabane wo Koete Yuke 2 on the Vita? It's interesting, and practically the only worthwhile exclusive left on the system.

Ralizah

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ralizah Played the demo to death actually pun intended. There was some reason I never bought it but I can’t remember what it is anymore. I may just snag that during an import binge. I will have to find my vita though.

Edit: While it is better to catch bees with honey rather than vinegar I don't have the time to fight my way up the chain. Honestly its the domestic support that I have had more problems with. Overseas support is chill. But I have been about ready to go through the phone on a few of my countrymen. Which is saying a lot because I try to be very very chill with phone reps.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

HobbitGamer

I must be in the minority around these parts when it comes to gyro in shooters. I tried on Fortnite and the Splatoon demo and I just confuse myself. I liked the aiming on Wii for things like RE4, Red Steel, and MoH Vanguard. Am I just doing gyro wrong? I see a lot of you enjoy it.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

IceClimbers

@NintendoByNature DMC will be digital only. Hopefully it's $20 and not $30.

If it's $20 I might consider getting it at launch. Then again I still have both Bayonettas to play through and I'll hopefully be playing a ton of the big summer releases by then so I might just hold off.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

@IceClimbers Well, I'd like to think it'll be $20 but re 0,1, and 4 say other wise. But then you have onimusha and revelations so who the hell knows

NintendoByNature

Therad

Anti-Matter wrote:

Btw, Pikmin is game about what ?

Eco terrorism. That is why all the hipsters likes it.

Therad

Therad

Ralizah wrote:

Octane wrote:

@NEStalgia At least Pikmin zealots believe in something fictional, so they're not really a threat.

I'd say the opposite. Mass conflicts are almost always ostensibly on behalf of something fictional, be it a fictional conception of the State as an entity that requires protecting, or a fictional, and almost mythical, conception of race, or any of the huge numbers of religious conflicts throughout history. Even war on behalf of protecting human rights is in the service of a fiction.

I guess you could point out that most of these conflicts are ACTUALLY about consolidation of control and resource acquisition, but if people really understood this in all its nakedness, there wouldn't be a lot of soldiers willing to fight and die for these conflicts.

It could be said that, at bottom, all meaningful human lives are oriented around and driven by service to the fictional. What are we left with otherwise? Sex, reproduction, labor, consumption, distraction, and death.

I would argue the conflicts are mostly about resources in some way or another, but the justification is often something fictional.

And I would argue that in todays world most labour is mostly fictional as well.

Therad

gcunit

I love it when chat gets meta, keep it up.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Therad

gcunit wrote:

I love it when chat gets meta, keep it up.

Nintendo Life is like a box of loot, you never know what you are going to get.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

FragRed

@Therad That explains why I have to keep entering my credit card details just to send a message on here. No wonder I am always broke.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

HobbitGamer

Therad wrote:

Nintendo Life is like a box of loot, you never know what you are going to get.

And just like a loot box, you know it’s going to cost you something that’s hard to quantify 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Anti-Matter

Life is sometimes like Pandora's Box.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Octane

Life is like Bubba's shrimp gumbo.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic