Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 14,621 to 14,640 of 70,011

Octane

@MarcelRguez True, although we have no idea whether the teams were actually reshuffled or not. From what I recall, they moved the software and hardware departments closer to each other, I don't think it affected their development teams a lot. Anyway, the Pikmin producer, Shigefumi Hino, hasn't worked on anything since Super Mario Maker in 2015. I think that he and the people working under him can be considered part of the Pikmin team. Ever since the release of the first Pikmin, there have been people working on a new entry at Nintendo. So I have little reason to believe Miyamoto was making stuff up. It exists, it's probably delayed to pad out the summer or autumn of next year.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

MarcelRguez

@Octane Fair enough. I hope you're right, and if that's the case, it won't be part of the 'early 2018' lineup, yes. Q2/Q3 sounds good for a Pikmin game. I had my doubts, but they're filling that 'one big game per-month' schedule nicely. Droughting the Wii U surely helped in the long run.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

rallydefault

Am I the only person who just really doesn't care about Pikmin? I've played 2 and 3 fully (picked up 3 because well, if you were there on the Wii U at the time, there wasn't much else going on), though I had to force myself through both. It's one series I wouldn't care if it was lost to the sands of time.

I mean, if it came down to dev hours on Pikmin or basically ANY other franchise (FE, Metroid, Smash, heck even Animal Crossing or Mario Party), I would say "please work on the other franchise first." Anybody else feel the same?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

StuTwo

@rallydefault Well it's the internet - there'll always be someone who agrees with you!

Personally I really like Pikmin though. It's not the game I'd buy a new console for but I think it distils some of the essence of old RTS into a more palatable format. There's a reason that genre was once dominant on PCs - it has a solid progression loop rewarding long term strategic play.

Of course it's also a genre that demands a lot of players - which is one of the reasons why it's no longer the force it once was.

Pikmin is simpler than, say, Total War or Starcraft but it's still asks you to do a lot (and with time pressures too).

Where I think Pikmin really scores though is that it's a refreshingly different IP with a great sense of character and humour (one of the Nintendo series that could be easily spun into a Hollywood movie) and that it's really well designed. It often feels like an offshoot of Zelda: A Link to The Past to me.

I'm not convinced that we're getting Pikmin 4 but I'd like to see it.

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Spoony_Tech

@rallydefault Pikmin 3 was my top 5 Wii U game and for the longest time #1. Not everyone is going to like every game but at least you gave the series a try unlike some that just dismiss a game solely on appearance.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@rallydefault I mean, not everybody is going to like everything. For my part, I'd be happy if never got another Mario sports or Mario Party title.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@MarcelRguez I love MK, and don't consider it a sports title (is it?) I'm thinking of Mario Strikers, Mario Golf... that sort of thing.

JaxonH

Metroid Prime 4 is earth shattering, as is Pokemon. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 also looks like it'll be every bit as hype as Metroid. A real gem of a game. Metroid Return of Samsus is hype too, despite being on 3DS.

As for other platforms, Monster Hunter is hype, Skyrim VR, Spiderman, Shadow of the Colossus Remastered and Ori & the Will of the Wisps all exciting stuff. Definitely the standouts.

I'm really happy with this e3

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@JaxonH More like a Shadow of the Colossus remake it seems. Japan Studio is also involved, so I'm hoping they bring back some of the colossi that were cut from the final game. One can dream, right?

Octane

NEStalgia

@JaxonH You know you're a true Nintendo nerd when every game you list as being so hype on every platform are the ones that are outside niches in the broader market

My list is like yours, but MHW I'm far from hyped about, and Skyrim VR.....I'm much more looking forward to Skyrim Switch. VR just does not seem like a healthy thing to spend long marathon sessions with, and Skyrim encourages long marathon sessions. Actually I was kind of put out by the long VR segment at Sony. I expected it, but VR is just not there yet still. I'd much rather have seen gameplay from the 2D games rather than 60 second trailers.

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

I'd say so far this E3 has lived up to 2014. These are the games I want from it:

• ARMS
  • Splatoon 2
  • Pokken DX
  • Sonic Mania
  • Sonic Forces
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Metroid Return of Samus
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Kirby Switch
  • Yoshi Switch
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • Pokemon Switch
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Cuphead
  • Crackdown 3
  • Halo Wars 2 Flood expansion
  • Assassin's Creed Origins (maybe)
  • Mario Rabbids (maybe)
  • Xenoblade 2 (maybe)

November feels very empty though, I get the feeling Nintendo may be holding an announcement back. Either that or they're trying to give 3rd parties to chance to sell as November is pretty much big 3rd parties month.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

The games I see myself likely buying:

PC
Cuphead
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Battletech

Sony
Danganronpa V3 (on Vita)
Monster Hunter World (I'll probably grab it once the sting wears off)
SOTC Remaster
Yakuza Kiwami

Nintendo
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Metroid Prime 4
Super Mario Odyssey
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
Fire Emblem Warriors (on Switch)
Fire Emblem Switch
Pokemon on Switch
SMT V
Sonic Mania
Monster Hunter XX (if it ever comes over...)
Metroid: Samus Returns
Etrian Odyssey V
SMT: Strange Journey Redux
Lady Layton
Monster Hunter Stories

Edited on by Ralizah

IceClimbers

@JaxonH I'd say Dragon Ball FighterZ is another standout. That game looks hype. Of course I'm also a major Dragon Ball fan so yeah.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

DarkRula

Battlefront 2 I'm most definitely getting, same with Mario Odyssey. Everything else I'm interested in I'm in wait and see mode. The Crew 2 is looking to offer vehicular racing in more than just cars, Kirby Switch is something I can see myself getting even though I always say that about the games and never do. Beyond that are those that might gain my interest if they show more such as that Starlink from Ubisoft.

There could also be something from these next two days that takes my fancy. I was always going to be buying both Sonic titles before E3 anyway.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

erv

@rallydefault yes, you're the only one. The doctors gave up on you. There's no saving you if you don't like the awesomeness that is pikmin .

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

TuVictus

I'd never actively want any IP to get lost to time, especially not from Nintendo. They're not exactly brimming with games with RTS elements

TuVictus

zitpig

Therad wrote:

Octane wrote:

@Therad That doesn't really make sense though. Miyamoto was talking about Pikmin 4, and it's being developed by the Pikmin team. Hey! Pikmin is made by Arzest. Miyamoto also said last year that Pikmin 4 was currently a low priority project for Nintendo, suggesting it's still in development, but not a priority to finish right now.

I don't think they have a dedicated pikmin team... this seems to be a perfect series to give to another team.

And if they can show Kirby and Metroid prime, why couldn't they show off Pikmin 4, a title that has been nearly finished for 2 years? It doesn't make sense, unless there is no other pikmin than hey pikmin.

It does make sense that they didn't show it, because (I'm guessing) it doesn't actually exist on Switch as of yet.

My guess would be that when it was announced at E3 2015, Nintendo soon realised that the writing was on the wall for the WiiU and decided not to finish it. The team working on it was then moved to Switch Zelda, MarioKart, Arms and Splatoon and it's been left by internal teams to perhaps be used as a filler between larger releases at some point in the future (probably a quiet retail period).

I have no doubt that Pikmin 4 is not Hey! Pikmin. If Pikmin 4 was Hey! Pikmin, it would probably have released in 2016. This is all supposition and there are no grounds to support any of it! Nobody knows but Nintendo and they are never going to say what the truth really is!

zitpig

Octane

@zitpig

GameRant wrote:

After Shigeru Miyamoto confirmed that Pikmin 4 was “close to completion” during E3 2015, fans have been wondering just where and when it may end up. We were fortunate enough to have the chance to speak with Miyamoto during E3 2016, where we asked a medley of questions to the famed game creator. Curious about the lack of information on the latest Pikmin, however, we couldn’t help but inquire about the status of the project.

“Yes, you are right, and we’re working on [Pikmin 4]. So, you know, when we’re in development we have to create a list of priorities and it has been hard to kind of fit that into that list, but we’re hopefully starting to see that on the list now.”

Octane

zitpig

@Octane That's why I "Indeed"ed your quote - Pikmin is not a high priority for Nintendo, hence why I stated that the other Switch games might have taken away the dev team, which is kind of confirmed by your post.

zitpig

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic