Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,301 to 10,320 of 15,210

shani

@Julius_Senpai Oh yeah, I knew that back then, but I had the torch anyway so I used it. But you're right, the torch is really useless.
@Mintendo: You mean their looks? I haven't noticed that. But she definitely looks different from the old Impa in SS if I remember correctly.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

FGPackers

Tomorrow i'll finally start Zelda and i will do it in Pro mode. Any of you playing it like this?

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

TheXReturns

@Shani You cn use the Korok leaves on some of the rafts that are lying about, I think. I know they're certainly good for launching you into the air if you can make an updraft (like when trying to escape a fire). I've found I needed a torch for a few of the side missions, but not enough that it's worth it to constantly have one in my inventory, hence why I have to keep going looking for one..

My previous attempts to light my own fires have left much to be desired (note to self: since when was setting a fire right under a tree, with large patches of tall grass about a good idea?) so I tend to stick to prebuilt fires now. Safer that way.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

shani

TheXReturns wrote:

(note to self: since when was setting a fire right under a tree, with large patches of tall grass about a good idea?)

Sorry but that just made me laugh. 😆

Yeah, the rafts, I have seen them but so far there was only one situation where I actually wanted to use one (and of course I didn't have a Korok Leaf with me, despite the fact that I always carried one with me on my first day). I'm getting by pretty well without them. And I didn't need a fire often either, maybe 2 or 3 times.
So I understand why you don't carry them around either, but I never bothered looking for them but teleported instantly or just did something else.

Btw you can also create an updraft with a fire. ^^

Oh yeah, another minor thing that bothers me: why can't Link dive like he did in previous games? Or am I just missing the right equipment?

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

MrMeowPuss

After you get the paraglider, how far in the main area do you have to go before you encounter a horse? I so eager to get one after reading all the stories on here haha

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Octane

@blaisedinsd Beat the dungeon first, it's very Zelda in a way. I had the same feeling until I beat the dungeon.

Octane

MrMeowPuss

@Meowpheel ok thank you I can see myself spending a few days straight finding the perfect horse...

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

So I saw a shrine on top of a nearby cliff, and decided to make that my next priority. I ran down a hill and two guardians appeared out of nowhere! Needless to say, the guardians had an easy victory, especially since I still only have three hearts. I won't be completing that shrine for awhile! XD

I haven't seen more than one guardian in a given area until then... not that I'm complaining. I love the difficulty! lol This game keeps getting better!

@MrMeow13 There are also a few horses near Kakariko Village.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Joeynator3000

...Lightning is just as scary as real lightning in this game...got jumpscared by a bolt right in front of me. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

AlexSays

I ported to a tower and immediately got struck by lightning which sent me flying off the tower to my death.

Never had has many lolwth moments as I've had in this game.

AlexSays

LzWinky

Why did you post the links when we can see them anyway?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Gold_Ranger

They only only show up as links on my end. I thought they'd be images.

Gold_Ranger

Maxz

Oh man, I've just done the wettest section of the game and jeezy flipping crumpets that Divine Beast is something else. That probably the whackest puzzling I've ever seen in a Zelda game. I walked in, and I was like "pah, a big room with a mini enemy in it, nothing new here" and then left screaming "this is an indescribable marvel of puzzle design aaah!". It's on another level. You're in the elephant, but you can control the trunk outside of the elephant, which blasts a stream of water back into the element, which allows you get get high enough to get out of the elephant onto the trunk, which can is then bent to allow you to get back into the elephant at a higher point, from within which you can open up the surface of the elephant, and allow more water into it and... Aah!.

I've always thought of Zelda games as almost being their own genre. Yes, you could call them 'action-adventure' games or similar, but there's never been anything that feels quite the same.

Anyway, if past titles fell into the genre of 'Zelda', this is "prog-Zelda". It really is something else. I think there's a hefty dosage of 'Zack and Wiki' that make most of them experiences feel more cerebral. But you don't have to play like that if you don't want; you're very welcome to just charge everything like a Viking with mad cow disease. Zack and Wiki just spat on you if you played it like anything other than the way Zack and Wiki wanted. Which is... fair enough really - it is a puzzle game - but I still didn't really like it.

The video clips are the only disappointment for me. Past Zelda games has left enough to the imagination that you can fill the characters up with your own interpretation. I find it somewhat breaks the illusion of fantasy if you start pinning characters down to voices you would never have associated with them. It's ultimately a minor gripe, and largely fixed by turning down the volume, but it's there.

Anyway, I'm glad to have hit such a landmark. I feel I can play the game in a more normal manner now. As in, not losing stupid amounts of sleep because I want to play it all the time.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

veeflames

Might as well be staring at a completely black screen since for the last couple of pages all I've been seeing is those black spoiler tags everywhere.
Yes, I'm sulking.
I wanna use spoiler tags too lel

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Dezzy

The only disappointing thing so far in terms of gameplay is how many times they've reused the "battle a mini guardian" shrine.

Anyone know how many of those they are? Guess I could've just unluckily stumbled upon all of them very early on. Seems unlikely though.
I think they've been about 1/4 of all the shrines I've done so far. Please god don't let there be 25 of those things.

Btw, #1 game of all time based on gamerankings average: http://www.gamerankings.com/browse.html

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Holy $*#d^%

You can make rafts fly!

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic