Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,341 to 10,360 of 15,210

Octane

@Tsurii Turns out, there's a Traveler's Sword under the waterfall in Kakariko Village. I believe that all (or at least most) weapons have a specific point where they spawn, so you can always get a new one.

Octane

Ryu_Niiyama

I am in love. I only played like 20 minutes last night (I'm not putting my switch on the dock until I get a screen protector) but the game is gorgeous! Zelda games in my opinion have been gaining a stronger narrative each iteration and this is no different. While I guessed the general identity of the old man from the start, the world that has been shown to me so far is suffused with hidden backstory and I can't wait to discover as much as I can. I will admit I'm having too much fun exploring and burning stuff down. It is sorta funny, to me the world feels more alive, mainly because of how barren it is (from a ruins perspective...so far.). I know that this is a kingdom ravaged by Gannon and I want to find out more about its lost history. So much so that for the first time I don't feel compelled to jump into the saving of the world part. I feel sorta like Link, a stranger in a strange land and I want to learn more about it before I put my life on the line.

The music! Oh, I listened to the soundtrack on the way to work today and I am captivated. In general I love the big symphonic movements of the traditional Zelda musical score and I don't like the piano as much as other string instruments (or percussion instruments since it is considered both) but the simple tinkling melodies form a subtle backdrop to exploring this ravaged yet beautiful world. I do hope this score gets added into the Symphony of the Goddesses tours.

I will say that the game has not changed my mind at all about voice acting. However it is a battle I won't win, so for now I am just grateful that the WHOLE game isn't voice acted. Just major scenes and Zelda herself (I don't like her voice actress so far btw...), so I can deal with it, but it does dampen my enjoyment a bit when it happens.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JohnBlackstar

I've also struggled with the Zelda voice actress too. Her voice is very jarring when I hear it and it removes me from the game. Maybe it will grow on me as I play more.

Edited on by JohnBlackstar

JohnBlackstar

-Green-

I think her voice is fitting for her look. She sounds like she just woke up from sleep. So maybe that's why it bugs some people.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

FGPackers

Gold_Ranger wrote:

@FGPackers They do charge in sleep mode.

Not mine. Except this they work perfectly, didn't have any kind of connecting issue too. I'll just charge them with Switch turned on on the dock. No problem.

Now: i finally started this game and i have to say that i love EVERYTHING. There's really not a single cons to me. Not even the ONLY 2 frame drops i got in the first 4 hours of playing.

In this 4 hours i did everything (of the important things) in the Plateau. 4 Shrines and got the glider and cloth (for cold) from the King. Now i'm on my way to Kakariko. In the Plateau i got 9 Korok seeds if i remember well, i know well i didn't get all of them, but i beat the rock boss! Wow what a fight! I have to say that the survival aspect is really important and you have to swap/find new weapons constantly, and let's not talk about materials gathering and cooking. Died only 3 times: 1 because i fall from top of Temple of Time (wrong button pressed), 2 times because of too much enemies at same time (didn't see them). Killed some moblins outside the Plateau and i found them a little bit difficult to slay but my gear is not that good. After 4 Shrines i got Stamina, not the Hearth because the game is really climbing based for exploration. Next time i'll pick the Hearth. And wow, with the glider exploration is so much faster!

Now i can't wait to discover more. But the world is really huge! It will take ages to see all of it!!! Aonuma-san did really a fantastic job. I can say that this game will be hands down the best one i'll ever played, and from my standpoint it deserves to be called the GOAT. I'm really so happy about it!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Joeynator3000

I'm guessing the shrine guardians don't respawn...(the weapons ones)
But yeah, these weapons break too quickly. :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Octane

@Tsurii I've entered an old shrine to see if they respawn, and they don't.. Knowing Nintendo, there's probably a way to get them, even though it may be very obscure or late game stuff. We'll see, but they usually think of stuff like this. Like how there are no missable quests for example (I assume there aren't at least..).

Octane

Joeynator3000

Do you forge/craft in this game? All this ore I'm getting talks about making weapons with...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Octane

@Tsurii Edited your comment to remove a potential spoiler. I didn't know that at least...

I haven't been to that region, because that tower lol.. I don't like exploring when I don't have the map...

Octane

TuVictus

I wish the music was more memorable like in skyward sword, but the major cities have amazing themes. I just wish they were more prevalent. I went to hyrule castle yesterday for the heck of it. Before getting my butt handed to me I noticed it has very amazing music.

Also I really enjoy how everything you need for all the dungeons and shrines is already in your possession, so if you get stuck it's because you can't figure it out rather than maybe not having the right tools for the job.

Like this first dungeon. Still stuck. Can't figure out how to get the wheel to move. But I refuse to look up the answer

I accidentally just cheated... Wonder if this was intentional. Used the statis rune on a gate locked by 5 terminals. Didn't find all 5 but managed to get through thanks to the rune

Double edit. Nevermind. Maybe that was intentional...

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

GoronBrudda

Yes, I felt the same about the music,. (wish it had more) That being said though, was pleasantly surpirsed about the game itself. (I was actually quite worried due to the food cooking mechanism that they'd make this game way too much like monster hunter) but it did actually still feel like a proper zelda game. (and am already well and truly addicted). I actually got sop frustrated waiting for my switch version to come that even though I had already ordered both the switch and wii u versions on disk, the impatient freak in me bought the digital download of the WiiU version on the weekend anyway just so that I could play it before the physical games and my switch console got here. However, now that both disk versions plus the console have turned up, I've now got the dilema of do I carry on playing it on the WiiU due to all the progress I've made, or do I just abandon it and start again from scratch on the switch just so that I can finally test out the new console I've been dying to play all this time!??

Hmmm... decisions, decisions...
(I'm honestly so torn, I it's driving me nuts!)

Help a brutha out someone! What would you do in my shoes?

GoronBrudda

OorWullie

I keep coming in here,read a line or 2 of a comment and think damn,I wish I hadn't read that.

I have been playing for around 25 hours and I've made very little progress.I can't help myself from going off the beaten track or scaling the peaks.I've only been to 2 towns,beaten 10 shrines and activated 3 (or maybe it's 4) towers.I can see myself passing 200 hours without finishing the main quest.

The game has far exceeded my expectations.I'm genuinely blown away by it time after time.I know for certain now,i'm playing the best game I've ever played.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

-Green-

I love the thing they're going for with the more passive and natural music. I can get why people may not like it as much, but as someone who lives in a very nature filled area, it's incredibly calming and peaceful to indulge in the nice music. I love the contrast it creates with the town music. Makes it all the more enjoyable for me tbh.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

FGPackers

I always liked the sound and music aspect of Zelda. I love it even more in this one!

Started to go towards Kakariko Village. Took 1h30 to do less than half the road with two Shrines, the tower to unlock the map and A LOT of other things that made me lose some time. People at the time feared the world would be empty. Well it's not, defintely! AND I LOVE IT!!!

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Maxz

Just as a heads up (or down, depending on how if you're ahead of me or not); anyway who walks straight to the sage in Mirro Shaz: Tempered Power is missing almost half the shrine.

Anyway, off to my the Korok guy again. I've accumulated almost 50 seeds since I last saw him, and now I feel I can't do anything because my inventory is so full of special weapons that I'm too afraid to use them in anything other than a massively boss. Bokoblins have become an almost undefeatable for.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@OorWullie Honestly, despite not having the game yet, I don't feel cheated reading much of the spoilers listed here, because short of actual plot, the only way to truly cheapen your experience is using a guide or something to find stuff.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

DreamyViridi

Oh gods, I just unlocked the rest of the "basic" runes and checked out the additional features. It's now official that I will never finish this game. XD

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

ProjectX1991

I need some help! So Hateno Tower, are you meant to climb it with the vines still wrapped around it? Or do you need to do something to get rid of them first? I keep trying to climb but get so far and hit vines...gah.

Thanks!

Edited on by ProjectX1991

ProjectX1991

Octane

@Tsurii It took me two fairies to realise what was happening, I thought those Lizalfos had perfect aim or something.. I felt stupid..

Octane

Octane

@ProjectX1991 Well, how would you even get rid of them then? They're vines after all, and we know that plants are indestructible.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic