Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 10,261 to 10,280 of 15,210

JoyBoy

Do you think it's possible to get every chest in any shrine from the get go? No such thing as " you need this item first!"?

Till now I've had 2 shrines where I couldn't figure out how to get the treasure chest.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

TuVictus

@Spanjard was wondering during the same thing. The shrine with the five fires is one I'm particularly stumped on

TuVictus

Octane

@Spanjard @Operative2-0 Yes, you don't need another item, just think outside the box. Sometimes I'm stuck on a chest for a minute or two, but I've always found a way to get them in the end.

Octane

spizzamarozzi

I do not think it would have been a problem implementing the map/icons on the GamePad if they wanted to. It worked at E3 2016 anyway...but we'll never know for sure. It's strange that the WiiU didn't even have enough power left to put a keypad on the GamePad to type in your horse's name.

Anyway, hit the Lost Woods today and I'm currently tackling a shrine where it says you have to count the stars to open the way. I've done 25 shrines or so already and reconquered all the four colossi and this is the first time I'm genuinely scratching my head. I'm probably overthinking it...

Edited on by spizzamarozzi

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Octane

@Tsurii Already beat him, wanna know my secret? It's even better if I say so myself..

Use your paraglider, land on his belly, quickly grab the orb and run away! lol

Octane

Octane

@Tsurii Well, I spoke too early, the enemies respawn and the group of Bokoblins on the beach guard a treasure chest that contains a Traveler's Sword, so if you're still looking for one, it's still there.

Octane

Maxz

@Octane Hahaha! I can't believe it's that simple. I was going to retry it when I had, like, a billion heart containers or something.

But now with Octane top tips, I might give it another go.

@Spanjard I believe you should be able to to get all the chests with the basic slate functions. There's no backtracking I'm aware of.

Sometimes the chests are much more sophisticated than the main puzzle though, and use a greater variety of runes. I just did a shrine where to finish the shrine it, you just ended magnesis, but to get the final chest, you also need cryonis and remote bombs. In this case, it involved leaving a bomb inactive next to a switch for most of the level, and then only activating it when I'd got into the final room and essentially 'finished' it. This meant I could 'hit' the switch, despite being completely closed off from it.

So yeah, some of the chests are the 'real' puzzles.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Octane

You can do pretty funny stuff with Octo Balloons, just read the description!

Octane

Maxz

@Octane Have you found any practical uses for them yet? I haven't touched them.

Two recent discoveries I've made, that made me feel quite stupid for not realising earlier, where that you can do ice pillars under floating chests to access them, and that you can get more from those 'offering' frog statues if you have a generous spirit. Previously, I'd just been trying to push the chests to shore - by bomb, boat, or body - and stealing all the apples from the statues.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

FGPackers

Argh all this spoilers that i can't read!!! But don't worry: tomorrow i'll finally start Breath of the Wild!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Octane

@Maxz Yes, there's a side-quest that involves them. I, too, keep forgetting I have ice powers.. Need to use them more often. I did see the apples coming from miles away though, stealing them was never an option for me

Octane

Eel

I wonder, should we move this thread to the switch forum? It seems new users looking to talk about the game go there by default and well, it's not there.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Meowpheel Do people really use the sub forums? I mostly check forums/all, unless I'm looking for a specific thread. Anyway, hope this helps.

Octane

LzWinky

Octane wrote:

@Tsurii I'm on that island. Easier said than done, I thought you were talking about that tiny island with a shrine on it. I do love this challenge though, although that boss fight may prove to be quite difficult..

Pro-tip: you don't HAVE to kill him

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

I'm trying to get every tower so I can access the world map when I need to teleport to places.

I also completed the first two dungeons. I recommend doing The wind dungeon (bird) first since it's the easiest so far

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shani

Meowpheel wrote:

I wonder, should we move this thread to the switch forum? It seems new users looking to talk about the game go there by default and well, it's not there.

So, they actually did it. I was just about to open this thread from the user menu on the right (where it shows notifications) like I always do and it gave me a 404.

@Undead_terror Since you're a mod and somewhat active in this thread, I just @ed you as a way of feedback to NL about this.

I understand that there's some hype for the Switch right now, but this just feels wrong.
BotW was originally developed for the Wii U and this thread originated in the Wii U forum - long before the game's title was known - so it has some kind of history that's tied to the Wii U forum.
Just moving it to the Switch forum without any consultation with the users - although of course is's NL's forum and you can do anything you want with it - doesn't feel right.
If you ask me, the proper way to do it would've been
a) putting a closed sticky thread in the Switch forum containg a link to this thread in the Wii U forum
b) making a poll

I'm aware that it's just a minor thing at best and it's not like anyone is mad or complaining because of that. Ultimately, it's fine and doesn't matter. But it just fits to how badly Nintendo is treating it's second-youngest child in favor of its youngest child right now...

Ok, so now Nintendo went straight to lying to everyone's face about the missing second screen support. Wow, for as much fun I have with BotW, I'm deeply disappointed with Nintendo's company policy recently.

Guess what, the game's map is based on Kyoto! I wanted to visit Japan one day anyway, so I might as well go to Kyoto.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic