Forums

Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Posts 261 to 280 of 334

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature if it's any consolation I'm gonna wait too. Might just pick up both when the cowabunga collection releases and fully immerse myself in turtle-dom.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet your thought process is merely a rational one. I will be doing the same with both games, and hopefully soon!

NintendoByNature

Kermit1doesmath

I started playing Shredder's Revenge on PC (Gamepass) today here are my thoughts.

as a big turtle fan I LOVE THIS, I'm only on level 3 but this is an AWESOME game to play!!!!

Edited on by Kermit1doesmath

dysgraphia awareness human

roy130390

bimmy-lee wrote:

@roy130390 - Haha, the food rationing issue goes all the way back to when piping hot, ready to eat food magically started appearing under trash cans after you beat them up. People are mesmerized by it and just start drifting that way even if you tell them to wait until the screen is clear and assess. Real bmuppers know it’s about keeping as many players playing for as long as possible. There’s nothing more heroic than bypassing the food and finishing off the boss with a sliver of health. It’s all about getting that same life to the next level and getting that refill. Quarter hoarders lack honor and style. Most of the pizzas right before the boss battles carry over to the boss screen. The ultimate slap in the face to Shredder is to eat this while the boss is in their defeat animation.

Exactly mate! Haha, I guess it's a different time so many don't know about this kind of things, but it being so ingrained in my brain it slightly annoys me when I play with randoms and just see everyone grabbing pizza that they don't need and being chaotic in general haha. It's still quite fun though!

By the way, sorry for the late response, I've been playing MH Rise Sunbreak as much as I'm able.

Here's a pretty cool video that I found for everyone interested in the characters differences, it's really well done: https://youtu.be/S1pQM2L24Kc

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - I used to play a lot of SoR2 with my brother on the Genesis, and no matter how many times I discussed food strategy with him; he always seemed to magically drift towards the trash can food and “accidentally” get it whether he needed it or not. I’ve been kind of busy lately, so I haven’t been playing much. I still need to get Casey and Donny through story mode. I did notice you were playing Sunbreak. I didn’t realize you play MH. They seem like cool games, but I’ve never gotten into them. I’ve only ever messed around with the demos.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee the "accidental" trash can maneuver was typically used when the partner wanted the gaming session to be over and for you to die quickly. It was used many times in my house. Want to play outside now? "Oops, sorry I just cracked you in the head with a lead pipe and stole that turkey with full power!"

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Do this, and you will be crushed by the ultimate warrior, Abadede. I gotta be honest, this sounds like an annoying little brother tactic. Perhaps YOU are a little brother who lost interest three minutes into a SoR2 run and were prepared to do whatever it took to get outside for a trampoline session or maybe even a dunk contest on a seven foot rim?

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee while you think you have years of data to prove this theory, you're actually wrong. This was older Brother tactic used on younger me, when he wanted to leave the mean streets of wood oak city. This reminds of me April 2022 when you were wrong about liking the werewolf action game you bought.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Wow, your algorithm is on point. You have connected all the red strings. This IS exactly like April 2022 when I purchased Neon Werewolf Blaster for 37 cents, played it for less than two minutes and realized I had made a huge mistake. Nintendo is acting weird dude. Something is up. Hardware, maintenance, SOMEthing.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee you're certainly back on track. We did have that fabled partner showcase and I would've loved for them to reveal another playable character. Perhaps at the next maintenance or investors meeting?!?! Amirite?! No I am not.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Can’t wait for you to get your cart so we can stop dancing around some of these huge spoilers like the Battletoads/ Double Dragon crossover, and the secret ending boss fight with Tokka and Rahzar.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee you and me both. But once i DO get it, we'll destroy the foot in the most super righteous tubular way and toast to Sandeep after.

This will be just like fall of 2020 when we destroyed MR X and his children in SoR4. In fact, it's exactly like fall of 2020.

NintendoByNature

Ninchiku

This game looks great but i plan to play it in physical format.

If i got it right, the europoean version of this game will be available through PlayAsia? Is that correct?

Ninchiku

WoomyNNYes

@Ninchiku If you're in north america, you can also order games from amazon uk. For some things, like games, the site will convert your currency automatically, and ship to north america.

I just tried it, it's $54.01 USD. Twelve dollars of that is shipping. I don't know how that compares to playasia, though. Amazon uk might be faster shipping.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

bimmy-lee

I got all the available characters through story mode last weekend. Nothing left to do but try to attack arcade mode on hard and wait for the physicalé folks to get their copies so we can play online... speaking of, I don’t understand the article on the front page. Is LRG shipping copies, or is that some other company? Why does it have to be so weird?

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tasuki

@bimmy-lee I believe that's some one else shipping it out. From the comments I read on that article people were saying that their Amazon order was shipping. Also on LGR's website they pointed out that Shredders Revenge isn't an LGR exclusive thus it didn't count towards an LGR complete set. I think different vendors had different goodies kinda like multiple places having different pre-order goodies back in the day.

As for me, I am finally getting back into this game after being distracted by WWE 2K22 lol.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee It is weird with LRG and Shredder's Revenge! Same thing happened with Infernax!

I got my regular physical copy from my local retailer this Friday!

Untitled

I believe that LRG give some extras like stickers or something like that!

Ninchiku

@WoomyNNYes

Hey thanks for the reply

Im in europe though and i see regular retailers sell it too so i'll just buy it in one of them

Cant wait to finally try it

Ninchiku

bimmy-lee

@Tasuki - Yeah, I guess that was a European release the other day. I just wish everyone had this game already. The MS/Nintendo folks like you who wanted physical got the best of both worlds with it dropping on game pass day one.

How’s the rasslin game? I’ve never been too big into the 2k games, but I probably have hundreds of hours in the THQ games on 64, mostly in creating. I’m in the process of setting up my new retro game room, and it’ll be the first time I’ve checked in on my CAWs in years.

@Zuljaras - Dude, I’m glad you have your copy, but those statues are incredible! I don’t think I’ve seen Mikey yet. I love that pose with the pizza and the NES, it’s wonderful. Were you able to do any detail on those carts lying in front of the NES? Those make excellent book ends to display your game. I like the key chain too.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

Zuljaras

@bimmy-lee thanks

Mikey is smaller in scale but I've put lots of details. The NES cartridges are all individually painted. Well yes only 2 colors on each and they are just blobs of paint but they represent great NES games. TMNT is in the console because on the TV you see Raph face. The other 3 are Castlevania

One of those things that only the maker knows I guess

When I get to a PC I will see if I have photo from each side

EDIT:

Here are some photos of Mikey

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

Edited on by Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic