Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 581 to 600 of 3,410

Dezzy

teo_o wrote:

Could you help my memory guys? has any zelda ever began with link not waking up from sleep?

Majora's Mask is the only one, I think.

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy I think that's just part of the teleportation sequence that follows. Seems like one of those Sheikah tears, but upside down. Probably a sort of fast travel to get up in the sky easily.

That's what I thought initially, but Nintendo like their game mechanics to usually fit in with the logic of the world. Why would a random puddle of water be teleporting you to the sky? That would surely be an updraft of air sort of deal (especially given that that's an already established concept in the previous game).

Surely they would make that a seamless affair as well, given that it's an open world game? The thing we saw looked like it would've been more of a teleport, if those 2 clips were really connected.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy Link is literally crawling out of puddle in the next scene.

@teo_o @Dezzy Link's Awakening.

Octane

BruceCM

They're trying to tell you to play the trailer backwards..... It's not that deep

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

NintendoByNature

Silly observation but did anyone see a sword on link at all? I replayed it a few times and didn't notice him having one. Obviously means nothing im sure, just a fun little observation I noticed.

NintendoByNature

VoidofLight

@NintendoByNature His back was too crowded with the bow and shield honestly.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

VoidofLight

Someone pointed out to me that Link's hand isn't robotic, but rather looks corrupted or damaged.

NintendoByNature

@VoidofLight yea could be. Suppose I'd have to go back to botw1 and see how he looks In when you have a sword.

NintendoByNature

teo_o

@NintendoByNature Not silly at all, in fact this link is right handed, so it's extremely plausibile Aonuma will explain your starting from scratch again, with link losing the sword at the same time he loses his arm, with the possibility to recover the sword later in the game (along with zelda perhaps?).

Edited on by teo_o

teo_o

VoidofLight

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't just expand the skies, but also did something under Hyrule, seeing as Zelda fell down a pit.

teo_o

Also, i don't know if it's just me, but now the hero on the tapestry makes much more sense.
Is it just me? i mean, visually at least, zelda was spot on at the end of the game, but link never even came close.
Untitled

Untitled

teo_o

the_weakest_link

Ok, I'm pretty certain that, upon watching the trailer a second time, LINK is only shown as playable in the overworld sections, while ZELDA is only playable in the sky sections. What this means? I dunno, but I'M EXCITED!

the_weakest_link

VoidofLight

@teo_o There's definitely a similarity. I still feel as if the hand that was pinning ganon down was the hero who sealed Ganondorf, causing the Calamity to come back every 10,000 years.

VoidofLight

@the_weakest_link No.. that's not it at all. The guy in the sky is Link, and the guy in the overworld is also Link, as evident by the blue earing, same hand, and the fact that the outfit in the sky shots is made mainly for males, exposing the character's chest and back.

teo_o

I can't blame people trying to find hope for an active role for zelda.
By the looks of today's trailer she could be again the damsel in distress, and it would be a missed opportunity really. She has for once (well, since wind waker, really)
an interesting backstory as an archeologist, or at least an active role in understanding a lost culture/technology.
I hope Nintendo is just playing with expectations, and will actually find a bigger role for her.

teo_o

EOTW

Hmmm... is the triforce of courage in Link's left or (now jacked up) right hand? Think maybe Ganondorf finally managed to steal the dang thing?

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

EOTW

Nvm, its his left hand.

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

VoidofLight

@teo_o I mean, just because Zelda fell into the abyss doesn't mean that she's a damsel in distress. Perhaps she'll meet up with Link towards the end of the game or something. The way I see it is that they only did this to get her out of the picture, since Zelda would've been dead weight. She had the fate of either being an A.I. Companion that you were forced to switch to, or a forced co-op mode.

jedgamesguy

Yeah it’s interesting to see Zelda get put aside in that manner but it doesn’t automatically make her a damsel in distress.

I love the new designs for Link and Zelda though, it’s like they both embraced the wild after the game ended.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic