Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,721 to 1,740 of 2,193

TMNHertl

I am considering trying Ace Attorney Trilogy. I have never tried this kind of game but am incredibly curious. As someone who usually plays metroidvania's and fighting games do YOU think I should try this?

TMNHertl

ophone

I don't know.
But something I'm sure about is the fact that peeking into other genres can be quite refreshing. In general I'm more of a platformer and race games guy.

Edited on by ophone

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

Blooper987

@TMNHertl It's my favorite switch game honestly, so my answer may be a bit biased. But Yes you should definitely play it

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

TMNHertl

@Wargoose I only like bad stories. But I bought it anyway so will give it a go tonight.

TMNHertl

Wargoose

Anyone recommend a local multiplayer game that also has a good story. I was thinking about Children of Morta or the Trine Collection, any other suggestions.

Wargoose

WoomyNNYes

I'm having fun with the Nickelodeon Kart Racers 2 single player: grand prix cups, challenge mode, and beating the in-game time trials times. It's fun exploring/finding track shortcuts. It took bit to get used to how the karts turn when they drift, but I'm getting it. Time trials is where I got used how the karts turn when they drift. It's blantantly obvious there's a LOT of crash team racing/sonic racing/mario kart inspiration, but that's not a bad thing - they're amusing/cool touches track design/music choices.

Tracks load in like 15 seconds. Not bad!

This game is underrated.
(Note, after 300 hours in Mario Kart 8 and Crash Team Racing, I welcome new kart racing content, and this hits the spot while Nintendo sits on their duff with the Mario Kart series console content.)

I got the game on sale for $19.99 at best buy last week(sale ended).

edit: I unlocked a 200cc type class. It works well, quite similar to MK8. It's fun.
edit: the Jojo Siwa track "DREAM" has a clever shortcut. I laughed quite a bit when I discovered it. I love it! lol.

Untitled

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Magician

After reading that Undermine has a memory leak since patch 1.2 on Switch, I've decided to skip that in favor of using my gold on coins on 20XX instead. I'm already 70/30 on that choice considering its rating on opencritic, but I was curious if anyone around these parts had an opinion on it.

Mega Man + roguelike? Sounds right up my alley.
https://opencritic.com/game/4748/20xx

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

dmcc0

@damien33ad I haven't played it, but the Switch port is generally considered to be pretty awful. Bad enough that I've seen it compared in other reviews along the lines of "It's not as bad as Ark Survival Evolved, but it's pretty bad". Hardly a ringing endorsement. Have you read the NintendoLife Review? 4/10

dmcc0

Magician

@damien33ad

Ark on Switch was one of those legendarily bad ports at launch. N64-quality textures. If you haven't already, you should consider the Switch ports of Turok and Turok 2. They're both excellent, better than the original releases, some of Nightdive Studio's best work.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

TheFrenchiestFry

ARK isn't even good on other consoles. I have no idea why they were so compelled to port this to Switch if they can't even optimize it properly for PS4 and especially Xbox One

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Magician

With gold coins to burn I couldn't say "no" to the Bleed 1&2 bundle while it's marked down 85% on the Murican eShop. Two great run'n'gun shmups. Recommended.

Kanbei

Just want to recommend Ys VIII to anyone to likes RPGs or action games. It has a great combat system, great memorable characters, and a good story. I am so happy to have discover this series, as Ys Origin was great too, although different.

Nintendo ID: BeeBindy
Switch Friend Code:
SW-1496-0942-9208
Discord: BeeBindy #7636

PSVR_lover

Kanbei wrote:

Just want to recommend Ys VIII to anyone to likes RPGs or action games. It has a great combat system, great memorable characters, and a good story. I am so happy to have discover this series, as Ys Origin was great too, although different.

That’s a great recommendation, I’ll have to look into buying this game.

The PSVR is the best VR system on the market today.

Kanbei

@PSVR_lover Great, let me know what you think! It has gone on sale on the eShop for $20US twice recently.

Nintendo ID: BeeBindy
Switch Friend Code:
SW-1496-0942-9208
Discord: BeeBindy #7636

captainkwakkie

I am looking for (j)rpg(like) type games for my switch, I have played games like:
XBC 2
Fe: three houses
YS 8 (Dana top tier waifu)
Valkyria chronicles

(I have played skyrim and the witcher, and would prefer something like the romance in the witcher)

I really enjoy games with A romantic subplot for the MC wich are rare sadly, but hopefully you can recommend some you know. TY in advance

captainkwakkie

Magician

@captainkwakkie

Mmm, if you're hunting for waifu how about Moero Crystal and/or Moero Chronicle?

Introduce a little..."culture"...into your rotation of rpg games.

Vortexeo

@captainkwakkie Have you tried Ys 9 or Xenoblade Chronicles DE? You might like those if you enjoyed XC2 and Ys 8. Dragon Quest 11 is one of the best JRPGs on the system imo. It has some romance options but it isn't until the end game iirc.

Add me on switch if you like Xenoblade :)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3720-5613-4522

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic