Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,321 to 10,340 of 15,210

TuVictus

I'm in my first major, wet, temple and I'm legitimately stumped. This game kicks my butt way more than any game before it

TuVictus

Dezzy

I must be one of the only people whose played this without dying that much.
I've only died to enemies like 5 times or something.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Undead_terror

So I went and got all flash backs, a epic quest happened earlier.

I'm no where near ready for the end of the game, got the master sword, but only one beast finished, but I wanted to get a flashback, I literally was knocking on Ganons door, pizza order is here, but that was not where the flashback location was, so I was able to dodge and avoid a lot of super hard enemies, it was nuts, I really dunno why a flashback location would be at the end of the game, you need all 12 to be able to get the last flashback which Impa shows.

Welp, now I continue my journey.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

FGPackers

Unfortunately joy-cons don't charge while attached to the dock when Switch is off or in sleep mode. Now i'm charging them with Switch on (i have because the right one was almost without charge and i didn't buy a charging grip), in the afternoon i'll start Zelda!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Henmii

@Tsurii,

Oh, you seem to be right. The descriptions for already found stuff, they stopped.

I must say I also like the towns. The way you enter them, the way they feel, it all feels so natural. I can only imagine creating such a big world with so many people, and it all works, must have been a pain. But so far, really impressive!!

Henmii

Eric258

@Joeynator3000 I got jump-scared because of lightning too! The thing is, it was my first thunderstorm in the game and I just stood there for a while. I really wanted to see the lightning and get some screenshots, so I waited. I guess I got so excited and so immersed that I kinda jumped out of my bean bag when it actually happened! I've also gotten jump-scared simply by turning around to find an enemy behind me. I'd be so focused on gathering materials and exploring that I'd forget about the skeleton things that can just pop out of the ground. Seriously, I hate those things! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

jump

The game is absolutely fantastic but I do have 2 issues that aren't the common open world FPS drop thing. The horses don't really add much to the game since I find myself preferring gliding for fast travel or walking to check things out and death is now acceptable to the gameplay which is a major turn in the series where before you'd do your best to avoid it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Wavetactic

@jump I agree with the horse. 20 hours in I just finally got my own and find myself climbing and gliding.

The whole death thing, I have actually been talking to my roommate about this as he has his own switch and about double my play time. His initial impression was that this game is extremely unforgiving. I actually think the game is pretty forgiving, but its also fairly difficult. And personally, I think it works really well. If it was difficult and unforgiving this would either be more annoying than enjoyable or just asnother dark souls.

P.S. it would also be pretty crappy to to punish people for exploring.
"Explores, Get one shot by enemy, Cries"

This information was outdated.
So Now I got to think what to add here!

Grandpa_Pixel

After playing this for a while I have my own views and I have to admit is really fantastic. Albeit very tough. Hard but fair.

However, it is not without issues. For the most part, the game is pretty easy puzzle wise. Nothing that makes your head hurt but more a "ah so that is how you do it". But for me the worst part are the Statis rock throwing puzzles. They to me seem to be purely pot luck and I spent 3 hours last night on a really hard one. Most of them take 10 minutes. It's not a big flaw but the difficulty can swerve very easily. I solved the puzzle today by using all my Amiibo for the chests to act as a net to catch the rock

Also the rain. The rain might be the most frustrating part of the game. Especially in a game that promotes rock climbing.

But overall I love this game and it is definitely my best Zelda of all time (currently). Oh and the music for Divine Beast Ruta...wowsa.

Grandpa_Pixel

Haru17

Grandpa_Pixel wrote:

I solved the puzzle today by using all my Amiibo for the chests to act as a net to catch the rock

That is the dirtiest sentence I have ever read in my entire life XD. To be fair, Nintendo is being pretty dirty themselves with the amiibo and the expensive and expansive collection of cosmetic gear they unlock.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Octane

@Maxz @Operative2-0
The water dungeon is absolutely amazing, right? I can only imagine what the others will be like. They don't feel like traditional dungeons, their design is a lot more open, but in a way they're just as good. And maybe even better in the context of this game. I love the idea of controlling those giant automata. At first I thought the idea of a giant elephant was a bit silly, but it looks pretty awesome now he stands on that rock firing a laser at Hyrule Castle.

Octane

Grandpa_Pixel

@Haru17 LOL it's only dirty if it failed. Now I have my Korok seed. And looking back does not feel worth the 3 hours I put into it lol

@Octane Also can we appreciate every single piece of music for that place right? It was an absolute delight!

Grandpa_Pixel

Octane

@Grandpa_Pixel I should pay more attention to the music then, I can't remember it unfortunately.

Octane

jump

Does anyone know if the BOTW Link and Zelda Amiibo work in Smash Bros?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

@Tsurii I'm on my way to the second one at Death Mountain, do all of them take this much preparation? I'm grinding for rupees currently...

Octane

Nicolai

Dezzy wrote:

I must be one of the only people whose played this without dying that much.
I've only died to enemies like 5 times or something.

Pretty understandable considering you can indefinitely eat food as long as you don't get one-shotted. But it depends on how you play, really. Me, I'm constantly putting myself in really threatening situations just to see if I can do it; plus, I don't have that many heart pieces yet.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Grandpa_Pixel

@Nicolai Nicolai is spot on. I died less than 10 times at the start but since then learnt my limits and have since been focusing on the Korok Seeds and Shrines. Currently at 230+ 30+ respectively. Mainly because they fix up my three issues with Link at the moment.

Grandpa_Pixel

Grumblevolcano

I've died too often like I tried to beat one of those centaur enemies but it was like instadeath.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

Trials that involve fire are stupidly easy if you have a couple of fire arrows...

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic