Forums

Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Posts 281 to 300 of 334

NintendoByNature

What in the heck is going on with the shipment of LRG copies? I got an email over a month ago asking to confirm my shipping address as "it'll ship soon." Still nothing.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Boys and Girls, my LRG copy just shipped! Hopefully others are getting an email as well.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki should be any time now hopefully
@Kairu I'm sure it will be. I've heard nothing but good things.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@Kairu Oh I have played the game and finished it a few times already and I will agree it's definitely a GOTY candidate.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Kermit1doesmath

No joke I've seen the physical copy your talking about in Wal-Mart and BestBuy.

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

MarioBrickLayer

@NeonPizza The wait time with LRG isn't great, but I've been waiting 14 months for Broforce from Special Reserve Games.

If you compare that to Super Rare Games, it took two weeks for Fast RMX and The Touryst to arrive and I thought that was a longer wait than normal!

MarioBrickLayer

NintendoByNature

@Kermit1 you sure it's not the cowabungacollection?
@Kairu the last beat em up I thoroughly enjoyed was SoR4 which is my current favorite in the genre. I have no doubt this will surpass it with how my I love the turtles.

NintendoByNature

Haywired

Dotemu seems to be the new king of the side-scrolling beat 'em up. I can't decide whether I think this or Streets of Rage 4 is the best one I've ever played (I really think they're that good).

I was playing this with my older brother the other week (who hasn't been a gamer since the mid-90s) and needless to say, he was absolutely loving it. There was a lot of "Oh my God, we used to have that toy!"

It's nice to see the Turtles looking cool again in their proper old-skool artwork, unlike all the various ugly redesigns they've had to suffer over the years. I also loved how refreshingly wholesome and 80s/90s it all was (I mean, April didn't even have tattoos or an undercut or anything!).

My only minor complaints would be that I probably would've preferred a similar hand-drawn art-style to Streets of Rage 4. I get that they were going for the nostalgic, retro look, and to be fair it is decent pixel art, but nowadays, when 2D games can look as beautiful as Streets of Rage 4, or Shantae, or Steamworld Heist, or Jotun, etc. pixel art just doesn't really do it for me anymore.

Also, I didn't really like how easy it was to do special moves. You can literally just fill your special bar with the click of a button, so essentially you just can do them whenever you like. It doesn't make them feel very... special, thus doesn't make them as satisfying to perform as they should be.

Edited on by Haywired

Haywired

Tasuki

@Kermit1 @NintendoByNature I too have seen physical copies of Shredders Revenge at my local Walmart. Now it seems that they are out of it, but they still have a spot for it so I am assuming that they will get more. The only reason I went the LRG route is because of the extras. That VHS cover case just hit me with a wave of nostalgia and I couldn't say no. It brings back memories of being a kid and going down to my local video store and renting the TMNT cartoons on VHS.

As for the wait it's not a big deal for me because I have Gamepass on my Series X so I already played the game alot. I just wanted it on the Switch for playing on the go.

@NeonPizza I think with Limited Run the shipping date has to do with them getting all the extras together as well. I ordered River City Girls Zero back in March and just got an email a few weeks ago that they will be shipping it here soon. You just gotta be patient with stuff you order from LRG. I have received stuff from them 6 months to a year after I order them, especially if it's part of their "Limted Run Series". If you want to play a game that bad its almost better to go and get a copy somewhere else other then Limited Run cause of the wait time.

I remember receiving my Samurai Shodown Collection for the Switch from them and totally forgot I had ordered it. I got to play it once before it got stolen.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki dang that's pretty crazy. I think I'll pass on LRG next time in all honesty.

NintendoByNature

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature yeah i have a physical LRG copy of Streets of Rage 4, but there was a normal physical release for that game anyway which kind of put me off LRG mostly (great game tho).

I got my physical copy of Shreddars Revenge about a month ago, but it's a PAL version that a nearby game store had. Nabbed it and the Cowabunga Collection on the same day

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet man I feel like a fool. Could've been playing a physical of SR this whole time!

It's all good though I guess. Good things come to those who wait 😂

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature Yeah. I usually check to see what goodies LRG include with a game purchase and if none of them interest me, then I will go somewhere else for a copy of said game. In all honesty the wait alot of times is not worth it especially if it's a big game and you want to avoid spoilers.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki full disclosure, they may have roped me in with the personal pan pizza coupon from the Hut 😜. Hit me like a brick of nostalgia when i used to read hundreds of hours for one. In all honesty, I do the same when it comes to goodies. But all I'm really concerned about is actually playing the game, so next time, I'll go with what comparable option if its sooner.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NintendoByNature LOL I remember the Book It program when I was a kid. I remember you would have a large pin that said Book it with 5 I want to say spots for these gold star stickers. Once you got your pin all filled up with 5 stars your teacher would give you a coupon for a personal pizza from Pizza Hut.

But back on topic, I thought all physical copies came with the coupon, not just the Limited Run copies.

My Backlog

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki yea maybe they all did. But I was all in on that coup when I saw it 🤣

NintendoByNature

Ryu_Niiyama

I just found my coupon, totally brings back some bookit memories. You don't tempt a bibliophile with a pizza reward reading program. Especially since I was rarely allowed pizza as a child beyond what they served at school.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic