Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Posts 621 to 640 of 3,410

Henmii

Now that I have rewatched the trailer: I really get the feeling that you are playing as 2 characters: Link and a old hero (ancient Link?). So maybe there's a timetravel aspect, or just playable memory's (those where rumored). That strange chanting also sounds like reversed stuff, but no matter if you play it forward or backwards I couldn't make out any words. And then there's the spiky ball that is send back in time (up the slope)? The same rumor also said there would be more time-manipulation.

Edited on by Henmii

Henmii

Grumblevolcano

With BotW synonymous with the Game Awards (appeared in 2014, 2015 and 2017), I'd guess the next BotW 2 info will appear at the Game Awards this year.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Lugazz

VoidofLight wrote:

Also, nothing’s known about the hero 10,000 years ago, but he’s probably an incarnation of Link. Probably not the one that’s the green hand, since the green hand is over 20,000 years old.

How do you know about the 20 thousand years time?

Some form of time-travelling or reliving memories can indeed be very nice lore-wise. But if they do so, the transition must be seamless. The first BotW is known for its completely open world, you can explore anywhere. I want to be able to go high up in the skies and jump down to land without any loading screen!

Lugazz

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy If it isn't a big change, then what's the point?

I think in a game where exploration and discovery is central, you shouldn't mess around with switching main characters, or having a small party of characters. It kinda takes away some of the magic.

The point can be to integrate multiple characters into the story in a more involved way.
In what ways does having a party clash with exploration and discovery. It worked great in FFXV. Similarly in other games like God of War or The Last of Us. Having companions in those games works great.
Atreus in God of War worked in that exact same way!

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Lugazz

@Dezzy If done correctly, I don't see why not implementing in Zelda. At the same time, I prefer the "lone hero" setting in this series, with just Navi, Fi, Tatl, Midna etc as companion. Someone who is there with you but is mostly passive.

Lugazz

Balta666

Dezzy wrote:

Well they could easily do something a bit like FFXV where you're only controlling one character but you press like R2 in order to make your companion do a special attack when in combat, which then recharges over time, and can be upgraded in various ways as you progress.
I can't see why that wouldn't fit in a Zelda game.

I would not expect Zelda to be played on this one as the trailer only shows Link and the only frame with Zelda is about her falling to a hole so I would assume Link is there to save the day as allways...

Dezzy

@Balta666

Bit too soon to infer things from that trailer I think. We saw so little of what's actually going on.

Octane

@Dezzy Kratos isn't vaulting off stasis rocks, or paragliding halfway cross the map. I mean, yes, it COULD work, BUT, I don't want Zelda teleporting (or Super Mario bubbling) to keep up with Link for example. Movement is simply a lot more limited in the games you mentioned. Additionally, I think the game needs full voice acting. There needs to be interaction between the two. If both are dead silent the whole time, it's just incredibly awkward. It works in games like God of War and Last of Us, but they are fundamentally different from BOTW.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I definitely hope there's full voice acting this time. Just doing it in the cutscenes like last time was completely pointless. Added nothing to the game.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, but (good) voice acting is expensive, and Nintendo doesn't like that. The VA in BOTW is quite bad. Wouldn't mind it at all if they recast some of them. It sounds like they got a couple of interns from the Treehouse to do the voices for cheap.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

And yet some of their much lower budget games, like Fire Emblem Echoes had every single line of dialogue voice acted. I thought it was pretty high quality too.

I was also fine with the BotW voice acting. I don't have that high a bar for quality really. The number of games where I've thought the voice acting was so bad that it ruined the game, could be counted on 1 hand.

VoidofLight

@Lugazz I’m not saying BOTW 2 will have time travel. I’m merely talking lore..

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Octane

@Dezzy Maybe I don't play enough bad games, but BOTW definitely stood out to me.

Octane

GrailUK

Horizon Zero Dawn 3 will be set in the clouds haha.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

@GrailUK Well, aerial mounts has been a much requested feature lol. So if it isn't in 2, it's definitely in 3.

Octane

triforcepower73

The only form of travel we've really seen in the trailer is the paraglider. What do you think the chance of seeing a return of the Loftwings or at least some sort of flight mechanic is?

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

VoidofLight

@triforcepower73 I feel like Loftwings have a good chance of returning, given that Link sky dives from higher up onto one of the sky islands, and because I doubt the glider is able to get someone from island to island easily.

Not to mention, if they were to bring them back, they could have them live up to their true potential.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

triforcepower73

@VoidofLight Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Link will obviously need a way to get around the islands easier than the paraglider and Revali's gale if that's kept in this game. But I just don't know how they would work it in to the plot.

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic