Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 15,881 to 15,900 of 70,011

JaxonH

Arms will have legs... just like Splatoon 2.

Obviously Splatoon 2 just came out, it's a super hot game, and people are enjoying it ATM. But while Splatoon 2 shines in multiplayer, there's only so much you can get out of the single player. Whereas Arms is perfect for single player. I could play that Grand Prix over and over, use different characters, try higher difficulties, do some 1 vs 100, etc and never get tired of it. So ya, Splatoon 2 is getting the attention right now (and deservedly so), but Arms is still the go to game for a quick round or two when you're not at home.

And that's the best thing about the Switch- Games for at home and games for on the go and obviously all games can work in either situation but some are more suited to one then the other, or at least more evenly split (like Arms). I can play Splatoon 2 at work because I have Verizon whose hotspot works for gaming, and I do actually do that sometimes, but not everyone will have Verizon and I won't always want to play Splatoon 2 when I'm at work.

On another note, got an email saying my Real Arcade Pro V: Hayabusa fight stick has been delayed..... ya.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OorWullie

ARMS will be the first game I show off to my friends when I'm back in Scotland at the end of the month.Just like so many on NL and around the web,they're dismissing it as a shallow waggle your controller fighting game even though I've tried to convince them otherwise.I think it's a game you really need to see for yourself but when you do,how could you not want to play it.There is really nothing else quite like it.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Grumblevolcano

Capcom have announced Resident Evil Revelations 1+2 for Switch!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Zyrac

I'm tired of hearing that ARMS is dead. I'm tired of hearing that anything is dead. The 3DS is not dead. Miiverse is not dead. Smash 4 is not anywhere remotely close to dead. Everyone seriously needs to tighten their definition of "dead".

Zyrac

Twitter:

Zyrac

@Octane Reasonable, but given that it's still getting the odd eShop release and still has an online playerbase, I could argue it isn't.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Yasaal

@Zyrac Plus, they sometimes get a digital release once a month ever since the Switch launched.

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Octane

What happened to Harvest Moon?

Octane

NaviAndMii

Speaking of Stardew Valley - I've been doing a bit of digging & it seems that it's original scheduled release window on Switch (Summer 2017) has been pushed back and is now listed as a vague '2017' on the official Nintendo website...even if it does come this year, it seems unlikely that the big selling point - the (console) timed exclusive co-op mode - will be present at launch, unfortunately

According to this Game Informer article, the devs found that adding multiplayer to the game was more challenging than they had originally anticipated (having to rewrite over 15000 lines of code!) - and they're now hoping to run a beta test of the update on Steam by the end of the year - with the feature set to be rolled out out in full in 'early 2018' (first on PC/Mac/Linux, then on Switch, then other consoles in turn) ..so, looks like we'll be farming solo until it's ready!

Still, I'd rather they take their time to get it right - but I might delay picking the game up until the update goes live..

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

@NaviAndMii Seems like they underestimated. So I guess Switch loses one of its two selling points for that gane.

For every good bit of news for this system that we get there is a torrent of bad news.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

KirbyTheVampire

@NaviAndMii Pretty sure I saw on ConcernedApe's Twitter that the PC version of the game will get the multiplayer before the Switch does. Whether that means the Switch version will launch without the multiplayer or not is unclear, though. He might just release the multiplayer for PC soon and then have the Switch version launch later with the multiplayer included. https://twitter.com/concernedape/status/836667019931967488?la...

But yeah, Stardew Valley looks like it'll scratch the Harvest Moon itch far more than the actual Harvest Moon game will. The time I spent playing it was a lot of fun. One of the best games of 2016 IMO.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

IceClimbers

RE Revelations 1 & 2 coming to Switch is great news. Now give us UMvC3 Capcom!

Anyways, Peach Ball Senran Kagura got announced for Switch. It's a pinball game, and it has HD Rumble support.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

meleebrawler

@IceClimbers I really want something like that (or even better, a Nintendo crossover) on a Nintendo console... but on the other hand, Super Smash Bros. does kind of dominate the crossover market with an iron fist.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Ryu_Niiyama

Well I guess Natsume is getting better. I'll likely get Stardew to tide me over until Marvelous/Xseed wander over to the switch.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

blaisedinsd

Whats the general opinion on leaving your Switch in the car?

Worried a hot day might damage the battery or something. Is there any official temperature guidelines? Could this void your warranty?

SW-7087-5868-6390

Ryu_Niiyama

@blaisedinsd Extreme heat is never good for electronics and some companies don't honor heat damage. (I've not read Nintendo's warranty because I've not had service for a Nintendo system in 29 years so this is a general response) Of course if you mean for a few minutes while you go into a store it should be fine...but all day? I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Nicolai

IceClimbers wrote:

Anyways, Peach Ball Senran Kagura got announced for Switch. It's a pinball game, and it has HD Rumble support.

Dear Lord... dare I ask what serves as the pinball in this game?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic