Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 2,207

FishyS

@NintendoByNature You already own Bug Fables but haven't played it? Bug Fables is either quite good or slightly annoying depending on whether you like the humour/writing. I didn't love it but I still feel like it is worth trying.

Also, those 3 games are insanely different genres 😆 Normally I would say go for whichever genre you were in the mood for.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

NintendoByNature

@FishyS interesting. Everything I've read about it is nothing but high praise. Needless to say, I'm very interested in all 3 of these. Just not sure which route to take.

NintendoByNature

FishyS

@NintendoByNature I mean... the fact that people who didn't love it would still recommend it is high praise. No game is loved by everyone, but in some games it's pretty obvious how and why people would love the game even if you don't enjoy it much yourself.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

NintendoByNature

@FishyS for sure. I'll have to give it some thought. I'm in the mood for all of them!

NintendoByNature

sunny63

@NintendoByNature HK is incredibly good but IMO Bug Fables is the GOAT. Exciting story, lovable characters, and engaging battles and exploration. I didn't get HK's third ending either (I did finish the main ending and Sealed Siblings [is this too spoilery?]) , and IMO I've gotten all the enjoyment I want from that game.
No idea about BRCF, but Bug Fables is my favourite game of all time, and that title was previously held by Hollow Knight.

sunny63

NintendoByNature

@sunny63 sweet deal. I think I'll go with BF next. It looks like it's right up my alley.

NintendoByNature

TheExile285

I’ve got a voucher that’s gonna expire next month and I’m not sure what to use it on. Originally I was planning on redeeming it for Princess Peach Showtime or Another Code Recollection but changed my mind (gonna buy them physically and probably wait for a small discount at $40).
Already own a lot of Nintendo’s heavy hitters (Zelda TOTK, Pokémon Arceus/Scarlett/Violet, Splatoon, Kirby, Mario Odyssey/Wonder/Kart, etc) and also many of the comparatively niche stuff (Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, Astral Chain, Bayonetta, Metroid, DQXIS, etc.) so there’s nothing that’s an easy pick for me.
Looking at the list again, I was thinking maybe Advanced Wars, Pikimin 4, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond, Pokémon Snap, Tokyo Mirage Sessions or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 could work. Basically all games that I have some interest in but not enough to buy them at full price. There’s also Bayonetta Origins and Live a Live but I feel like I should probably buy those physically.

Any suggestions?

TheExile285

FishyS

(moving reply to this thread)

@TheExile285 Although I like Bayonetta Origins, it has been going on fairly regular sales for $40 recently so a voucher feels like a waste. Pokemon Snap I believe you can get for $40 physical right now. Personally I would have suggested Peach because I just used a voucher on it and love it. Of your list, Pikmin 4 is a good (and award winning) game which hasn't particularly been on sale in the US so that might be the most bang for your buck. There are only so many voucher-able games... I need to think of a second game to get later this year as well.

FishyS

Hoshiko

I’m currently playing through the Xenoblade series and just recently finished Xeno1. For as much as I loved it I feel like I need a palate cleanser before jumping into Xeno2, I adore big complex JRPGs but it’s easy for me to get burned out on them 😓

Something simple and lighthearted with not much of a story would be ideal, especially if it’s a 3D platformer, though I’ve already played most of the big ones on Switch.

Any suggestions would be appreciated ☺️

Currently playing: Zelda TotK, Xenoblade Chronicles, Splatoon 3

OctolingKing13

@Hoshiko the portal companion collection is amazing: good puzzles, funny writing, polished graphics, and 60fps. Portal 2 takes about 10 hours to beat and 1 only takes two. highly recommend, plus its $20 🙂

Taylor from Blank Space was my old pfp if anyone gets confused. this is tay from he latest album
I LOVE OCTO SHOT REPLICA
cats are the best

gcunit

My daughter is on the lookout for a game that's part farm-sim, part running a business, and part kind-of-tower-defence.

Little Dragons Café offers farming and running the cafe, but I don't think it has much, if any, threat involved.

I'm sure she'd probably enjoy the likes of Story of Seasons and Stardew Valley, but she's particularly into the idea of running a hotel/shop/cafe, and defending the community.

I'm not sure the perfect answer to her search is out there, but anyone got any ideas?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Allspice

@gcunit Maybe Moonlighter. It's an action RPG roguelite where your character also runs a shop. It has a demo she can try.

Allspice

Lazz

@TheExile285 probably too late, I believe vouchers will work on pre-orders. I have a voucher expiring in May and thinking of pre-ordering TTYD, I have never played it.

Nick

Xyphon22

@gcunit I recently finished up Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin, and that was a lot of fun. The "defense" part is side-scroller action rather than tower defense, and you don't run a full business rather than trying to grow the best rice to sell for the most money, but it might be worth a look if you haven't tried it.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Anti-Matter

gcunit wrote:

My daughter is on the lookout for a game that's part farm-sim, part running a business, and part kind-of-tower-defence.
Little Dragons Café offers farming and running the cafe, but I don't think it has much, if any, threat involved.

I'm sure she'd probably enjoy the likes of Story of Seasons and Stardew Valley, but she's particularly into the idea of running a hotel/shop/cafe, and defending the community.

I'm not sure the perfect answer to her search is out there, but anyone got any ideas?

My suggestions:

1. Lemon Cake (Bakery shop management)
Rated E Everyone / PEGI 3

2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 (Farming, hunting monsters, terraforming Minecraft style, furnishing house like The Sims, can play as Girl character)
Rated E10+ / PEGI 7

3. Paleo Pines (Farming sim with Dinosaurs, crafting and befriending other Dinosaurs, can play as Girl character)
Rated E Everyone / PEGI 3

Anti-Matter

jump

@gcunit That's a hard ask but maybe Kingdom Two Crowns? It's weak of the farming sim part but it's a resource management game where the King spends money to hire villagers to build things or grow crops with the goal of defending the kingdom.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@gcunit Business-sim and tower defense?

Sounds like we need a Switch port for Affogato.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

gcunit

@Allspice @Magician @jump @Anti-Matter Thank you for all your great suggestions.

I had already thought about Moonlighter, Dragon Quest Builders, and Sakuna. I've only actually played DQB of this three, despite being virtually Day 1 physical purchaser on Moonlighter and Sakuna. Not sure Moonlighter is 'cute' enough for my daughter, but I'll try to check it out more closely. Same goes for Kingdom Two Crowns.

I'd written off Sakuna in my ignorance due to its PEGI 16 rating, but I've looked it up and it's just because you can make saké or seems, so could still be a contender.

Affogato looks great. SWITCH PORT! SWITCH PORT!

I looked up Lemon Cake on Deku Deals, and then followed the 'what other players also liked' rabbit hole, which has also reminded me of lots of others with some appeal for her, I suspect, including Cat Café Manager, Ooblets, Potion Permit, Wytchwood, Mineko's Night Market.

But referring back to the original brief, possibly the closest match I've found is Bear & Breakfast. Got some mixed reviews, but I'm tempted to get the physical and see how it lands.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic