Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,921 to 15,940 of 69,981

blaisedinsd

I have left my 3DS systems in the car plenty and never had a problem. Sometimes you want it on the go but not always on your person. I haven't had issues with mine but strangely I have had several battery issues on my Wii U which obviously is never left in the car.

I do leave mine in the car at work but it is in a shady parking garage so I feel like that's ok.

I just want to be more mindful with the switch since it's a more expensive home console. It is nice to be able to play console games on lunch break.

SW-7087-5868-6390

OorWullie

Both Gunbarich and Strikers 1945 launched at a special introductory price of 500 yen which is around $4.50.The normal price will be 864 yen.$7.80.I hope this special price carries over to the west too.

@skywake I believe Gunbarich is on your Eshop already,Do you know how much it costs?

Edit: Both titles are now on the UK Eshop,Gunbarich is £5.99 while Strikers 1945 is £6.99.No discount for the west then. Never mind,I'll be buying both of them along with Aero Fighters 2.Sorry Retro City Rampage,you'll need to wait.As usual the work experience kid running the US Eshop hasn't got around to adding them yet.He or she has been too busy adding some new titles to the "coming soon" section,must have read my comments the other day.

Can anyone confirm if any of the Switch stands can hold it securely in portrait mode?

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

IceClimbers

@SLIGEACH_EIRE I think it's probably something to do with cartridge costs or production. Maybe they had difficulty with acquiring a larger cartridge?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Octane

@IceClimbers I thought 32 was the biggest one available. I assume they have to order them through Nintendo, so I don't think they can make their own.

Octane

OorWullie

Well I just bought Gunbarich off the US Eshop for $7.99.Strikers 1945 isn't available yet but going by the UK pricing,I assume it will cost $8.99.I had never even heard of Gunbarich till this morning but t's supposed to be a good little game so it's a nice surprise.Hopefully these games will be successful and we'll see loads of other classics with TATE mode.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

SLIGEACH_EIRE

There could be new cartridge sizes on the way. 64GB would be the logical conclusion, but it could be smaller, maybe 48GB. There's a few games on the way that won't fit on the current maximum. They are NBA 2K18, WWE 2K18, possibly FIFA 18(though probably not) and most surely Skyrim. I think the current sizes available are: 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and the maximum 32GB. 64GB would surely be expensive for the publishers and that could be passed onto the consumer. There's also only one place in town that publishers can buy these cartridges. Nintendo. Might they be on a waiting list?

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Octane

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Skyrim Remastered was around 22GB on Xbox One and PS4. FIFA 17 was 40GB, but that version came with the story mode, which I assume takes up a lot of assets. All of this is probably with minimal compressing too. They can all easily fit on a 32GB card.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Dear god one day its one thing and the next its the other.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SLIGEACH_EIRE

It's hard to gauge worldwide support by releasing another port, this time in Japan only. It seems 450,000 sales of USF2 for an overpriced, lazy, years old port wasn't enough to convince them.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Octane

Quotes are easier to read:

Capcom wrote:

Q. Following the sales results of Ultra Street Fighter II, what will Capcom’s approach to the Nintendo
Switch be going forward?

A. The Nintendo Switch seems to be doing very well, and we look forward to further growth in its
install base. Beginning with Monster Hunter XX (Double Cross) Nintendo Switch Ver. for Japan,
we are evaluating how we will support this platform in the future.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE But this will only show them Switch appetite in Japan...

Capcom....Capcom just....be logical.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Let's Play: Tumbleseed Four Peaks Update

The major overhaul of Tumbleseed is finally downloadable now for the Nintendo Switch! This update significantly alters the game by helping people more progressively get used to the mechanics with four "mini peaks" before you get to what was originally the only game in town that blended all zones together.

In addition the aura and quest systems have received a complete overhaul in order to make everything much more friendly and useful. While I thoroughly enjoyed the game before now more than ever I'd say it is worth picking up for a great and creative challenge of a game.

The difficulty adjustment should be a relief to a lot of people.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

IceClimbers

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Most of what Capcom puts out are old ports. They've released, what, 5 new games and a dozen old ports on PS4 and XB1?

Outside of Ace Attorney, I wouldn't expect any new games from Capcom unless Nintendo does a collab with them.

JaxonH

Said this in the other thread, I'll say it here. That statement is nothing newsworthy. They didn't say they're evaluating if they'd support Switch, they said how. They're already supporting the system. Ultra Street Fighter II, Monster Hunter XX, Resident Evil Revelations, RE Revelations 2... the system hasn't even been on the market half a year yet.

If you actually read the full transcript, you will see that they said they tailor each and every game released to the specific audience and platform that it's releasing on. Large game development companies don't stay in business by blindly dumping their entire catalog wholesale with reckless abandon. They watch and they observe and they take note of what types of games people play and like and want to buy. That's not news, that's just common sense. Capcom is just being honest about it, but I promise you there's not a developer out there that isn't doing the exact same thing, save Nintendo themselves- no, I take that back... even Nintendo does it (FE Awakening sold, they bring more FE games). And it's a continual process- ongoing...

Allow me to rephrase what they said...

"We've already begun supporting Switch, so now that we are supporting it, beginning with our next release we will be observing, taking notes and gathering data to see how best to determine which other games to bring." So for example, Street Fighter sold well. Don't be surprised if we get a port of Super Street Fighter IV. If RE Revelations games do well, don't be surprised if they port the entire series catalog like they're doing on PS4. If Monster Hunter XX exceeds expectations, they might decide to localize it.

@kkslider5552000
I think Master Blaster Zero has outsold Splinter Cell Blacklist and Watch Dogs combined lol

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

@kkslider5552000
I think Master Blaster Zero has outsold Splinter Cell Blacklist and Watch Dogs combined lol

I'm under the assumption that Watch Dogs Wii U made Black Ops 2 Wii U look like Black Ops 2 Xbox 360 in terms of sales. :V

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

IceClimbers

Honestly forgot Watch Dogs came out on Wii U. Game isn't very good anyways lol

kkslider5552000

remember when Ubisoft's game where the main character uses a touch screen to control things didn't use Wii U's touch screen to control things?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Reginald

I was under the impression that Sega are "testing" Sonic Mania's success, and opted for a digital release only as it would be a lot more cost effective. Unless they have a sudden surge of confidence in it, I doubt they would make plans now for a physical release before it is even out. I'm not going to take that listing as factual.

Reginald

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic