Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 601 to 620 of 3,410

VoidofLight

@TheJGG I really like Link's new tunic in the opening of the trailer. It's like the classic green tunic, but in an entirely different style. The sandals are pretty cool too.

Watch them give Link a beard, and that's why they don't show his face, since they're trying to hide some sort of time skip gimmick.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Dezzy

Yeah I hope Zelda doesn't just disappear for the entire game again. Link needs characters around him if there's going to be any kind of serious story at all, given that he can't speak for himself (I doubt they're ever gonna change that, it's too settled in).
Zelda is generally the best candidate for that, although I guess they could add other companions too.

I just hope we get more story than last time.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

VoidofLight

@Dezzy Eh.. I'd rather not have companions. I'd be okay with characters that show up every now and then, but I don't want things like a character following you around in the overworld, or puzzles you can only solve by switching control or playing co-op.

iKhan

So here's my understanding of Zelda anniversaries:

Ends in a 0 (20th, 30th): Zelda centering on land

Ends in a 5 (25th, 35th): Zelda centering on the sky

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Dezzy

@iKhan

Lol, I'm not sure "centering on land" counts as a point in a pattern, given that nearly everything is on land.

@VoidofLight

Yeah I didn't necessarily mean a gameplay-related companion. I mean story-wise. Just a group of main characters who you regularly see throughout the game. Twilight Princess did that really well. Something a bit like that, but preferably even more story.

Edited on by Dezzy

-Juice-

@VoidofLight I think having both Link and Zelda playable would be wonderful if they went the Final Fantasy VII Remake route of character management.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

VoidofLight

@-Juice- I mean, the thing is though, Zelda games aren't really JRPG games.. so I don't see how it'd work in a non-jrpg.

Dezzy

Well they could easily do something a bit like FFXV where you're only controlling one character but you press like R2 in order to make your companion do a special attack when in combat, which then recharges over time, and can be upgraded in various ways as you progress.
I can't see why that wouldn't fit in a Zelda game.

Octane

Cause it would be lame

They're free to experiment with that in new games or spin-offs, but I personally wouldn't mind if they kept the main series as it is.

Octane

VoidofLight

@Octane Yeah, I honestly wouldn't mind something like that in a spin-off, or even playing as Zelda in a spin-off, but I personally rather the main series games keep the tradition of playing as Link, and only Link.

Dezzy

@Octane

I think you're imagining it being a much bigger change than I'm imagining it.

They already do change a lot of minor things between each game. I mean BotW was the first time the combat was physics-based at all, and pretty much no-one complained about that. In fact I thought it was a big improvement overall.

Henmii

@VoidofLight,

That was also a idea floating through my head. And the original calamity-stopper from the scroll had that same wild hair. Some rumors told about the player playing memory's of the old calamity-stopper, so who knows.

And one thing about Zelda: Have they ditched short-hair Zelda? Because when she falls she has the old botw hair.

Henmii

Henmii

@Octane

might be, but the original calamity-stopper from the scroll had the same hair. I always call it Ganondorf hair.

Henmii

VoidofLight

@Henmii When she falls, she still has short hair.

Also, the tapestry isn’t the original warrior who stopped Ganon and caused the first Calamity, and he’s not the first hero to stop a Calamity. He was just the one before BotW’s Link. The one from 10,000 years before the events of BotW. Calamity Ganon has been tormenting the kingdom for over 10,000 years.

Eel

I like the idea of potentially switching time periods and using that older hero in his time period, on the sky islands. Maybe like how the Animus works in Assassins Creed. It would be like dungeons without dungeons.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Dezzy If it isn't a big change, then what's the point?

I think in a game where exploration and discovery is central, you shouldn't mess around with switching main characters, or having a small party of characters. It kinda takes away some of the magic.

Octane

Henmii

@VoidofLight

Are you sure about Zelda's hair?

As for the old calamity stopper:

event 1: spiky hair dude stops ganon with guardians
event 2: link tries to stop ganon with digged up guardians, failed
event 3:link succeeds

The first hero might also be Link, but he looks different. However, Links icon in Hyrule warriors looks the same.

Henmii

Octane

Five years ago you'd all be looking at the original BOTW trailer and telling me the person in the knight's armor can't be Link, and it had to be a different character from the one wearing blue, because that also can't be Link, cause he wears green.

Octane

VoidofLight

@Henmii yes, I’m pretty sure her hair’s still short.

Also, nothing’s known about the hero 10,000 years ago, but he’s probably an incarnation of Link. Probably not the one that’s the green hand, since the green hand is over 20,000 years old.

The guardians were made by the Shiekah as weapons that were made to kill Ganon, and same with the Divine beasts. No version of Link made them, and Link never dug them up.

There was a ban on Shiekah tech right afyer the battle in which it was crafted for 10,000 years before botw. The king of Hyrule 100 years prior to Link’s awakening at the start of the game lifted that ban, as he heard it was needed by a sight seer.

Lastly: Age of Calamity, while canon, isn’t canon to BOTW. It is in it’s own universe.

Henmii

@VoidofLight

yeah, I know Link didn't make the guardians himself and dug them up himself. I just mentioned them to make clear what happened in each event. And I am still pretty sure that there is the scroll hero/ancient link, and then there is Link.

As for Age of calamity: I haven't finished it yet so I don't know. But I know there's time-travel in it, wich might complicate things. But I don't want it to be spoiled for me, so I'll stop there on the Age of calamity topic.

Henmii

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic