Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 17,541 to 17,560 of 70,099

Haruki_NLI

@Samus7Killer "Fake video games"?

Alright. Youve gone off the deep end buddy.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Krull

I think I need to close my eyes and stick my fingers in my ears, because there are way too many games coming up... SteamWorld Dig 2 and Mario Odyssey are must-haves, in my eyes, but I'm going to struggle not to buy Fifa and Axiom Verge. Thimbleweed Park is a toss-up between Switch and iOS (supposedly coming soon), and will come down to pricing and release dates.

Fortunately, I don't really get the musou thing, otherwise FE Warriors, DBX 2 and the One Piece game would all catch my eye.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Pazzo-TheFool

@Samus7Killer What do you mean by "fake game"?

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Ralizah

Fake games = indies and other low budget or niche games, I guess.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Pazzo-TheFool

@Octane Ah, Diamond. I remember it well.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

Nicolai

Hieronymus-E wrote:

@Samus7Killer What do you mean by "fake game"?

Things that seem like games at first but then you look closer and they're actually tacos. That's my guess.

The closest thing I can think of that is actually a fake game is the "quiet game" our parents would have us play. Or those online ads that have you answer a trivia question or shoot a target, but when you click on it, it actually downloads a virus onto your computer.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

MFD

@Octane I had that diamond, let me dial my Pokemon, and see if they care to visit. sees mon roll around hi there, shall we battle?

MFD

Octane

@UmniKnight Yup, it was so weird, you had to take their location into account and the time it took for them to travel to you. I've lost plenty of battles because half my party arrived too late.

I wonder if there any fan translations of the real Telefang games, I'd love to play those some day...

Octane

MFD

@KirbyTheVampire I heard from people that he was quite disrespectful in regards to the Switch, and tends to dismiss it due to wanting to push hardware. He was also saying he was looking for one, and had some games lined-up to play on it. Call me petty and spiteful, but we all get what we deserve (aka no Switch for Tabanta)

Edited on by MFD

MFD

KirbyTheVampire

@UmniKnight Doesn't surprise me. Plenty of AAA devs ridicule anything that isn't a PS4, Xbox One, or PC.

KirbyTheVampire

Samus7Killer

FFXV cant run on Switch..hence the joke.
Switch should get World of Final Fantasy... a much better game.

Samus7Killer

MFD

@KirbyTheVampire Heh... that saddens me truly. I may own a good PC, and I do appreciate nice graphics, but they'll always be 2ndary to gameplay for me. A fantastic look won't save boring gameplay.

MFD

EvilLucario

That said, everyone can appreciate some great graphics. I've been busy playing both XC1 and XCX in preparation for XC2 later this year and both of their really great graphics for the time really help make the experience more pleasing.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

MFD

@EvilLucario Sure, but they're meaningless if the gameplay is boring/annoying etc

Graphics to enhance great gameplay, not gameplay to enhance great graphics (like really bad combat sections in a very story driven narrative experience, "because gaem!'

MFD

EvilLucario

Oh definitely yes. A lot of my favorite games aren't considered graphical achievements. Like Super Metroid (2D platformer) and RuneScape (once browser MMO) and just recently Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (RPG, though I guess this was an achievement for the Wii? Not in general though).

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic