Forums

Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Posts 261 to 280 of 288

NeonPizza

@Tasuki
I also gave Ryno a shout out about an hour ago or so, I have an inkling he wont get back to us. Guess he's super busy with the fam' and everything else going on in his life. He's probably moved on from NL simply because he knows it's mostly littered with newer younger users that grew up playing and gorging on the Gamecube(Least Favorite nintendo console ever.lol) which we just can't relate with or has simpy just lost interest all together with forums in general. Who knows. Like you pointed out, coming to NL these days(heck, probably since 2013 or so imo) isn't even remotely close to how things were back in the late 2000's and very early 2010's.

I've been with NL since it's VC-Review days, which was back in 07'(I think) and the site peaked imo during 2010-2011, or at least were two of it's last greatest years. Again, strictly in terms of having users that grew up during the 8-16 bit generation like us, that we could relate to. The forums and community were on fire during the Wii, DSLite & first year of the 3DS era. After the first year or so of the Wii U generation is when things changed. Heck, i felt a change with myself once I hit 28, for the worse. haven't managed to the hit the same level of excitability for anything really prior to that.

Ultimately, I still come here because i like partaking in some of the discussions, rather than dealing with one-off YouTube replies. Plus, i've been here on and off for so bloody long, plus it's a smaller tighter community.

And sorry about what happened to you house, that sounds super scary! I can imagine that it put things in perspective as far as materialism goes and what really matters. And I'm with you on the excess LR junk and just the inevitably of selling that crap off to get rid of excess clutter. If i'm going to buy junk, i want real junk from the mid to late 80's and early 90's. BTW, That LR Shredder figure imo looks worse than the real one that was released in 89'. If anything, i really want that Shredder's Revenge Pixel Diorama and a couple of other othings, but i dont know if it's worth shelling out over $200 for that super bundle to get it. Might just settle for the mid-tier bundle that you're going for instead. That VHS slip Cover/Tape is no doubt in my mind the star of the show haha.

As for those precious video store days. Same deal with me man. I used to go to Mega Videos during the Late 80's/early 90's with my mom and dad and had an absolute blast. Just looking through the NES games and glimpsing at their outlandrish crazy and imagnitive box art, with the fluerescent Pink, blue & Green plastic cases behind them made my eyeballs pop. There would usually be a Sad smiley face sticker or plastic thing hanging off the top left or right corner of the NES box to indicate weather it was rented out or not. So cool. I remember TMNT: The Arcade Game & Chip n Dale rescue rangers being two of the most difficult games to rent back then. Kids would keep them long over due, forcing their parents to pay the late charges.lol And i can't forget those awesome coloring contests they used to have, usually for Disney VHS re-releases, like Peter Pan, and Jungle Book(etc) which i actually won to my surprise.

And ya, loading up on junk food and coming back home with a couple of VHS tapes or an NES game felt like an adventure, which is lost in time. You were dedicated, because you took the time out of your day to get these things, rather than sifting through a digital movie/game selection and just pressing the play button. I love the convenience, dont get me wrong but that level of dedication isn't there anymore.

Mega Videos handed kids a sheet of paper with the box art illustration for us to color, they'd hang up the top 10 best when it came to coloring and they'd pick the winner at about 2 weeks. I won the jungle book compitetion and they ended up giving a brand new VHS copy of Jungle Book in all of it's clam shelled glory, with some junk food and i think a free rental or two. Cherrished moment! They knew too that some of the kids had their parents or older brother or sister do the coloring for them. They were too well done! So they were scrapped haha.

and oh my god....the iconic F.H.E logo animation screen will forever be burned and etched into my mother brain. Gives me the nostalgia fuzzy wuzzies' every time i see and hear it. The first turtles tape I ever rented was none other than 'Case of the Killer Pizza's and i'm pretty sure it was the first time my peepers caught that classic F.H.E logo animation for the first time.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/LiQAAOSw~p5gxQfz/s-l1600.jpg

Edited on by NeonPizza

"ExcuuuUUUUSE ME, Princess!"
Switch Friend Code: SW-1323-8872-2420
I demand Crystal Pepsi & Noid Domino's Pizza!

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Yeah I feel the same with NL to me it seems that it went down since James left if you remember him. Even the quality of their articles changed.

The Shredder action figure is cool looking but they gave him a shirt, the original if you remember was Bare chested. But yeah I am definitely getting the mid-tier one I can't pass up that VHS slipcover!!!

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

NeonPizza

@Tasuki
Didn't james score a job working for Nintendo or something several years ago? I can't remember. Corbie was great too btw.

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Yeah he ended up getting a job at NoE. So that's why he had to quit the site here. Corbs was great too. In fact alot of the writers and people they had back then were great. Not to say that the writers now are great they just have a different style which I don't like to be honest. In fact alot of their articles seem more fitting for a tabloid more then a news site. Then there's one writer who it seems likes to pull social stuff into the articles, like for example Best Trans games on the Switch. Like come on there's other gamers too, what only Trans can enjoy them? I come here to escape the social craziness that goes on the world, last place I want to see is mixed in with my gaming news.

Mosty though I come here to keep tabs on any games that might seem interesting to me and to chat with a few users but overall I don't come here like I use to.

My Backlog

NeonPizza

@Tasuki
Ya man, I've seen a few of those 'top 10' LGBQT game related-whatever articles creep up a few or so times now on NL. It's the same exact outcome. They tend to generate more traffic than the majority of their articles, reel in a mega ton of replies, followed by several rude remarks and countless fighting, which leads to several deleted posts, and then NL end up shutting down the comments section. It feels like a cycle. Celeste was pretty cool btw, had no idea the lead character was trans. I'm deducting 3 points. kidding.

And speaking of crazyness, screw the times. I feel like things have gradually been getting worse since around 2013 for numerous reasons. In all honestly, as much as i adore the late 80's & early 90s...2013-2022 has actually made me appreciate 2006-2012, when all of this madness didn't exist, and cell phones did 'just enough'(before the 2010's), so that people weren't religiously attatched to them. The oversaturation with digital content, and the amount of screens were in front of daily has caused a total dopamine sensory overload. lol

I'm thrilled to see where VR goes, and video games are still generally pretty damn amazing, including a handful of TV series ala' streaming(StrangerThings for ex), and i kind of like how one can opt for an all-digital life style(less clutter, more space and having that convenience) and whatever else, but like you said the world has gone bananas. Hate modern pop music, fashion, the soulless unimagintive commercials, the cell phone zombies, and how many uninspired disengenious fake greedy click baiting youtubers there are now. And am i the only one who doesn't care for 99% of these Marvel/DC movies either?

Edited on by NeonPizza

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Dude I agree with the Marvel and especially the DC movies. If I want some Batman I will watch me some Michael Keaton and Jack Nickalson going at it in Tim Burton's Batman. I actually watched it the other day it is still so good. I love how it accomplished storytelling with its atmosphere and mood rather then special effects, and Keaton as Batman A++++++++ in my book. I still get chills down my spine when he says "I'm Batman" so much better them emo Robert Patterson.

In fact I have a Netflix, HBO, Disney and often times I find myself watching older movies over the new ones. In fact besides Batman, this week alone I watched Lethal Weapon, Jurassic Park, Days of Thunder and Terminator 2.

I kinda want to see Top Gun Maverick but I am scared, I heard it was good but I am afraid it's going to be another nostalgia cash in, lol if you know what I mean.

As for NL I understand why they went the route they did with websites its all about traffic and the fact is those articles produce the most traffic which they need to keep the lights on. It's just those type of articles don't gel with me especially as you said they tend to disrupt the comment section which in the end cause the staff to close the comment section down and what use is that on a site like this?

My Backlog

SmaggTheSmug

I just jumped in to complain that there's no "comic colors" mode (I wonder where it came from anyway, in Archie comics Turtles were all the same and the originals were all in black and white and with all red masks to boot), as it would improve clarity for 3+ Turtles (especially for people less familiar with them) and here I see general complaints about NL and agenda pushing. While I agree it's bad and divisive and doesn't belong on a video game site, is it the thread to discuss it?
BTW someone made comic colors mod for the PC version.

Edited on by SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug

Twitter:

NeonPizza

@Tasuki
I'm with you on the Tim Burton Batman's, I always fall back to Returns just because it feels like it's in it's own unique world. It feels like a comic book come to life with it's weird Gothic Whimsical set pieces, atmosphere and killer soundtrack composed by that trio including Danny Elfman. Meanwhile, the The Dark Knight & Dark Knight Rises feel like Crime dramas set in New York with DC elements thrown in the mix. TDK was good, dont get me wrong, but it's not the type of film I'd rewatch or leave on playing in the background....They're just not, fantastical, imagnitive, fun and 'out there' the way Batman & Returns were.

Oh, and the latest 'The Batman' is by far one of the worst re-imagnings in the entire franchise. I'd rather watch Batman & Robin,than sit through that murky depressing down and out emo romp ever again. At least Batman & Robin has that stupid fun factor to it, where as this new one just takes itself way too seriously, with it's sulking personalityless monotone Bruce Wayne and muddy bleak dismal atmosphere. Blugh. Everybody in that movie just looks miserable.

But ya, maybe I'm wrong, but i'm getting the impression that there's probably under 15 people that are in their late 30's and up that post in these forums. The new generation has set in(Gamecube Gargoyles and Wii Wizards ) and people our age and older have most likely moved on from forums in general, are too busy with their families or have dropped out of gaming all together. Like i said before though, YouTube is too massive, and responses to replies are typically a one off vs a small community like this. but NL aint' the same was it as in lets say 2010 that's for sure.

And has their actually been a newer movie that's been able to rival the T-Rex Animatronics from the first Jurrasic Park? The new Jurrasic Park movies are a total dumpster fire. They've been disney-fied and the CG dinosaurs look, well, CG. The original JP has elements of horror, like the late night T-Rex Ambush, which is easily the greatest scene in the entire movie. With these new JP films, it just feels like I'm watching cartoon dinosaurs chasing attractive people that never feel like they're in actual danger, but are....It's just that unconvincing. lol Maybe i'm just tired of looking at a flat 2D screen. We need VR movies and Smello-Vision stat!

Edited on by NeonPizza

Losermagnet

@NintendoByNature if it's any consolation I'm gonna wait too. Might just pick up both when the cowabunga collection releases and fully immerse myself in turtle-dom.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

NintendoByNature

@Losermagnet your thought process is merely a rational one. I will be doing the same with both games, and hopefully soon!

NintendoByNature

Kermit1

I started playing Shredder's Revenge on PC (Gamepass) today here are my thoughts.

as a big turtle fan I LOVE THIS, I'm only on level 3 but this is an AWESOME game to play!!!!

Edited on by Kermit1

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Horizons, Okami HD

SW-0553-8644-3608 I'm Kermit1 and ask before you friend please

My dead YouTube channel

#TeamSlime

roy130390

bimmy-lee wrote:

@roy130390 - Haha, the food rationing issue goes all the way back to when piping hot, ready to eat food magically started appearing under trash cans after you beat them up. People are mesmerized by it and just start drifting that way even if you tell them to wait until the screen is clear and assess. Real bmuppers know it’s about keeping as many players playing for as long as possible. There’s nothing more heroic than bypassing the food and finishing off the boss with a sliver of health. It’s all about getting that same life to the next level and getting that refill. Quarter hoarders lack honor and style. Most of the pizzas right before the boss battles carry over to the boss screen. The ultimate slap in the face to Shredder is to eat this while the boss is in their defeat animation.

Exactly mate! Haha, I guess it's a different time so many don't know about this kind of things, but it being so ingrained in my brain it slightly annoys me when I play with randoms and just see everyone grabbing pizza that they don't need and being chaotic in general haha. It's still quite fun though!

By the way, sorry for the late response, I've been playing MH Rise Sunbreak as much as I'm able.

Here's a pretty cool video that I found for everyone interested in the characters differences, it's really well done: https://youtu.be/S1pQM2L24Kc

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - I used to play a lot of SoR2 with my brother on the Genesis, and no matter how many times I discussed food strategy with him; he always seemed to magically drift towards the trash can food and “accidentally” get it whether he needed it or not. I’ve been kind of busy lately, so I haven’t been playing much. I still need to get Casey and Donny through story mode. I did notice you were playing Sunbreak. I didn’t realize you play MH. They seem like cool games, but I’ve never gotten into them. I’ve only ever messed around with the demos.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee the "accidental" trash can maneuver was typically used when the partner wanted the gaming session to be over and for you to die quickly. It was used many times in my house. Want to play outside now? "Oops, sorry I just cracked you in the head with a lead pipe and stole that turkey with full power!"

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Do this, and you will be crushed by the ultimate warrior, Abadede. I gotta be honest, this sounds like an annoying little brother tactic. Perhaps YOU are a little brother who lost interest three minutes into a SoR2 run and were prepared to do whatever it took to get outside for a trampoline session or maybe even a dunk contest on a seven foot rim?

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee while you think you have years of data to prove this theory, you're actually wrong. This was older Brother tactic used on younger me, when he wanted to leave the mean streets of wood oak city. This reminds of me April 2022 when you were wrong about liking the werewolf action game you bought.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Wow, your algorithm is on point. You have connected all the red strings. This IS exactly like April 2022 when I purchased Neon Werewolf Blaster for 37 cents, played it for less than two minutes and realized I had made a huge mistake. Nintendo is acting weird dude. Something is up. Hardware, maintenance, SOMEthing.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee you're certainly back on track. We did have that fabled partner showcase and I would've loved for them to reveal another playable character. Perhaps at the next maintenance or investors meeting?!?! Amirite?! No I am not.

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - Can’t wait for you to get your cart so we can stop dancing around some of these huge spoilers like the Battletoads/ Double Dragon crossover, and the secret ending boss fight with Tokka and Rahzar.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee you and me both. But once i DO get it, we'll destroy the foot in the most super righteous tubular way and toast to Sandeep after.

This will be just like fall of 2020 when we destroyed MR X and his children in SoR4. In fact, it's exactly like fall of 2020.

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic