Forums

Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder’s Revenge

Posts 241 to 260 of 334

rockodoodle

Watchman wrote:

rockodoodle wrote:

I think I might actually get this on Switch, even tho it’s on Gamepass lt just seems like something that should be played in handheld mode.

It should be played in every mode.

I just think that whilst I have this through Gamepass, it seems so appropriate for the Switch in handheld. Not regretting the double dip…

Edited on by rockodoodle

rockodoodle

roy130390

@bimmy-lee That was fantastic mate, it was really fun to team up with you! You are really good at the game, I hope that we play another time!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - Had a blast, we make a good team! Good for 90 millionth place, haha! You were the one saving me with that delicious za. I’d definitely like to play again, maybe we can round up more Turtles from this thread next time.

limby-bee was a jerk.

My Nintendo: RedNestor

Roz1281

Loving this game on game pass, and ordered the LRG physical from Amazon, but I'm going to be pissed if the major bug fix patches aren't on the physical. Nothing ruins a potential classic like a broken game on cartridge. It especially irks me when they know before release that there are bugs and already have a patch ready. Just delay the game in that case, logistics be damned.

Sorry to be a downer though, this is game of the year (tied with Kirby IMO)

Roz1281

NintendoByNature

@Roz1281 nah you're right. Hoping the same honestly. No reason not to have the patch on the cart when it hits my doorstep, whenever that may be.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Hahaha Good to see you bro. Yeah I haven't seen Ryno for a minute either looking back on his profile it seems he hasn't been around since 2020. Still I thought maybe the shout out would get his attention. To by honest I don't spend much time here like I use. Alot of the old people who I use to chat with I don't see anymore and the new ones coming I just don't get. They talk about DS games and GameCube games as classics like we do NES and Genesis, which don't get wrong are great games but not retro or classic and when I usually point that out it leads to an argument and I just don't have time for that crap.

Yeah I get the LGR stuff. Since my house burned down last year it put alot of my collecting in perspective. I mean yeah I like the stuff, especially that Shredder action figure, but honestly am I going to use it? Who am I showing it off too?? In the end it's one more thing of clutter. That like you said will end up on ebay in a few years. Although I will be getting the $60 set with the VHS sleeve. Seeing that sleeve brings back to many memories for me to pass on it. Memories like hitting the video store in the late eighties with my dad on the weekend after spending hours feasting on large amounts of sugar and watching Saturday Morning Cartoons and seeing the TMNT videos on a shelf waiting to be rented lol. Heck seeing that VHS slipcover and instantly I hear that F.H.E. jingle in my head lol.

But however you play you don't want to miss it. It definitely made me feel like a kid again playing it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Oh yeah, a full turtle team would be great, count me in!

By the way guys, has anyone passed Gnarly difficulty on arcade? It's a considerable difference between normal and that mode. I see people saying that the "taunt" mechanic shouldn't be spammable, but I think that Story Mode is for a chill run/training so it doesn't matter there and that it's a really useful mechanic in Arcade mode. Besides, you can only have one energy bar there so there's a big difference. I actually found Gnarly Arcade harder than Fight N' Rage, which is considered a challenging beat'em up.

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - I’ve been dabbling with gnarly mode and it’s a lot. There’s a huge jump between Normal and Gnarly, though I do think Normal is intentionally on the easier side of bmups. I haven’t lost a life in Story mode since my first run, but I’m routinely on the floor in Gnarly mode. The extremely “arcade” nature of the experience makes it tough in Gnarly because there are some cheap/off screen attacks in the second half of the game, as well as some enemy combos that make things very difficult on that setting. A game like RCG is so perfectly balanced that it’s tough but fun on the difficult settings, where Turtles is a tad frustrating; at least where my skill level is at right now.

I’ve been working years on FnR, and I still can’t clear it. I find there are just two sections of the game I struggle with to the point that they fill me with rage. The raft section and the final fight. The rest of the game is sooo fun and on the doable side, but those two sections suck the life out of me. I’m at the point where I just take a run or two at it when I’m between games and move on when I’m enraged.

limby-bee was a jerk.

Tendo64

Nearly forked out 30-odd bucks for this before finding out it was available to play on GamePass. Criminal how much of a rip the Nintendo online service is compared to its competitors.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

roy130390

@bimmy-lee Agreed, it's a big difference between difficuly levels and honestly Gnarly could benefit from some tweaking because it does have some cheap moments. Yesterday I was doing ok with a team and the game had a bug in which it didn't allow us to progress as if there was some enemy missing or something but they were unreachable. The game is fantastic but they really need to fix those things. Fortunately for me I'm perfectly fine playing on normal, the difficulty feels pretty good there but I'd like to get the achievement of finishing it on Gnarly in Arcade mode.

@Tendo64 Yeah, it's a big difference online services and Nintendo is certainly the worst, although with this game I'll support them as much as possible. It really deserves to get as many sales as possible.

By the way, this is directed to everyone: guys, if any of you is playing online, please don't take the pizza if there's soemone with less HP. I'm guessing that it isn't probably users from this site, but just in case haha. I don't know why, maybe it's because there's small kids too (although there's also tons of adults playing) but there really needs to be more teamwork online, specially on higher difficulties. 90% of my online experiences have had someone that is just plain awful, taking everything without needing it. For some reasons it tends to be Ralph players the most so I guess it's kinda fitting? Haha.

Edited on by roy130390

Tendo64

roy130390 wrote:

By the way, this is directed to everyone: guys, if any of you is playing online, please don't take the pizza if there's soemone with less HP. I'm guessing that it isn't probably users from this site, but just in case haha. I don't know why, maybe it's because there's small kids too (although there's also tons of adults playing) but there really needs to be more teamwork online, specially on higher difficulties. 90% of my online experiences have had someone that is just plain awful, taking everything without needing it. For some reasons it tends to be Ralph players the most so I guess it's kinda fitting? Haha.

That sounds eerily similar to society in general. Who said this game wasn't realistic?

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

bimmy-lee

@roy130390 - Haha, the food rationing issue goes all the way back to when piping hot, ready to eat food magically started appearing under trash cans after you beat them up. People are mesmerized by it and just start drifting that way even if you tell them to wait until the screen is clear and assess. Real bmuppers know it’s about keeping as many players playing for as long as possible. There’s nothing more heroic than bypassing the food and finishing off the boss with a sliver of health. It’s all about getting that same life to the next level and getting that refill. Quarter hoarders lack honor and style. Most of the pizzas right before the boss battles carry over to the boss screen. The ultimate slap in the face to Shredder is to eat this while the boss is in their defeat animation.

Edited on by bimmy-lee

limby-bee was a jerk.

rockodoodle

Tendo64 wrote:

Nearly forked out 30-odd bucks for this before finding out it was available to play on GamePass. Criminal how much of a rip the Nintendo online service is compared to its competitors.

I decided to get it, in spite of having it on Game Pass. As I mentioned above, it seems like such a cool game to play in handheld mode and on a Nintendo system. It is cool to take this on the go. Worth it for me.

rockodoodle

NintendoByNature

I'm being teased by all of you waiting on my copy and I don't like it one bit. I'm tempted to delete this thread as the OP, how bout dat!

Kidding. But seriously, I might 🙃

NintendoByNature

bimmy-lee

@NintendoByNature - When your back’s to the wall, put your sword in your hand. Remember the words that your master instructed, evil moves fast, but good moves faster than light; shining for your illumination, good versus evil, it’s no new confrontation. So when you’re in trouble, don’t give in and go sour; try to rely on your... Turtle Power.

limby-bee was a jerk.

NintendoByNature

@bimmy-lee yes. This reminds me of a conversation I had back in 2005 when a younger version of me was impatient for resident evil 4. In fact, it's EXACTLY like 2005.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Yeah I feel the same with NL to me it seems that it went down since James left if you remember him. Even the quality of their articles changed.

The Shredder action figure is cool looking but they gave him a shirt, the original if you remember was Bare chested. But yeah I am definitely getting the mid-tier one I can't pass up that VHS slipcover!!!

My Backlog

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Yeah he ended up getting a job at NoE. So that's why he had to quit the site here. Corbs was great too. In fact alot of the writers and people they had back then were great. Not to say that the writers now are great they just have a different style which I don't like to be honest. In fact alot of their articles seem more fitting for a tabloid more then a news site. Then there's one writer who it seems likes to pull social stuff into the articles, like for example Best Trans games on the Switch. Like come on there's other gamers too, what only Trans can enjoy them? I come here to escape the social craziness that goes on the world, last place I want to see is mixed in with my gaming news.

Mosty though I come here to keep tabs on any games that might seem interesting to me and to chat with a few users but overall I don't come here like I use to.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@NeonPizza Dude I agree with the Marvel and especially the DC movies. If I want some Batman I will watch me some Michael Keaton and Jack Nickalson going at it in Tim Burton's Batman. I actually watched it the other day it is still so good. I love how it accomplished storytelling with its atmosphere and mood rather then special effects, and Keaton as Batman A++++++++ in my book. I still get chills down my spine when he says "I'm Batman" so much better them emo Robert Patterson.

In fact I have a Netflix, HBO, Disney and often times I find myself watching older movies over the new ones. In fact besides Batman, this week alone I watched Lethal Weapon, Jurassic Park, Days of Thunder and Terminator 2.

I kinda want to see Top Gun Maverick but I am scared, I heard it was good but I am afraid it's going to be another nostalgia cash in, lol if you know what I mean.

As for NL I understand why they went the route they did with websites its all about traffic and the fact is those articles produce the most traffic which they need to keep the lights on. It's just those type of articles don't gel with me especially as you said they tend to disrupt the comment section which in the end cause the staff to close the comment section down and what use is that on a site like this?

My Backlog

SmaggTheSmug

I just jumped in to complain that there's no "comic colors" mode (I wonder where it came from anyway, in Archie comics Turtles were all the same and the originals were all in black and white and with all red masks to boot), as it would improve clarity for 3+ Turtles (especially for people less familiar with them) and here I see general complaints about NL and agenda pushing. While I agree it's bad and divisive and doesn't belong on a video game site, is it the thread to discuss it?
BTW someone made comic colors mod for the PC version.

Edited on by SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug

Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic