Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,741 to 1,760 of 2,200

Magician

captainkwakkie wrote:

lookin for something more like FE TH and/or XBC2

@captainkwakkie

Hmm, a Google search of "rpgs with romance options" shows that Divinity Original Sin 2 is a good one. It's one of the most critically acclaimed rpg games to have released in the past decade, although I haven't played it myself yet.
https://gamerant.com/best-rpg-romances-ranked/

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Losermagnet

Technically Disco Elysium isn't out on the Switch at the time of my post, but I started it recently on the PS5 and felt compelled to spread the good word. I've spent maybe 5 hours or so playing, and it is one of the most literary games I've played. It's like an RPG and a "choose your own adventure" novel hybrid. The prose vollies between nihilistic sociopolitical commentary and degenerate juvenalia (flipping the bird being referred to as your "f*** you fingers" was my favorite so far). My only gripe would be it's very slow moving, although that could just be me as i'm notoriously slow at playing games. Highly recommended for those of you who've enjoyed the likes of Hotel Dusk and Return of the Obra Dinn - keep an eye out for it if you dont mind heavy subject matter.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

ophone

I totally recommend Cuphead.
It's a hard game, I'm more than 25 hours in and still only at 74%. But what a feeling of satisfaction when I finally beat a boss. And the art style (graphics as music) are among the best I ever experienced in a game.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Supaguy

A few days ago I played “Creature in the Well” which I feel is very unknown compared to a lot of indies. It’s a short but very fun dungeon crawler that’s a mix of Diablo and Pong/Pinball as you attack by hitting projectiles at your opponent rather than directly. Unlike a lot of dungeon crawlers the levels aren’t randomly generated and each dungeon, though similar, has plenty of small puzzles and encounters to go through. Each weapon available is unique with a distinct ability and by endgame I was swapping them out depending on the situation, even the early game items had their use. All of this is wrapped up in a stylish 3D art style, intriguing story, and great atmosphere. I completed the game in 4.5 hours in one sitting because I couldn’t stop due to how fun and intense the game could be. Would definitely recommend when on sale as it also has some decent replay value.

Supaguy

silentlysilent

I have never played a castlevania game before. Though the castlevania advance collection looks pretty good. Are these games good?

silentlysilent

NintendoByNature

@silentlysilent it wouldn't be the worst idea to buy the anniversary collection since it's on sale for a fiver. Those are the traditional experiences that are actually rock solid. However, the advance games are really metroidvanias so it's a completely different collection of games/gameplay.

NintendoByNature

Jrpglover

Does anyone know if Devil may cry story is a continuation or is each game a separate story as I really want to buy/ play the 3rd but I find the original DMC controls really outdated and clunky

Jrpglover

WoomyNNYes

@Jrpglover I think you should be fine.😉 I haven't played dmc, but every movie and game series makes each entry so it can work as a standalone story/game because, they always want to grow their audience or customer base. Every time I've seen someone ask this question about any game series, the answer has always been the same.

If I've played a game series out of order, I've never regretted it. Avoiding older, more antiquated controls sounds like a fine reason to play the more modern entry.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Ubercrit

What are some good games like Star Fox 64 I could play on the switch? I’m looking forward to playing Sin and Punishment on NSO next month and I just preordered the Exzeus Collection but I want to know of some others out there

Ubercrit

SKTTR

@Ubercrit
STARLINK: BATTLE FOR ATLAS
and DAEMON X MACHINA.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Ubercrit

@SKTTR
Have them both and they’re awesome! I’m looking for more of an on rails, arcade like shooter. Something short and super replayable

Ubercrit

anynamereally

@Ubercrit if you're into linear arcade shooters then definitely take look at shoot'em ups galore on the eshop. Mostly short, can be played in quick sessions and they are somewhat replayable.
For example I really enjoyed Samurai Aces 2 (also known as Tengai), Sol Divide and Dragon Blaze. But that's just my taste, you can go to eshop and find something to your liking.

Edited on by anynamereally

anynamereally

Fighting_Game_Loser

@Ubercrit The ExZeus Collection is coming out pretty soon (if not today if I remember correctly) and it seems to be a super much Star Fox, Space Harrier and Panzer Dragoon inspired game

Fighting_Game_Loser

Switch Friend Code: SW-2139-9910-6119

Ubercrit

@Fighting_Game_Loser
Preordered Exzeus last night and I’m looking forward to playing it when I get off work. It looks great and it’s definitely the type of game that would scratch that Star Fox itch

Ubercrit

Fighting_Game_Loser

@Ubercrit Totally. When I watched gameplay it gave me a personal Planet Harriers vibe and anything that feels like a mid 90's to early 2000's Sega arcade game is always an A+ in my book

Edited on by Fighting_Game_Loser

Fighting_Game_Loser

Switch Friend Code: SW-2139-9910-6119

Cia

I'm about to get a new Switch this month. I gave Hollow Knight a try some time ago, after deciding to give it a second chance, and I really liked it despite my previous opinion. Should I buy the first game first or just wait for the Silksong?

Edited on by Cia

Cia

ophone

@Cia
Who knows how long it will take until Silksong gets released? No mention at this year's Nintendo E3 presentation, no mention in Nintendo's last Direct.
I'd buy the first game now in your place, it's one of the best games on the Switch I've played so far.

Edited on by ophone

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Gimli

Anyone who can recommend a 2D shooter, with has some kind of ekstra gameplay elements besiddes shooting. One of My alltime favorite shooter is the ancient ANCIPTAL (commodore 64), which had a tactical element in the Way you could regain your energy. Another very old classic is Wizball (also C64), where you had to colour the gameworld. I hope there is Someone out there, WHO knows What I'm talking about. The pure shmups game are a little limited in My opinion.

Graphics is only the cosmetic of gameplay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic